Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Getting annoyed at peoples' attitude

I''ll clarify immediately that I''m neither particularly pro-Adams or against.

But I''m an ncfc supporter who wants to see whoever sits in the hot seat be successful. Almost 30 years of supportIng us, throughout which history during that time tells me we have spent 15% of these seasons getting relegated, 12% getting promoted / 45% playing in the top flight, 48% in the Championship / utter highs (Milk Cup, 3 top flight top 5 finishes, Europe, Play-Off Final, Lambert successive promotions, 3 seasons in PL in an era far far away from that of 87-95.

I''m rambling. But what that says to me is that ncfc offer a mixed bag. Plenty of ups, plenty of downs. Lots of entertainment in the sense that we never really know what to expect. Up one minute, down the next. Peaks and troughs anyone? (That''s always been my favourite phrase to describe ncfc for about the last 20 years!). That''s what we do, and it will never change unless some Sheikh decides to pay us a visit.

What we do now have is a platform like no other to vent our views every minute of every day. Right or wrong, we all believe our opinion is that magic solution that will solve all problems that exist.

For me, as a supporter group, we seem to be turning into a bunch of jumped up prima donnas, who think we are better than what we are - spoilt brats if you like. Everything we accused supporters of other clubs being just a few years ago (ah, they think THEY have a right to be in the PL, haha). And damned if we don''t get what we want, we will shout even louder. No doubt the same at the majority of other clubs, but this attitude for me is not helpful in the slightest.

To log onto this site and see so many questions about Adams having to go etc, my god how ludicrous is that?! I know, let''s chop and change managers every other game. Of course, that will work, because I said so, hey?

As I said at the beginning, I have no particular feeling either way to Adams, but the guy is in the middle of sorting through a relegated squad, with all the different situations that go with it. Many of which we may not be so aware of, financial issues, contract issues and the like.

Adams has not finished at all yet, and we may have to wait until mid Sept until we can be sure of our squad for the season (remember the Champ emergency loan market opens a week after deadline day).

My post is hardly going to make a difference but feel I need to get this off my chest. Would love some good healthy debate but there just seems to be far too much dummy spitting, childish attitudes that is making this site a turn off for me.

Maybe I just secretly pine for the days again where the evening news falls through my parents door each night and I scramble downstairs to check up on who we may have signed. Either that or a cheeky quick dial up of club call without my dad cottoning on as to why his phone bill was a bit high -(44p here and there surely wouldn''t have stuck out?!).

Is the internet message boards a good thing? In some ways yes, but when we as a supporter group need to have a bit more of a commonsense and measured approach, I''m afraid I''m getting a bit disillusioned. And before anyone mentions, that does not mean I''m an accepting happy clapper, as some would like to put it. What I do is try to see the bigger picture and think how the current challenges would be best dealt with.

I certainly have a moan when I feel it''s right to but there are times when you have to patient in my eyes.

Yes, Sundays match was poor, there''s no getting away from that, but to call for the removal of a manager after his 1st full time match, that a narrow 1-0 away defeat, well I just beggar believe as to where we as a supporter group are going.

There, I''ve said it. Otbc

[quote user="Robin Hood canary"]OP is truly bizarre won''t say any more than that[/quote]

Making the op''s point in just 10 words. Well said flexibly. Like you I am totally disillusioned with this site

[quote user="Robin Hood canary"]OP is truly bizarre won''t say any more than that[/quote]

Making the op''s point in just 10 words. Well said flecky. Like you I am totally disillusioned with this site

I''m a scientist, so maybe its easier for me.

The fact is we don''t have enough evidence to make a decision yet.

Frankly, stupid people jump to conclusions because they don''t have the intelligence to reason any other way.

They panic, they wet their pants.

You also have the insane clamour of some fans to be "The one that was first to say we were doomed" pathetic one-upmanship, putting their own opinion ahead of the success of the club. As selfish an act as you are likely to see.

