Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Pilkington to Cardiff

He''s not really seemed like part of our set up for a long time, a lot of wages off the payrole and a large ego out of the changing room.

I expect to see someone better coming in.

[quote user="Jenkins"]He''s not really seemed like part of our set up for a long time, a lot of wages off the payrole and a large ego out of the changing room.

I expect to see someone better coming in.[/quote]

For £1M?

[quote user="Wiz"]

Game rule 1.

Never sell to a rival.

[/quote]

Sell to a rival if it makes you better and them worse like when Chelsea sold David Luiz to PSG.

Sell to a rival if it makes you better and them worse like when Chelsea sold David Luiz to PSG.

And get €50M for him.!!!!!! fantastic business by Chelsea.

If we can''t sell to a rival who could we have sold him to?

He would not get a move to the Prem and surely would not have moved down a league.

Stupid piece of business making one of our competitors to go up stronger. This could really backfire if he propels them back up and we linger on.

I''ve heard he will be out for three months after getting a papercut signing the contract. Can''t name my source.....

whilst hes a bit of a sick note hes the only player weve got (apart from maybe olsson) that resembles something close to a left footed left winger

OGS will know him from his Man u schoolboy days, so may feel he ''can get the best out of him''....good luck with that Ole.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Good business IMO - showed v little last year the times he was fit and did seem to have issues - and I have been a huge fan. He''s in the last year of contract and with a poor recent record, perhaps it is best for both parties. It is certainly not one of our key players leaving, you need to be much more reliable to be classed as that.[/quote]

Agree with this.

'' Tony the Show Pony ''. Like many wingers looked the business occasionally but he couldn''t be a*sed more often than not.

Won''t be missed.

>It could be argued that Snodgrass was more than seven times more influential than Pilkington for us last season, so £1m for him is a good feeAnd, as others have said; it''s not just about the fee. You''ve got to take wages into account.If the move frees up some cash to sign a couple of better defenders or a decent midfielder than otherwise we could afford, then it''s very good business in fact.

If you think 1.1M or whatever is good business for someone who was our best player 2 years ago and was interesting Liverpool etc then you are either David McNally, Clueless Adams or having been partaking of that excellent offer last night (was it called Purple Krush or something?)

Militant - our best player two years ago wasn''t Pilks, but even if he was, it is like comparing apples and pears to look at him then and now. He was either injured or awful most of last season, you can''t dine out on having a decent season for ever, and he is in the last year of his contract, and for me he went from being an important player to one we won''t miss.

[quote user="militantcanary"]>It could be argued that Snodgrass was more than seven times more influential than Pilkington for us last season, so £1m for him is a good feeAnd, as others have said; it''s not just about the fee. You''ve got to take wages into account.If the move frees up some cash to sign a couple of better defenders or a decent midfielder than otherwise we could afford, then it''s very good business in fact.

If you think 1.1M or whatever is good business for someone who was our best player 2 years ago and was interesting Liverpool etc then you are either David McNally, Clueless Adams or having been partaking of that excellent offer last night (was it called Purple Krush or something?)[/quote]

A player also coming into the peak of his career at the age of 26.

This is madness if we let him go. I don''t like how Adams isn''t giving players like Pilkington and becchio a chance to show what they can do.

That''s why I''d prefer a new manger from outside the club. Give everyone a clean slate and start again with a talented squad. I don''t trust Adams judgment. This could massively back fire.

]Militant - our best player two years ago wasn''t Pilks, but even if he was, it is like comparing apples and pears to look at him then and now. He was either injured or awful most of last season, you can''t dine out on having a decent season for ever, and he is in the last year of his contract, and for me he went from being an important player to one we won''t miss.

Yet in the same period has got 6 caps for Ireland, says he is fully fit for the 1st time in a bit and is way better than Redmond on his day. This is a very poor piece of business end of and is such a poor fee that we probably need another sale to finance a good replacement.

This if true is a dreadful decision. One of the better players in the squad, a talented and versatile winger now being sold to a rival. Does not bode well for the Adams regime.

With his hipster beard and public lavatory style tattoos, Pilkington was always screaming "me, me, me" like a Beckham wanabee. Not a bad decision to cut our losses, but the way the club is haemorraging money on transfers needs to be addressed.

I am not sure this was good for our hopes of promotion.

Pilks at least knew where the goal was - after his first Man U away game.

I''d rather we''d sold Redmond, who doesn''t know where the goal is most of the time.

City are threatening to make me bi-polar - how else can I explain my rapid mood swing on Sunday afternoon?

so we''ve sold the only winger at the club who can use his left foot, we''ve sold him to a rival club, we''ve sold him for a little over £1m....well neil and mcnally; I haven''t seen such incompetence for a long while.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Disruptive, bad attitude, constantly injured, one of the higher earners. Cheers Cardiff.[/quote]This.He''s out of contract in the summer - take the cash, cut the wage bill, bring in someone younger and hungrier. Or give Josh Murphy more football. Yes Pilks has a lot of talent, but he''s shown next to nothing in the last couple of years. We do, however, need to sign a genuinely left-footed winger now.

younger and hungrier he''s only 26 for god sake thats the prime of most footballers. I don''t remember too many people saying he''s done nothing when he scored the winner against Manure.

i''m not sure how you can call him disruptive when he clearly wants to play and the manager makes a load of BS about him being injured.