Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City presser - Adams on Pilks, Redmond and Fer

Our Paddy reports...Adams hoping to get ''1 or 2 potential signings moving next week.'' but no interest in #lcfc striker woodAdams confirms Pilks in advanced talks with #ccfc. Stresses not triggered by the player''s post-#wwfc tweets.On that front #ncfc boss draws a line under that matter. Spoken to the player, calls it a ''misunderstanding'' was fit for sunday.Pilks was ''down the pecking order''. Bids for Redmond, none reached their valuation. Ditto Fer.

Paddy do you believe what Adams says a lot of us don''t.i wish somebody could stop pulling his strings.Just want to get playing games and getting results the Adams thing is getting on my tits

What "Adams thing"? How can these comments possibly trouble you?

He has been asked about certain players and as with all managers he has given the least amount of information as possible to avoid disadvantaging the club with any deals.

Adams would have had private conversations with all players at the end of last season to confirm whether they want to stay or go. Those not wishing to stay are being moved on, or not in the squad, such as Pilkington, Bassong, Fer etc. I assume that those in the squad are those who are happy to stay but we could still be tempted if a high offer is made, such as for Redmond.

It just seems all a bit daft for me really. Does a player really turn that rubbish pretty much overnight? Bassong was one of our best players until one mistake at Stoke and since then has barely figured. Pilks had just hit some decent form after an injury and yet has not seen the first team in ages. I''d understand if we had players that had been performing that replaced them but that hasn''t been the case. I think i''m ready to accept that we won''t be back to the premiership fora while as the staff at Norwich don''t know how to handle the big leagues and the decisions that come with them.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]the staff at Norwich don''t know how to handle the big leagues and the decisions that come with them.[/quote]Perhaps they should try some computer games Jimmy, they seem to turn out several experts on there....

But none of us know what is actually happening - just guess work.

If Bassong or Pilks said to Adams that they don''t want to be here, would you pick them if you were manager, or get rid and bring in players who want to play for Norwich? Like us, Adams is desperate to succeed so he needs players he can trust.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It just seems all a bit daft for me really. Does a player really turn that rubbish pretty much overnight? Bassong was one of our best players until one mistake at Stoke and since then has barely figured. Pilks had just hit some decent form after an injury and yet has not seen the first team in ages. I''d understand if we had players that had been performing that replaced them but that hasn''t been the case. I think i''m ready to accept that we won''t be back to the premiership fora while as the staff at Norwich don''t know how to handle the big leagues and the decisions that come with them.[/quote]

Sorry Jimmy, you have a very selective memory of last season. Bassong, at no time, was close to our POTS of the previous season. And the last part of your post is just so ludicrous.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It just seems all a bit daft for me really. Does a player really turn that rubbish pretty much overnight? Bassong was one of our best players until one mistake at Stoke and since then has barely figured. Pilks had just hit some decent form after an injury and yet has not seen the first team in ages. I''d understand if we had players that had been performing that replaced them but that hasn''t been the case. I think i''m ready to accept that we won''t be back to the premiership fora while as the staff at Norwich don''t know how to handle the big leagues and the decisions that come with them.[/quote]

personally I had hope for us to be back by November, Xmas at the latestbut I am becoming resigned to accepting that May looks the likely target................ even then it may be August before we play another PL gamehard to take really

''re Fer. As I see it NA has said he is still playing catch up and his fitness will be monitored before seeing if he will be involved. Last week NA said Fer was chomping at the bit to be involved. In the absence of Howson again and Hooper can I suggest after Sunday''s performance that Fer has to play a part even if not fully 100 %.

So, Fer isn''t fit enough, Hooper and Howson aren''t ready to come back from injury yet, Pilkington is off elsewhere, but at least Gary O Neill is fit..... Woohoo.... That is what I call a depressing presser....

So between the lines Pilks is not required and poor comunication between manager & players.

Fer & Redmond are available if tge price which club value these players are met......so we do have to sell then. What happened to no player has to be sold. Why did Adams just say the players are not for sale?

Not everything is rosy and the club control players will be leaving once the valuation is met!

Not great but that''s my take on his statement.

You are simply looking for the negative in everything Norwich City. What makes you think there is no communication between manager and players?

The club correctly said that no players need to be sold, i.e. the club can manage financially in this league, even with the reduced income. However, if a player wants to leave, isn''t wanted by the management, or the club receives a very high offer for a player, then of course players may move on. This is the case for every club.

Not negative at all.....just pointing out that Adams & Pilks didn''t communicate or the embarresment of this week.