Lovely injection of reality from a proper fan.

Well said.

It wont make any difference to this board of course but it does make a link to the real world, where fortunately most of us still live, an experience which is rarely evident here.

To be fair Morty , it had been getting quite a bit better on here until Sunday .

A lot less of the personal attacks, and some reasoned arguments .

Emotion does get the better of some people, but as in life , if some would make the effort to lead by example , it does encourage a more balanced debate ,,, or debate itself !

I personally think that it''s not so much the over emotional posts which spoil a forum , but the attitude of posters who make no effort to contribute an opinion .

Well said Flecky76.

I only occasionally post. I do read the board every day and I''m amazed at some of the cr@p that gets said.

Adams needs time.....but if we keep losing, I''m afraid he''ll be out. It''s just how long we give him?

Just need that first win on Saturday and we''ll all feel better!

OTBC

Top post, agree with every word.

Wouldn''t it be nice to log in and have a good heated debate about football now and again.

Well said

So we are already at the stage where anyone who is concerned about the situation is either ''stupid'' or not a ''proper supporter.'' A couple of things...

1- Last season a few people on here insisted on telling us all would be fine and referring to anyone who disagreed as a ''pant wetter'' despite a season of pretty horrific results and performances punctuated by the occasional skin saving victory ending in relegation.

2- We''ve not had one game to judge Adams on, we''ve had 6. While he obviously had a very tough situation with the first 5 I didn''t see anything in those to convince me he was the man long term to put in charge and was extremely underwhelmed by his appointment this summer.

In an ideal world I want Adams to succeed but the early signs (not just one game) make that seem unlikely. It is difficult to escape the feeling that this season is going to be similar to the last ''post relegation'' season with an underwhelming mid-table finish at best. While I''ve always supported the board it is starting to seem a little bit like we are doing things on the cheap and I think this is going to bite us on the arse.

This doesn''t make me stupid or not a proper supporter.

I''m not saying sack him now. We have to give him time now he is in place. My opinion is that we should have gone for someone with more experience. A name that could attract people to this club. No disrespect to Adams but when learning a trade you normally start at the bottom. Yes he has qualifications but as I''m sure a lot of us have seen in our working lives having the qualifications does not always mean you can do the job. Also he managed the youth team. Yes some experience but still a different kettle of fish. I

I think someone from outside the club with a bit of a name would have been given a lot more time by the fans. I don''t believe anyone on here hates Adams but a lot of us think he was the wrong choice.

Great OP

We are undoubtedly in a slump period at the moment and so it''s fair that there should be some negativity around but some of the histrionics spouted by some posters on here is just ridiculous. The short sightedness of some people is bizzare - calling for Adams'' head after just one championship game WTF?

It''s not a case of embracing the lil ol Norwich syndrome, but some people need to realise that we are never going to be a team that maintains Premiership status every season. I know it''s a cliché but supporting Norwich is a rollercoaster ride with as many downs as ups.

IMO the problem we have on the board right now is that there are a lot of people on here who started supporting us when we were on the up, gaining back to back promotions and then having a good first season in the Premiership. These people expected this to be the status quo but now that we are in a decline people are frustrated and have started directing their frustration at other posters. Some of the one-upmanship that is happening at the moment I''ve not witnessed since nursery school it''s embarrassing! Having the odd snipe at a troll like Waveney is fine (and I believe a lot is taken in good spirit by both parties) but actively hunting posters down from post to post is a bit OTT.

I don''t expect a big hippy love-in or anything but some of the keyboard warrior vitriol spouted on here is just nasty.

The premier league ruined some fans brains

Being on FIFA, picking your players in premier league dream team, the exposure.

It turns some brains to mush.

