CB Bennett

LB Garrido

CM Tettey

CM O''Neill (if not suspended still)

Winger - Redmond

Support Striker - Grabban

Winger - Murphy

Striker- Lafferty.

Support striker oler basically means Grabban is a fox outside the box, using his pace to pin the defence deeper and switch it wider for Redmond and Murphy.

This shoould scare the Hell out of Watford and hopefully create a bit of space in between their midfield and strikers to take them out of the game and allow the 2 midfielders to try and get a hold on the game.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Garrido

Grabban  O''Neil Tettey Surman Redmond                     Lafferty451, as Lafferty is good at leading the line or 433, with Grabban and Redmond further forward.  Works either way.

Ruddy

Martin

Bennett

Turner

Garrido

Johnson/Tettey

Redmond

O''Neill/Fer

Howson

Lafferty

Grabban/Hooper

I think O''Neill had a straight red so won''t be available just yet and do not know if Fer is fit yet. If neither are available It will have to be Johnson and Tettey.

Grabban would have to play the wide man in the front two but I would pick Hooper if he is fit and play it as a two man attack.

I can''t make up my mind about Johnson or Tettey. I like Bradders and don''t understand the bile directed towards him. But Tettey did look more energetic when he came on.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Ruddy

Martin

Bennett

Turner

Garrido

Johnson/Tettey

Redmond

O''Neill/Fer

Howson

Lafferty

Grabban/Hooper

I think O''Neill had a straight red so won''t be available just yet and do not know if Fer is fit yet. If neither are available It will have to be Johnson and Tettey.

Grabban would have to play the wide man in the front two but I would pick Hooper if he is fit and play it as a two man attack.

I can''t make up my mind about Johnson or Tettey. I like Bradders and don''t understand the bile directed towards him. But Tettey did look more energetic when he came on.[/quote]

We have already had sound bites from Adams to confirm that the club sought conformation that O''Neil was to serve a one match suspension for a professional foul. Three game bans are doled out for violent conduct, so there is an element of discretion when a straight red is shown, it is either 1 or 3 games, in this case 1

Assuming Fer and Hooper arent up to it.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey O''Neil

Bennett Hoolahan Redmond

Lafferty

or drop E Bennett and put Redmond there and Pilkington on the left.

Have our supporters been brainwashed by the current and previous manager? Because it''s amazing how many of them seem to have forgotten or just don''t realise that a fit Anthony Pilkington is by far and away the best winger at this club. When a player who can use both feet, beat a defender, create and score goals doesn''t even make the bench. Yet nonentiys like Surman and Bennett, and all pace and zero end product Nathan Redmond walk into the team you know you''re manager isn''t the brightest spark.

I have to agree with Wiz.....if we go a goal behind this squad don''t have the fight or leaders to drag us back into a game.

But I would start with....

Ruddy,

Martin, Bennett, Turner, Garrido

Redmond, Fer, Tettey, Murphy

Hooper, Laffs.

Streight 4-4-2 with pace on the wing and Laffs up top.

We need to forget the diamond. Leave it in the past. It clearly did not work yesterday. We had no width but were outnumbered in the middle of midfield. We had no options for the man on the ball and the full backs were painfully exposed.

For me we need to play a simple but fluid 442. You can do it in this division no problem. Proper width, bite in midfield, strikers where they should be, crosses, chances, goals.

Oh and play players in their actual position.

Ruddy

Martin RB

Garrido LB

Bennett CB

Turner CB

Tettey CM

Howson CM

Redmond LW

Bennett RW

Lafferty CF

Grabban CF

But then what do I know.

I''m torn between 442 with 2 wingers supplying crosses for Lafferty....

Ruddy

Redmond Tettey Fer Pilkington

Hooper Lafferty

or,

playing through Hoolahan

Ruddy

Tettey Fer

Hoolahan

Grabban Lafferty Redmond

...we must however have the right personnel on the benchto switch between them if necessary...and that includes Pilkington if we go for the latter.

what simply cannot happen again is us fielding as lightweight a midfield as we did yesterday or playing a winger down the middle as a striker...

---Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Garrido

E.Bennett O''Neill Fer Pilkington

-----Lafferty-- Grabban

Pilks and Fer are head and shoulders amongst our best players PLAY THEM ADAMS

If I was picking the team (not knowing what''s going on behind closed doors):

Ruddy

Martin. Turner. Bassong. Garrido

Fer. Tettey

Grabban. Hoolahan. Redmond

Lafferty

Nothing on this post for a few days so let''s kick it off again.

Nobody new coming in until at least next week so what would your starting 11 be. Mine is

Ruddy

Bennett Tettey Fer Redmond

Lafferty Grabban

Subs

Hoolahan Johnson Murphy Whittaker Surman ONeill Rudd

Highlights lack of forward and defensive cover though

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Garrido

Tettey/Fer (O''Neill)

Redmond Lafferty (Hoolahan) Surman

Grabban

4-2-3-1 changing to 4-4-2 if necessary

RuddyBennet R   Turner   Bassong   Garrido       Tettey    O`Neil   Johnson         Grabban    Lafferty    Redmond/Bennet EHave a feeling that Watford are going to come through the middleWould play Bassong, need to get him in to the team now, early season to see if he is up for it or not.

Ruddy

Redmond Tetty Fer Surman

Grabban Lafferty

Subs:

Rudd Whittaker Johnson Bennett Murphy Hoolahan Loza

I would try either

Ruddy

Martin turner Bennett

E Bennett. Garrido

Johnson. O''neill

Wes

Lafferty. Grabbon

Or

Ruddy

Martin. Turner. Bennett. Garrido

Johnson. O''neill

Wes

E Bennett. Grabbon

Lafferty

--------------------Ruddy---------------------

Martin-----Bennett----Turner----Garrido

---------------Fer-------Tettey----------------

Bennett-------Hoolahan-------Redmond

-----------------Grabban---------------------

grabban will not get goals from the wing. he has to play up front or it was pointless buying him

4231 for me. Use pace in the three and Lafferty as a foil or wall to bring them into play. I expect martin And shift to start but my 11 is

Ruddy

Martin Bennett turner garrido

Tettey. O''Neil

Grabban. Wessi. Redmond

Lafferty

Sub. Rudd shift ebennett bj Murphy loza hooper

I''d quite like to see:

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Turner, Garrido

Bennett, Fer (Or Surman), Johnson, Redmond

Grabban, Lafferty.

to the poster who had Bennett, Redmond, Hoolahan, Grabban and Lafferty all their line up. Do you think we''re Real Madrid or Barcelona? In fact not sure even they play that many attacking players. I don''t know how difficult it is for some people to understand the diamond isn''t played with wingers. At a push Bennett can do one of the CM positions, but its not his natural place. Redmond no way on earth. Diamond suits Surman really well, Howson or Fer would probably work pretty well too. But a diamond with Bennett, Redmond and Hoolahan is just asking for trouble.

Im not saying you all know better than Neil Adams but i think its funny that only 1 team contained Whittaker at RB. He must look like Danny Alves in training. I really hope tomorrow Nartin is put back in at right back & Bennett comes in to the back 4.

Ruddy  Whittaker    Martin   Turner    Garrido                     Tettey   Johnson         Bennett     Redmond    Grabban                           Lafferty

Against Vydra and Deeney, we can''t let their wide players get forward so 2 DMs it is.

Ruddy

Martin. Bennett Turner. Whittaker

Tettey. O''Neill

Grabban. Hoolahan. Redmond

Lafferty