Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

transfer budget this season ?

I wonder how much we have to spend this year ? at the moment with Snodgrass fee we haven''t spent any money I know oneil etc wages come out the pot but I would of thought if we really wanted to get up this year we should have a kitty of approx. 15 million to spend or has it now got to a point where they don''t want to spend any money so we either break even or make a profit with out investing money ????

yes but what I am saying is all the signings so far have been covered by the snodgrass transfer fee talking fees here not wages so how much or can we afford to spend or are we just going to spend the money we get in from players ? I would of thought with the premiership payments and 2 years in premier we can afford to spend 15 million extra to what we receive ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I would of thought with the premiership payments and 2 years in premier we can afford to spend 15 million extra to what we receive ?[/quote]In the last published accounts, football expenditure was just under £60m. Last season it would have been more.Even allowing for reduced contracts due to relegation, the fact is....our income is halved, down to c.£50m.Can you explain to us where this "15 million extra" is going to come from?

I will never try to say that I understand football finances but I do understand management. The team needs a lift. The whole club needs a lift and a few marquee signings could help a lot to get rid of the bad feeling with some fans. On Sunday it looked to me like the players were in the same frame of mind as last year. Let''s get the players who don''t want to be here out now and bring in some hunger. Something to lift the place. Quick wingers and solid defenders are what we need pronto.

We have had to look down the back of the sofa for our transfer budget, a high up source in the club tells me the running toatal is £25M, a couple of polo mints, three pens and a ball of fluff, you can believe what you like but I have no reason to make this up.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="norfolkngood"]I would of thought with the premiership payments and 2 years in premier we can afford to spend 15 million extra to what we receive ?[/quote]In the last published accounts, football expenditure was just under £60m. Last season it would have been more.Even allowing for reduced contracts due to relegation, the fact is....our income is halved, down to c.£50m.Can you explain to us where this "15 million extra" is going to come from?

[/quote]

That is such a sorry tale, so if things are so bad Lappin we should sell all the 1st team squad to keep our heads above water. How other clubs are run and make money must be all lies.

If all fans were non-ambitious like you we deserve to be in League 1.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="norfolkngood"]I would of thought with the premiership payments and 2 years in premier we can afford to spend 15 million extra to what we receive ?[/quote]In the last published accounts, football expenditure was just under £60m. Last season it would have been more.Even allowing for reduced contracts due to relegation, the fact is....our income is halved, down to c.£50m.Can you explain to us where this "15 million extra" is going to come from?

[/quote]

That is such a sorry tale, so if things are so bad Lappin we should sell all the 1st team squad to keep our heads above water. How other clubs are run and make money must be all lies.

If all fans were non-ambitious like you we deserve to be in League 1.[/quote]Try answering these questions....1. Where did anybody suggest ''the 1st team squad'' should be sold?2. Which clubs are you referring to when you say they ''make money''?3. Where did I say I was ''non-ambitious''?Or is this more of your anti-club waffle, just like your lie about a player bumping into Adams this morning?

"That is such a sorry tale, so if things are so bad Lappin we should sell

all the 1st team squad to keep our heads above water. How other clubs

are run and make money must be all lies.

"
blimey, we are being lectured to by a binner - from a club that is now nearly £100m in debt, cannot afford even one transfer fee and cannot even fund a Cat 1 academy eitehrbut nevermind, up pops another dimwit with this gem

"I would of thought with the premiership payments and 2 years in

premier we can afford to spend 15 million extra to what we receive ?

"so what would your reaction have been were we to have been told that we are not spending some of our money in the PL but are saving in for when we get relegated ................. so we can have some money to help us get back into the PL !

dear me

[quote user="alartz"]Where does our money go?????????[/quote]On a more serious note alartz, why so many ?????????''s?If you''ve got a seriously shaky hand, I''m sure you can put it to better use than posting on here. [:D]

[quote user="Canaries north"]I will never try to say that I understand football finances but I do understand management. The team needs a lift. The whole club needs a lift and a few marquee signings could help a lot to get rid of the bad feeling with some fans. On Sunday it looked to me like the players were in the same frame of mind as last year. Let''s get the players who don''t want to be here out now and bring in some hunger. Something to lift the place. Quick wingers and solid defenders are what we need pronto.[/quote]

MARQUEE is a tent. The word you, and many others mean to use is "MARQUE" '' in case you have not noticed we are now in the championship. The chances of attracting one, let alone your few, marque(e) players is infitesima.l

[quote user="alartz"]Similar to the chase era

Where does our money go?????????

Is the cook grabbing back her £20 million or so??[/quote]as wiz has told usdelia has been stealing the moneyand in such a way that not even the rest of the board, the club secretary or even the auditors have noticed

or it could be that you are yet another sad binner envious of our wealthy club

I apologise for th marque spelling. I am not saying messi and co but players that make a statement in the league we are in. It would not only lift the place but give some of the players something to think about. A few in my mind take their place in the 11 for granted.

[quote user="Canaries north"]I apologise for th marque spelling. I am not saying messi and co but players that make a statement in the league we are in. It would not only lift the place but give some of the players something to think about. A few in my mind take their place in the 11 for granted.[/quote]perhaps you could remind us how many of these kind of ''statement'' players we signed when were last in the Championshipand what happened to the club that season

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]You do not need a transfer budget once you have installed a yes man puppet , its all about selling.[/quote]

Walters, Wickham and now Cresswellall stuffed in Evans back pocket

ps why not remind us how much you have spent so far bin boy ?

[quote user="City1st"]"That is such a sorry tale, so if things are so bad Lappin we should sell

"
blimey, we are being lectured to by a binner - from a club that is now nearly £100m in debt, cannot afford even one transfer fee and cannot even fund a Cat 1 academy eitehrbut nevermind, up pops another dimwit with this gem

"so what would your reaction have been were we to have been told that we are not spending some of our money in the PL but are saving in for when we get relegated ................. so we can have some money to help us get back into the PL !

dear me[/quote]

You don''t how far out you are City 1st, where will you be Saturday at 1-30pm, where do you sit in the ground?

[quote user="City1st"]"That is such a sorry tale, so if things are so bad Lappin we should sell

"

dear me[/quote]

You don''t how far out you are City 1st, where will you be Saturday at 1-30pm, where do you sit in the ground?

I don''t know city 1st how much the club made over the 3 years we were in the premiership but if were are at a point now when we go into a season with nothing to spend but what we make that is pi$$ poor I picked 15 million out of the air but we must spend to compete in this league out of the money we earn does it all go on wages running costs etc ? I would have thought at the start of the season and every season a manager has a transfer kitty is 15 million that high ?

"I don''t know city 1st how much the club made over the 3 years"made ?the accounts will tell you how much we recieved up to 2013, and likewise how much we spent ... and, I should imagine, the following season ''13/14 would be pretty much the samethis idea that we somehow hoarded money that we could have used in the PL to spent in the championship is lunacyas is the belief that acquiring players is simply a matter of some supposed transfer fee

I am only here to discuss not argue so with our income this year what ever that might be at the start of the season they the board must have set a budget on transfers / wages

they must of said we can spend x on wages this year and that leaves y to spend on transfers you can move x and y about but the total spend must be z

that must have been set so all I asked was what is the club willing to spend within a budget ?

or are the club are saying there is nothing left after wages and costs etc we must sell to buy and generate your own transfer kitty

I don''t know the answer haven''t seen the accounts or know facts but my opinion is we have to spend money to get some quality in