Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Best away derby memory?

Apart from the 5-1 demolition which is pretty obvious what are your highlights from the derby at portaloo road?

Mine is 2--0 both by Bellamy in ''98 - was a cracking game on a Tuesday night. One issue was policing not like now, we had all sorts thrown at us on the way back to the station.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Can''t remember any of em, always too pissed. [+o(]
[/quote]

Didn''t realise you drank as I''ve never seen you at the bar. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]Can''t remember any of em, always too pissed. [+o(]

[/quote]

Didn''t realise you drank as I''ve never seen you at the bar. [;)][/quote]

You''re too busy whingeing ''n wailing ''n whining ''n whimpering to notice! [<:o)]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Without a doubt, Martin O''Neill last minute free kick to win 3-2 back in 1982. PANDEMONIUM in the away pen.[/quote]

Remember it well crabby and if memory serves me well Peter Mendham scored the other two.

32 years ago......Jeeezzuuss !

easter 1978quite a ''rowdy'' time in the churchman''s end, with it''s train sleepers for terraceschucked out once and simply paid to get back in againfun on the way in, during the game and a bit of boisterousness in the bus park after, and on the way homehappy days

certainly remember the worst......after the Gunn/Ullathorne air kick at he end of the match when their filthy scum inaded the pitch and assualted our players and then congregated on the pitch below us taunting us for 15 minutes ,undeterred by police or stewards...think I unloaded every possible item on my person and around me that may have passed as a "missile" at the b*stards on the pitch that day?

a disgracful epsiode which the then "football league chairman" Sheepshanks managed to succesfully sweep under the carpet to avoid any punishment for his club

best?.....1-5 will never be topped.....but Leon''s double for "top of the league at portman road" was damn good

OP, I may be pedantic and it''s a long time ago now but I''m pretty sure it was 1-0? It was the first game at that stinking dump since we lost 5-0.

As I recall it, Eric Fuglestad bombed off down the left, crossed and Bellars headed home on the near post. As I said, it''s a long time ago but, like you, apart from the 1-5 it''s right up there.

There was a good old ''set to'' at the station, just as you expect and want with Plod doing their very best to look absolutely clueless. Again.

A particular point of amusement was a young lad being handed a socket set to undo some seats to throw, thoughtful and well planned!

1967. Tommy Bryceland going over to take a corner at 0-0 with 90 minutes up and gently kicking the ball over the line for a goal-kick to waste time.