Sign in to follow this  
Koreacanary

5 Big mistakes that Neil Adams has made so far.

1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending off.

Martin Olsson recieved two bookings for holding back players who would''ve gone on and scored. He took two for the team, Adams just said that the red cost us the game and that he''d speak to him. That would really annoy me if I was Martin.

2. Froze out Pilkington and then sold him for chump change to our rivals.

1m is derisory for a premier league starter who scored goals at that level, one of our best players and he''s been forced out for reasons that don''t appear to be anything other than a personality clash. Fair enough if Adams doesn''t like him but we should have got more than 1m and it doesn''t make sense to sell him to our rivals either.

3. Lied about RVW

Told everyone that he wanted Ricky to stay, that was clearly a lie. Has frustrated supporters and created mistrust.

4. Dithered in the transfer market

Has bought players to fill an an area that was the least in need of strengthening and doesn''t appear to be doing anything about areas that are in the greatest need of strengthening.

5. Plays Nathan Redmond out of position

Some people on here don''t like Redmond but he is very highly regarded by the England set up and a number of premier league clubs. He is a winger and he is one of the best in the country at his age, he is not a striker. It is also amazing to me that a manager would sign two strikers in the summer with Becchio, RVW and Hooper still there and THEN play a midfielder up front.

Some of these errors are bigger than others but these reasons demonstrate why you don''t hire radio commentators as managers.

Yawn

Must seem so simple from Korea "Adams oot buh"

Why don''t you go and read some more blogs and pretend you''ve got a handle on things

Ok

Every point you''ve made above is either false or a blatant lie based on no evidence whatsoever

If you printed it in a newspaper, the club could rightfully sue you for libel.

Congratulations!

"Told everyone that he wanted Ricky to stay, that was clearly a lie."

Defamation of character

[quote user="Wiz"]1.  Applying for the job.[/quote]To everything, turn, turn, turn...[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker - thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he

doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts

work, he starts today and he knows his tactics

backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]

[quote user="Buh"]Yawn

Must seem so simple from Korea "Adams oot buh"

Why don''t you go and read some more blogs and pretend you''ve got a handle on things[/quote]

Another meaningless reply from the playground toy car pusher.

1 - you don''t back Olsson for getting two booking he didn''t take one for the team, those players were not running through directly on goal. Olsson was having a bad game and even if they had of scored we''d have been ar more likely to get back into the ame with 11 men.

2 - Pilkington has looked out of sorts for awhile. Time will tell whether he can get back to where he was two years ago. Adams obviously thinks he can''t and he see''s him at much closer quarters than we do. Jury out on this one although I would have preferred he didn''t sell to rival but maybe they were the only. Es in for him.

3- RVW set noises that he wanted to stay to be fair how difficult would it have been for him had there been a big media thing about how he wanted out, then no move materialised. The priority for the club is getting the best deal for players not letting fans know what''s happening.

4- we needed strikers, the current group were inaffectual. Yes we need strengthening in other areas and if we don''t have another CB in before the close of the window I''ll be worried but we''ve hardly been left behind deals wise compared to other clubs.

5- I agree Redmond looked poor through the middle. I guess Adams is trying to find a position for him. Despite his natural talent he can''t pick when to shoot or when to cross, maybe playing him through the middle was an attempt to give him more focus. But agree it didn''t work.

I hate this stupid Radio commentator nonsense, he was a professional footballer and has been a coach for awhile doing well at the level he was at. Do you classify every one who has worked in media like this?

1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending

off.

Martin Olsson recieved two bookings for

holding back players who would''ve gone on and scored. He took two for the team,

Adams just said that the red cost us the game and that he''d speak to him. That

would really annoy me if I was Martin.

Olsson received one booking for a rash

challenge on the halfway line, not for holding back a player. The implication

in Adams’ comments is that he blames the ref for an overly harsh decision when

he in fact won the ball. The ref had also shown leniency in a far worse foul on

Elliot Bennett minutes before, similar leniency was not shown to Olsson.

2. Froze out Pilkington and then sold him for

chump change to our rivals.

1m is derisory for a premier league starter

who scored goals at that level, one of our best players and he''s been forced

out for reasons that don''t appear to be anything other than a personality clash.

