Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wot no criticism of Ollson

Looked like MO knew exactly what he was doing in pushing that joker of a referee, if he gets 3 match ban even more unlikely he will get the move he''s looking for. Hope he gets extra training during suspension looks rather porky.

He was obviously frustrated at the lack of consistency, but I''m not convinced he deliberately got himself banned?

First foul wasn`t a foul he won the ball fairly so wasn`t a booking, ref then gave himself no choice but to have to send him off after he made a mistake with the first booking.

I was fuming so i can imagine just how Olsson felt !!!

I thought he looked a little overweight and grumpy, but I''m not in a position to throw stones in that particular greenhouse.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]First foul wasn`t a foul he won the ball fairly so wasn`t a booking, ref then gave himself no choice but to have to send him off after he made a mistake with the first booking.

I was fuming so i can imagine just how Olsson felt !!![/quote]

He''s supposed to be a professional. If he or any other player throws a wobbly every time he gets booked then we really are in for trouble this season. As a professional he should accept the booking and ensure that he does not get booked again in the same game. He failed and really must take some blame for us going down to 10 men.  To then push the referee is doubly unprofessional and sadly he deserves whatever punishment is meted out, within reason.

Can i ask Paul if you thought the first booking was indeed a good tackle or a booking?

We can`t just keep excusing crap refereeing or it won`t ever get any better

probably doesnt want to play in the championship in a team run by a youth team coach

he looked pished off/frustrated after the first couple of weighty tackles started coming in

I will critisize if you wantHe cost us the game with his sending off and may cost us more games now with extra suspensions...he was stupid

[quote user="city4eva"]I will critisize if you wantHe cost us the game with his sending off and may cost us more games now with extra suspensions...he was stupid[/quote]we would have lost it anyway

I was surprised by his behaviour throughout the game actually. He seemed to be getting in a few petty arguments with the linesman and generally came across as belligerent. Struck me as unsettled. Then, of course, the second yellow..

As Adams rightly pointed olssson decision was poor. Being on a yellow card already, justified or not ,it was always a sending off of fence. And the subsequent ban for a petulant push is as inevitable.

I doubt we would have lost without going down to10 men so his poor decision cost us dear and has set in motion a monumental meltdown in city fans ever since

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Can i ask Paul if you thought the first booking was indeed a good tackle or a booking?

We can`t just keep excusing crap refereeing or it won`t ever get any better[/quote]He had another bad challenge before the one he was booked for. The referee was accounting for that IMO which he is entitled to do as it is regarded as persistent fouling ,so Olsson couldn''t really complain. At least Olsson won''t be available to be sent off in the next game because his attitude worries me.

He looked to be putting little effort into his game and brought the club into disrepute. Perhaps time to cash in?

None of them looked fit - Olsson will get 5 games overall but in all honesty don''t think he''ll play for Norwich again

Inconsistent anyway

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]First foul wasn`t a foul he won the ball fairly so wasn`t a booking, ref then gave himself no choice but to have to send him off after he made a mistake with the first booking. I was fuming so i can imagine just how Olsson felt !!![/quote]

He''s supposed to be a professional. If he or any other player throws a wobbly every time he gets booked then we really are in for trouble this season. As a professional he should accept the booking and ensure that he does not get booked again in the same game. He failed and really must take some blame for us going down to 10 men.  To then push the referee is doubly unprofessional and sadly he deserves whatever punishment is meted out, within reason.
[/quote]

I couldn''t see Surman giving him much help down that flank. So its not all his fault.

We played the diamond formation which inevitably leaves the full backs exposed, drop the diamond go 4-4-2

[quote user="Yobocop"]We played the diamond formation which inevitably leaves the full backs exposed, drop the diamond go 4-4-2[/quote]
no one plays 4-4-2 anymore