Thing is there are plenty of us who are annoyed at the attitude of people who think he should be given time, if he turns out to be no good we''ve squandered the best chance we had of going back up quickly. He shouldn''t have been given the job in such an important season, it wasn''t just the loss of the first game in the championship, there were the 5 before that too,all of them littered with strange if not plain stupid tactics or team selections. We acted quickly last time we were in this position, when we got rid of gunn, we needed to after a stupid appointment last time, and we do again.

It seems that there is a lot of bull being talked from the club at the moment in talking about not having to sell players, the norwich way, attacking football, fringe players not being frozen out, buying better players to replace players leaving.

All of it is PR rubbish trying to win fans over to make it look like a better appointment than it was, we''ll actions speak louder than words and there hasn''t been a lot to be optimistic about. I cannot believe that some people are so accepting of the situation

As we traditionally in recent years nearly always lose the opening day fixture without fail, I''m not concerned whatsoever - especially as we were looking in the ascendancy just prior to Olsson leaving the field. Was always going to be tough thereafter and especially away from home. Over the course of the next week we will have a clearer picture of how we''ll fare over the coming season I feel. If we are going to do well then I''d expect us to win our next 2 home games against Watford and Blackburn - if we don''t then maybe then I will feel the doubt creeping in. So am not worried yet.

On another note, if Leroy Fer is not involved on Saturday, our most technically gifted midfielder IMO, then that''ll be a very clear sign he''s off I feel (barring genuine injury in training this week). The only reason I now hold out hope of keeping him is because of Adams recent comments on his enthusiasm to get back involved - if that''s the truth then that bodes well for us.

[quote user="morty"]This place became an internet version of canary call a long time ago.[/quote]I agree with the sentiment Morty but this site is far, far worse than Canary Call!Agree with most of what you say OP but let''s not be blind to the fact that there are also some very good posters on here as well. I couldn''t name them all but people like Ricardo, Parma Ham, Purple and many others usually have something interesting to say.I suppose it''s like the internet in general - an awful lot of rubbish but some really good bits too. It''s still worth it for the good bits, but oh for a block button - wouldn''t it be great to be able to block posts from some of the "usual suspects," so you could just listen to the majority who have genuine intentions and something interesting to say.I do worry sometimes that players might visit this site and think that it is in anyway representative of the fan base in general!

The premier league ruined some fans brains

Being on FIFA, picking your players in premier league dream team, the exposure.

It turns some brains to mush. So the last two years of dire shite didn''t take place then. All happened while I played on the Xbox fool

It seems to me that, since the defeat against West Brom last season, us canary fans have had precious little to be happy about.

The sacking of Hughton was a delight but the timing of the event was bizarre.

The entire footballing world told us just that and the fact that Neil Adams failed to bring anything to the party confirmed their disbelief.

During his temporary spell Neil Adams failed to do so many single things to convince anybody of his credentials for the job that most of the support were, if not in arms about his appointment, very disappointed and underwhelmed.

The signings of Grabban and then Lafferty were sound enough to raise hopes that a new dawn of positivity had arrived and many of us shifted towards the pro-Adams camp.

On going disputes with certain players were considered a norm as we received such positive reports that all was happy in the camp and Neil, satiated our need for belief in the project by praising publically each and all of his players that were in need of this.

That first Championship encounter against Wolves was as if our entire hopes for a successful campaign under this man were tossed over a very steep cliff by poor team selection, tactics and by players who, frankly, seemed a bit clueless. One shot on target against a newly promoted L1. team speaks volumes about the thoroughly inadequate preparation for this very important first encounter in our new environment. Frustration was in abundance --- has martin Olsson ever before looked like a sending off, referee assaulting individual?

I did not approve of the Adams appointment. hardly anything has happened since to change my mind.

Another Gunn? A cheap option A boardroom puppet? An inexperienced duffer? A confrontational character in the Roeder mould? A loser?

WHO KNOWS? We''ve had precious little to contradict a whiffing of any of those, after all.

Of cause he needs a fair crack at the whip, but another winless games on Saturday and he will be beginning to pile those up to unacceptable proportions, IMO.

