Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Who's providing Adams with consultancy now, then?

In creating the role of a "football consultant", the club''s hierarchy appeared to be tacitly accepting Adams needs help in finding his way as a professional manager.Joe Royle came, and six weeks later Joe Royle went - so who is the "wise old owl" that Adams can turn to now?  Has the football board, however it is constructed, decided that no senior experience is needed after all? Or are we just soldiering on, fingers crossed, hoping for the best and that Adams can find his way without guidance?(I note that Luke Skywalker needed Obi-Wan Kenobi to destroy the Death Star, as just one illustration of how a senior figure is helpful as a source of counsel.)

People are looking at this way too simplistically. Personally I would love to have at my work someone else at my level or even slightly more senior that I can occasionally bounce ideas off... that doesn''t mean I "need" that person nor am I rubbish at my job since I don''t have that.I''m sure Adams and the board are looking at this in the same way. Royle at the time was available, so having him around was probably viewed as a bonus... now he''s not available, they probably think there''s no-one else like Royle (i.e. who has a lot of history with Adams) and also they don''t really "need" someone.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"](I note that Luke Skywalker needed Obi-Wan Kenobi to destroy the Death Star, as just one illustration of how a senior figure is helpful as a source of counsel.)[/quote]You may have solved our problems at a stroke:Chewbacca as Sweeper.  Yoda as playmaker.  Jabba the Hutt in goal.  Darth Vader as target man.  Leia on cheerleading duty.Emperor Palpatine as Manager.We''d win the Champions League the season after next.

If you want a stick to beat the club with bor just say the pies are s4it, it has about as much relevance as this post and you still get a little nega-boner.