Sign in to follow this  
Koreacanary

5 Big mistakes that Neil Adams has made so far.

"Koreacanary"]1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending off.

Martin Olsson recieved two bookings for holding back players who would''ve gone on and scored. He took two for the team, Adams just said that the red cost us the game and that he''d speak to him. That would really annoy me if I was Martin.

OLSSON PUSHED THE REF WHICH IS A BIG NO NO. ADAMS DID SAY THAT 1ST BOOKING WAS UNLUCKY. CAN''T SEE WHAT MORE ADAMS COULD HAVE DONE IN SITUATION

2. Froze out Pilkington and then sold him for chump change to our rivals.

1m is derisory for a premier league starter who scored goals at that level, one of our best players and he''s been forced out for reasons that don''t appear to be anything other than a personality clash. Fair enough if Adams doesn''t like him but we should have got more than 1m and it doesn''t make sense to sell him to our rivals either.

FEE IS NEARER �2M AND YOU DON;T KNOW WHAQT WENT ON BEHIND THE SCENES. PILKS MAY HAVE WANTED OUT AND MAY HAVE BEEN A BAD APPLE.

3. Lied about RVW

Told everyone that he wanted Ricky to stay, that was clearly a lie. Has frustrated supporters and created mistrust.

I THINK ITS CALLED COVERING ALL EVENTUALITIES. YES HE DIDN''T WANT RVW AND IT WAS OBVIOUS A MOVE AWAY WAS NEEDED BUT IN CASE IT DIDN''T HAPPEN ADAMS MADE SURE RVW WOULD FEEL WANTED WHICH WOULD HAVE GOT MORE OUT OF THE PLAYER

4. Dithered in the transfer market

Has bought players to fill an an area that was the least in need of strengthening and doesn''t appear to be doing anything about areas that are in the greatest need of strengthening.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

WE MAY HAVE HAD BIDS TURNED DOWN. LOOKING AT OUR APPALLING GOALS FOR RECORD LAST SEASON I THINK IT WAS OBVIOUS WE NEEDED NEW STRIKERS HENCE THE REASON WHY WE''VE SIGNED 2!

5. Plays Nathan Redmond out of position

Some people on here don''t like Redmond but he is very highly regarded by the England set up and a number of premier league clubs. He is a winger and he is one of the best in the country at his age, he is not a striker. It is also amazing to me that a manager would sign two strikers in the summer with Becchio, RVW and Hooper still there and THEN play a midfielder up front.

I AGREE ON THIS ONE. REDMONDS A RIGHT WINGER AND THATS HIS BEST POSITION BY FAR BUT FOR MORE THAN HALF HIS NORWICH APPEARANCES HE HASN''T PLAYED THERE.

Some of these errors are bigger than others but these reasons demonstrate why you don''t hire radio commentators as managers.

1 OUT OF 5 OF YOUR ACCUSATIONS AGAINST ADAMS ARE SPOT ON TRUE, THE OTHERS TRYING TO FIND ANYTHING TO USE A STICK TO HIT THE CLUB WITH!

AND LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN, ADAMS GOT A LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS MEDAL WITH EVERTON, HAD A LONG CAREER OF WHICH MANY OF HIS APPEARANCES WERE IN THE TOP FLIGHT, HAS BEEN COACHING FOR A WHILE NOW CULMINATING IN WINNING FA YOUTH CUP A WHILEBACK. HAS EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR CLUB!

WHILE I DIDN''T WANT HIM AS MANAGER, HIS CREDENTIALS ARE BETTER THAN MOST!

Don''t talk s4it all your life pineapple - buh

Empty meaningless insult without an example to base it on.I clearly stated your idiocy without resorting to name calling or accusations.

You can''t do that.

Ergo, you are the one talking s4it. Moron.

Buh - I can''t look into the future, it''s amazing to me that you don''t get your posts removed when all you seem to do is resort to insults instead of making any kind of argument against what anyone says.

I still stand by what I''ve said;

With regard to Olsson IMO his foul on the halfway line stopped a counter attack that we were hopelessly exposed for and the second one looked ominous too.

Even if you think those cards were justified, I think you should back your players 100%. NA may have done that now but like I say I can''t look into the future.

