Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Pilkington to Cardiff

I''m really not happy about this.

Pilkington is one of our best players on his day. he is not injured as much as people seem to think (possibly due to Adams continually saying he''s injured when he hasn''t been). Yes he could go missing from games at times but most of our best wins and moments over the last two seasons have seen him involved in some way, shape or form.

A new manager coming in should have been putting his arm around the likes of Pilks and bringing him back into the fold because he''s a player who at championship level has the ability to be outstanding. instead Adams has deliberately sidelined him and now he is being sold to one of our promotion rivals. they get stronger and we get weaker in one fell swoop.

I am really trying hard to be positive but it just feels to me that things are falling apart, we have a puppet manager who has no real control over matters and probably a queue of other players who may be eyeing the exit door.

Good. That explains why he wasn''t in the squad for wolves. He''s injury prone and doesn''t have a great attitude. And don''t think this has happened since the tweet as the press are making out. It will have been in the pipeline for a while. Transfer window is going to start moving for us now.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Good. That explains why he wasn''t in the squad for wolves. He''s injury prone and doesn''t have a great attitude. And don''t think this has happened since the tweet as the press are making out. It will have been in the pipeline for a while. Transfer window is going to start moving for us now.[/quote]Got a lot more to do with upsetting the "Boss" by telling the truth and calling him a liar .

If only we had a yardstick to judge whether this is a good or bad deal or move. The trouble is we haven''t, as we''ve seen precious little of Pilkington over the last eighteen months. I''m afraid he''s another of those ''sicknote'' types of which we''ve had more than our fair share over the years.Undoubtedly on his day, when he''s fit, and his attitude is right, and he''s played in his best role, he can be devastating. Unfortunately you can count the occasions where all those boxes have been ticked on the fingers of one hand in his time here.I''m assuming he''s on a tidy wage, so overall, under the circumstances, best to get rid. Really not bothered that it''s to Cardiff, frankly.

His injury record is not that bad.

Played something like 35 games for us the season before last and 23 last season befiore his absence at the end of the season, Even then Pilks has said he wasn''t injured even though Adams said he was, something that seems to have repeated itself this week. the fact he was fit to play for Ireland immediately after the end of the season seems to support Pilks view.

This is appallingly bad business in my opinion. wingers who score half a dozen goals a season at premier league level usually go for massive fees. £1 million is pathetic.

A fit Pilks is a fantastic player and at this level will look good.

Given a choice of Pilks or Surman then I know who I would like to keep.

Another 1 million in the coffers.

If true what do we have left now! Redmond who has been linked to Stoke, Bennett who looked appaling against wolves and the Murphy boys.....looking a tad light for wingers if Pilks goes.

Reports that he''s gone for approx. £1m - seems a bit cheap but then he''s done very little for us in the last couple of years and his can''t be ar5ed display away at Southampton last year was one of the most pathetic I''ve seen in a city shirt. More worried about how he looks and growing stupid beards than getting stuck in.

Bolton were looking for a loan. We need RB could we have swapped Pilks for Fabio. Not such a good idea methinks.

RE Pilks salary came out of !st div from Huddersfield when City first in Prem would have a relegation clause deffof. But if Pilks on more than £20k in Prem highly unlikely.

Adams needed to do more to keep AP happy one of our better prospects.

[quote user="skeps"]1m this club is a joke.[/quote]It''s all relative, skeps.It could be argued that Snodgrass was more than seven times more influential than Pilkington for us last season, so £1m for him is a good fee.And, as others have said; it''s not just about the fee. You''ve got to take wages into account.If the move frees up some cash to sign a couple of better defenders or a decent midfielder than otherwise we could afford, then it''s very good business in fact.

But the same can be aimed at E Bennett, but for some reason he has become a fans favourite!

I am one of the few fans who does not rate Bennett and without Pilks & Snodders what do we have left wide?

That being always injured and can''t be ar5ed......E Bennett.

[quote user="Indy"]But the same can be aimed at E Bennett, but for some reason he has become a fans favourite!

I am one of the few fans who does not rate Bennett and without Pilks & Snodders what do we have left wide?[/quote]

Elliot Bennet was out with one major injury (cruciate) not a long line of niggles and hamstring strains - I think Bennett will be a key player for us this season once he gets another few games under his belt

Bennett started here with an injury when he came from Brighton if I remember correctly. The best position I have seen Bennett play is right back!

Still we will see over the comming months but Bennett & Surman are two players who I don''t rate too high.

Thats just my opinion, though, niether have ever consistantly been top notch.

Good business IMO - showed v little last year the times he was fit and did seem to have issues - and I have been a huge fan. He''s in the last year of contract and with a poor recent record, perhaps it is best for both parties. It is certainly not one of our key players leaving, you need to be much more reliable to be classed as that.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="General Melchett"]Good. That explains why he wasn''t in the squad for wolves. He''s injury prone and doesn''t have a great attitude. And don''t think this has happened since the tweet as the press are making out. It will have been in the pipeline for a while. Transfer window is going to start moving for us now.[/quote]Got a lot more to do with upsetting the "Boss" by telling the truth and calling him a liar .[/quote]

Adams didn''t say he was injured.

“We have one or two niggles and Anthony himself did not train on Friday.

Perhaps Pilkinton was in Cardiff on Friday or given leave from training to discuss a move. Adams can''t say that in case it doesn''t happen, it''s a no win situation for him.

You''d be mad to let Pilks go for 1m if he was the same player he was year and half ago. But IMO he hasn''t even shown glimpses of that player for a long time. I think this is another you can see reasons for selling, we took up a years option and have then made a million. Of course if Cardiff can get him back to where he was our club is going to look pretty daft.

I´m not so sure this proposed sale has much to do with Pilks´ injury record, or what he can or can´t do on the pitch for us.

I think it has more to do with his attitude, and I suspect he may be a bit of a trouble maker in the squad. Adams will be quick to move on people he thinks may undermine him as boss, and Pilks may well be such a person (only a guess, of course).

But we have seen his attitude on the pitch sometimes, and I can easily see him having an attitude problem.

On his day he is brilliant. But his "on-days" are few and far between, and he has a reputation for being a bit of a moaner. Add to it his proven injury record, and I can understand why Adams may want to move him on, even to one of our likely promotion rivals.

Would like to see him move elsewhere than to another Championship promotion candidate though, but I don''t think any Premiership would see any value in Pilks, with his injury record.

I really dont think we should lose any sleep over this one....sure I can remember at best a hand full of decent performances, often an embarrassing lack of effort and something to do with a puncture on his Range Rover.....um...and......seems to have a bad attitude and hasnt the balls to fight for a place in the team on merit...........good bye.......

Cardiff City have signed wide-man Anthony Pilkington from Norwich for a fee believed to be just over £1m.

The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international appears to have been in dispute with Canaries boss Neil Adams after he was left out of the squad which lost to Wolves on Sunday, with Adams suggesting the player was unfit.

Pilkington, though, took to social media insisting that was not the case.

Ship out the bad apples, they either want to be here or not. Every manager needs to build their own team, some players will come some will go, that''s football.