Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City presser - Adams on Pilks, Redmond and Fer

I dont know if we need to sell Jim, hopefully we are being told the truth, but if players want to go, especially valuable players, do you really want to try and keep them here, surely your answer will be NO.

So if we are going to let them go then surely we need to get the best price?

I''ve put that as nicely as I can!

Must admit i am getting concerned that ''acceptable'' bids are going to come in close to the end of the window and we will be left high and dry. Lose these two and I think our chances of going back up go with them.

The issue I have is as above, we will end up using the loan market and remember where that left us the last time?

Yes if a player wants to leave then the club should be replacing them prior to departure.

Yep O''Neil might be in to replace Fer but what a step down.

I have some concerns that we will sell three or four more and rely on youth & loans this late in the summer.

Time will tell.

I read that Pilkington has a year left so not sure the loan and £2 mil at the end would fit.

Well quite, even we are not that stupid as he would just walk off on a Bosman next May. If its 2M it merely makes it a rank bad deal rather than daylight robbery.

To sell for less than we paid for him (from a League 1 club is pretty disappointing)

[quote user="Indy"]The issue I have is as above, we will end up using the loan market and remember where that left us the last time?

Yes if a player wants to leave then the club should be replacing them prior to departure.

I have some concerns that we will sell three or four more and rely on youth & loans this late in the summer.

Time will tell.[/quote]I do, Indy. It left us with Leon Barnett, Henri Lansbury, Aaron Wilbraham, Rob Edwards, Daniel Pacheco and Sam Vokes and promotion to the Premier League.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]The issue I have is as above, we will end up using the loan market and remember where that left us the last time?

Time will tell.[/quote]I do, Indy. It left us with Leon Barnett, Henri Lansbury, Aaron Wilbraham, Rob Edwards, Daniel Pacheco and Sam Vokes and promotion to the Premier League.[/quote]

Fair point Purple...But some of these were loaned in January to shore up our promotion push.

You know I was looking back to our last relegation from the premiership.....the likes of Stewart and Cottee etc.

i mentioned it last night and will again....i find it hard to believe Toni Kroos who played the the world cup final was back and ready to play in the european super cup on tuesday....yet Fer may still not be ready to play this weekend in the championship?!?............but then ,i guess Real Madrid may have different views on allowing players extra time off for things such as honeymoons??

Not if the club are looking to sell, they will not risk injury.

If the club is not looking to sell then agree surely Fer is fit enough to at least be on the bench. He''s one of the best midfielders we have.

I''m sure there will be those who say Johnson & Tettey are fit and cover the midfield but I''m sticking to my thoughts.

Just a little frustrated with the club at present, down grading to adjust to the championship even though the promise was to keep the better players and give it a go.

If I was being totally cynical I would say that Adams was the only manager to accept that players had to be culled to drop the wages and the budget would be very challenging.

I''m in a very negative mood this week so, was so positive going into this season....one of our own as Manager, good back room, kept most of our squad and thinking we would push on.....but now I think as said wages to be cut and so players left out of the squad as Adams will only play those who will be here come 1st September.

Hopefully I might get out of bed in a better mood than I have had this week.