There comes a point where a player wants to leave the yes agree but also we need to make sure cover is in before we let them go!

Just looking at the down side as we don''t have too much to cheer about at the mo.

Fingers crossed for better players in at CB & RB and now another left winger please.

No problem - just 99% of this message board is based on guessing, mainly as the club cannot actually give us the facts that we all want as this could impact on deals going through.

Just heard,and sorry if this is repeating something,that Pilks is moving to Cardiff on a one year loan with £2m signing option at end of loan.

Unbelievable if true but confirms he is wanted out at any cost

He is wanted out, or he wants out?

If I was Adams and a player said to me that he didn''t want to play for Norwich then I would also be keen to get him out and away from the dressing room ASAP, bringing in payers who actually want to play for the club.

I am not saying this is the case as none of us know, but why do so many on here assume that a player leaving is down to something being wrong with the club, or poor management, when this may not be the case?

True MM, but from all the media and other actions it appears that Pilks does want to play.

It''s like Hughton didn''t play him a lot and now Adams doesn''t rate him........But after playing an aweful midfield of lieghtweights against Wolves, I question Adams choices. If he thinks Surman a better option left than Pilks then it''s sad.

Still if Fer & O''Neil start in the middle with Redmond & Bennett on the wings against Watford we might just control the game.....play that wolves system and players and we will lose IMO.

Fair comment but a year''s loan with an option to buy for £2m .....with his injury record. If true other than saving wages what are we gaining and he could come back in a year''s time

I really, really, really wish Adams would stop with this "nothing that meets our valuation" line.

It makes it quite clear that if people up their bids we are open to doing business. He''s is almost inviting people to come back in with higher bids. he and Mcnally need to regain sight of the fact that they will be judged this season on whether we get promoted back to the premier league and not whether they manage to squeeze and extra £3 million out of Stoke and QPR for Redmond and Fer whilst we continue to languish in the championship.

Just say they are not for sale or refuse to answer further questions on the matter.

[quote user="canarycop"]Fair comment but a year''s loan with an option to buy for £2m .....with his injury record. If true other than saving wages what are we gaining and he could come back in a year''s time[/quote]

How does this work?

I thought pilks was in his last year? So surely he can just sign for free next summer?

What have I missed, surely he will be sold this summer not loaned.

FFS Jim, its all about money my man, time to wake up.

We are a footy Club/ business, if you cant handle that then you might as well walk away.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]F*ck Pilkington, he''s injured or useless anyway.Stop whining, you fannies.[/quote]Huzzarse[Y]

[quote user="Jenkins"]FFS Jim, its all about money my man, time to wake up.

We are a footy Club/ business, if you cant handle that then you might as well walk away.[/quote]

I can handle it but the main aim of our footy club/business in the next 12 months is promotion, not to make as much money as possible from flogging our best players. The "nobody has met our valuation line" is inviting people to bid for our players rather than deterring them. There is a difference between reluctantly accepting an offer you can''t refuse and encouraging suitors to up their bids for our players.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jenkins"]FFS Jim, its all about money my man, time to wake up.

We are a footy Club/ business, if you cant handle that then you might as well walk away.[/quote]

I can handle it but the main aim of our footy club/business in the next 12 months is promotion, not to make as much money as possible from flogging our best players. The "nobody has met our valuation line" is inviting people to bid for our players rather than deterring them. There is a difference between reluctantly accepting an offer you can''t refuse and encouraging suitors to up their bids for our players.[/quote]dear meand you don''t think that agents and other clubs ARE NOT already aware of all thisthey don''t know what his wages are, what the club is asking, what release contracts and how much for etcit beggars believe how some folk imagine football is ran !

Jim my man, we are a relegated team, we have a new manager, players are going to want to jump ship, NA is going to want to build his new squad. Now then, why would we not want to maximise the income from our sales?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jenkins"]FFS Jim, its all about money my man, time to wake up.

I can handle it but the main aim of our footy club/business in the next 12 months is promotion, not to make as much money as possible from flogging our best players. The "nobody has met our valuation line" is inviting people to bid for our players rather than deterring them. There is a difference between reluctantly accepting an offer you can''t refuse and encouraging suitors to up their bids for our players.[/quote]dear meand you don''t think that agents and other clubs ARE NOT already aware of all thisthey don''t know what his wages are, what the club is asking, what release contracts and how much for etcit beggars believe how some folk imagine football is ran !

[/quote]

The club should not be asking anything if its true we don''t need to sell. Simple as that.