Pant wetters? Nonsense ... peruse the facts.

We desperately need a victory on Saturday to restore the faith. It is all downhill at the moment.

]I''ll clarify immediately that I''m neither par

But I''m an ncfc supporter who wants to see whoever sits in the hot seat be successful. Almost 30 years of supportIng us, throughout which history during that time tells me we have spent 15% of these seasons getting relegated, 12% getting promoted / 45% playing in the top flight, 48% in the Championship / utter highs (Milk Cup, 3 top flight top 5 finishes, Europe, Play-Off Final, Lambert successive promotions, 3 seasons in PL in an era far far away from that of 87-95.

I''m rambling. But what that says to me is that ncfc offer a mixed bag. Plenty of ups, plenty of downs. Lots of entertainment in the sense that we never really know what to expect. Up one minute, down the next. Peaks and troughs anyone? (That''s always been my favourite phrase to describe ncfc for about the last 20 years!). That''s what we do, and it will never change unless some Sheikh decides to pay us a visit.

What we do now have is a platform like no other to vent our views every minute of every day. Right or wrong, we all believe our opinion is that magic solution that will solve all problems that exist.

For me, as a supporter group, we seem to be turning into a bunch of jumped up prima donnas, who think we are better than what we are - spoilt brats if you like. Everything we accused supporters of other clubs being just a few years ago (ah, they think THEY have a right to be in the PL, haha). And damned if we don''t get what we want, we will shout even louder. No doubt the same at the majority of other clubs, but this attitude for me is not helpful in the slightest.

To log onto this site and see so many questions about Adams having to go etc, my god how ludicrous is that?! I know, let''s chop and change managers every other game. Of course, that will work, because I said so, hey?

As I said at the beginning, I have no particular feeling either way to Adams, but the guy is in the middle of sorting through a relegated squad, with all the different situations that go with it. Many of which we may not be so aware of, financial issues, contract issues and the like.

Adams has not finished at all yet, and we may have to wait until mid Sept until we can be sure of our squad for the season (remember the Champ emergency loan market opens a week after deadline day).

My post is hardly going to make a difference but feel I need to get this off my chest. Would love some good healthy debate but there just seems to be far too much dummy spitting, childish attitudes that is making this site a turn off for me.

Maybe I just secretly pine for the days again where the evening news falls through my parents door each night and I scramble downstairs to check up on who we may have signed. Either that or a cheeky quick dial up of club call without my dad cottoning on as to why his phone bill was a bit high -(44p here and there surely wouldn''t have stuck out?!).

Is the internet message boards a good thing? In some ways yes, but when we as a supporter group need to have a bit more of a commonsense and measured approach, I''m afraid I''m getting a bit disillusioned. And before anyone mentions, that does not mean I''m an accepting happy clapper, as some would like to put it. What I do is try to see the bigger picture and think how the current challenges would be best dealt with.

I certainly have a moan when I feel it''s right to but there are times when you have to patient in my eyes.

Yes, Sundays match was poor, there''s no getting away from that, but to call for the removal of a manager after his 1st full time match, that a narrow 1-0 away defeat, well I just beggar believe as to where we as a supporter group are going.

There, I''ve said it. Otbc

I think that you would be absolutely right to say don''t panic if we were in the Premier League as we would only aspire to 40-45 points per season. In this league we are expecting 75 points plus so a bad start could leave us with too much to make up. That is why we sacked Gunn after 1 game and why Adams will be in massive trouble if we don''t win either of our next 2 home games, its simple mathematics

Didn''t Pulis lose to us in his first proper game in charge?

Had we won handily and comments were overly positive, would the op be as annoyed? I can''t be bothered to read a thesis on this, so a simple "yes, because" rather than the essay I won''t read.

I suspect a "no".

Why would anyone be annoyed if people were being positive about a win? Unless they were some sort of irritating semi-literate Internet troll?