2. Pilkington didn''t do well under Hughton but there was a new chance for him under Adams, it still doesn''t make sense to sell him to our rivals and for that fee aswell. I appreciate that DM has a big role in transfers but this would have gone through NA too.

3. He shouldn''t have told people he wanted RVW to stay if he was going to sell him anyway, if the club wanted him to stay they didn''t try very hard. I don''t see what we gain by being lied to about this.

4. I agree the window still has time to go, but I would''ve thought that if Bassong isn''t going to play for us again we would''ve made getting a CB a priority, I know things are kept under wraps a lot of the time but where are the transfer bids? Why is it so quiet? Maybe that''s not Adam''s fault but it was different under other managers.

5. Think most people agree with this one.

The radio commentator comment is a bit cheap I''ll admit but for me that was what he wanted to do when he finished playing, I appreciate he did well with the youth team but if he wanted to be our manager he should have gone down to the lower leagues and worked his way up, this is a position for experienced, successful managers.

The only people that agree with you are canary calling pig farmers.

Well done on getting the "yokel" vote of confidence pal.

Your last post you go back on all 5 points you made, way to stand by your opinions, bucko.

Not at all pal, I''ll make fun of you "arable" types all day.

Your response to me stating there was an article, and still is incidently, where Neil Adams backs Olsson and urges him to learn from is mistake was a bizzare rant about time zones.

Is it a good harvest this year, Mr Giles?

Repetition does not prove a thesis.

1. Olsson''s first booking was a result of the referee being overly lenient up until that point and deciding to tighten the game. A little unlucky, but Olsson was well off the pace of the game.

2. Pilkington wanted to leave

3. Until transfers are complete, football etiquette is that all doors are kept open. This is pragmatic and often ensures that final chapters are far friendlier than much of the preceding story.

4. Norwich did good early business when they held the cards. We are now lower links in a house chain largely controlled by others.

5. Redmond - what having potential - is a tactical liability playing wide. One of Norwich''s great recent failings is a lack of deeper players going beyond the striker with pace. Achieving this will destroy champ teams. Grabban possibly do this, though given the weakness of Redmond''s crossing and decision making, a Walcott-esque deeper, floating central role would be a winning weapon...if he can learn it.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]

One of Norwich''s great recent failings is a lack of deeper players going beyond the striker with pace. Achieving this will destroy champ teams. .[/quote]

Agree completely with this. we need to get more players forward. its completely not about having 2 strikers but having midfielders who can defend yet also get beyond the striker (s) In grabban, bennett & redmond we have the players who can do that.

Its why I prefer 4231 with lafferty (grabban) on point with wes, pulling the strings and movement and runs ( from bennett, redmond, grabban murphy, howson, fer,surman, olsson, martin etc beyond lafferty teh key. Pace makes it even harder to defend against, but tempo and movement is key.

I would add to 5 that Redmond can still make poor options, run and lose the ball, shoot wildly et al from a central position. The key difference is that this is far less likely to cause us a structural tactical problem and does not leave us vulnerable to 2D counterattack overloads.

Critically it also means that his "mistakes" can actually cause structural problems for the opposition, rather than us. Running at defenders and losing it around the D, is de-facto good and may allow for another striker to shoot or pick 2nd ball. Wild shooting from a central position can lead to ricochets, own goals and accidental assists in a way that shots from wider (and typically slightly further out) tend not to.

Running at defenders from a central position a little deeper creates positional and communication problems for the defending side. Is it a midfielder or defender picking him up, the left centre or right centre? Who is leaving the striker to challenge him? This action often leads to panicky fouls and free kicks. An excellent source of goals.

Redmond can retain all his faults and still achieve the above benefits for the team, with almost no negatives.

This is not true playing him from a wide position.

Your response to me stating there was an article, and still is incidently, where Neil Adams backs Olsson and urges him to learn from is mistake was a bizzare rant about time zones.

Is it a good harvest this year, Mr Giles? - Buhng

Your disdain for farming is odd. Norfolk accent-themed name but hates farmers. Hypocrite. Farmers make everything else possible, dimwit.

The rant about time zones was pointing out the idiocy and incorrectness of your challenge on Koreacanary. Either you''re too stupid to understand why it was an unfair attack on him, or just as likely too stubborn to clear your drug-addled mind and look at it with your emotions turned off, you know, the way big boys who wear long pants do.