Fair enough if Adams doesn''t like him but we should have got more than 1m and

it doesn''t make sense to sell him to our rivals either.

Pilkington was one of our best players two

seasons ago, has made clear his intentions to leave, is often injured and

crucially only has one year remaining on his contract  meaning he could leave for free in a matter

of months. It is obvious that Pilkington is not keen on staying as Adams has

changed Hoolahan’s mind about staying. He may have gone to a rival, however

would you have rather he had gone to a rival for free?

3. Lied about RVW

Told everyone that he wanted Ricky to stay,

that was clearly a lie. Has frustrated supporters and created mistrust.

How do you know that it was not Ricky that

wanted to move? Is everything a player tweets the truth? I think not. His agent

stated that he believed his player should be playing at a higher level. I do

not believe he has lied about any of the RvW situation. Again, player wanted to

move, the club sought the best deal possible in the circumstances. It was

probably not easy to find a worthwhile deal for a striker who has not scored

for a year.

Has bought players to fill an an area that

was the least in need of strengthening and doesn''t appear to be doing anything

about areas that are in the greatest need of strengthening.

What areas are those? I assume you mean

defence? Perhaps you should consider the wider market at play. Norwich, like

all clubs will be relying on other deals to first occur before players will

move on. Many transfers take place in the final days of the window so perhaps

you should reserve judgement on transfer dealings until the window has shut,

not after one game.

Some people on here don''t like Redmond but he

is very highly regarded by the England set up and a number of premier league

clubs. He is a winger and he is one of the best in the country at his age, he

is not a striker. It is also amazing to me that a manager would sign two

strikers in the summer with Becchio, RVW and Hooper still there and THEN play a

midfielder up front.

Becchio is clearly not in plans as he wants

to leave, he will not be here at the end of the month so why play him? RvW is

no longer here as you pointed out earlier. Beyond that we were missing 5-6

players against Wolves which would have forced his thinking somewhat in the

positions of players. Indeed, he is such a good player that he should be

capable of stepping up to another role if required.

Some of these errors are bigger than others

but these reasons demonstrate why you don''t hire radio commentators as

managers. ----- What an insulting, narrow minded statement that is! Chris

Goreham is clearly not our manager – moron!

How nice of you to have bought your Adams bashing

stick out so early to show off. Clever boy.

1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending off. Probably the worst game Olsson has had for the club, then got sent off during a period that we were on top and then pushed the ref. You want our manager to back that?2. Froze out Pilkington and then sold him for chump change to our rivals. Been injured/frozen out before Adams. Last year of his contract and we''ve got a couple of million for him. If he''s so good, why isn''t he going to a Prem club?3. Lied about RVW How do we know he didn''t want him to stay? Regardless, we''ve got a great price for someone that flopped last year (note that I wanted him to stay).4. Dithered in the transfer market Huh? Who have we lost out on? Only one I can think of is Callum Wilson and that was only a rumour (and most fans would have said "who?" before the start of the season). We couldn''t score goals last season, so have got 2 strikers in. We''ve also got a new midfielder. So far we''ve only sold Snoddy (Pilks hasn''t been confirmed yet... wouldn''t be surprised if he''s failed his medical). Realistically we aren''t going to sign many without some being shipped out... if Pilks & Fer go as expected, then we''ll bring in new faces.5. Plays Nathan Redmond out of position I give you this one... playing Redmond up front is not the answer. That said, he was picked as Hooper was injured, Lafferty wasn''t 100% and Becchio has totally lost it by all accounts (was apparently rubbish in that U-21 game if you remember).

1- Not playing Bennett at centre back and Martin RB.

2- Playing that diamond.

3- Building a side and formation around a player who doesnt score or create enough.

4- Playing Surman.

5- Taking the job. Too big for him.

Korea - what a ridiculous thread. Who do you think''s calling the shots at CW precisely? Do you think it''s Adams?

Do you think it''s Adams who''s making the call on the transfer budget? Do you think he''s decided I don''t need to add to this squad so I''ll just dither? Do you think he''s decided I''ll get rid of Pikington - potentially one of our most dangerous players - if we can keep him fit?

Or do you think that perhaps McNally''s told him he wants the top earners out (e.g. RVW with presumably Fer and Pilks to follow)? And to get a fee for Pilkington whilst we still can. And that there''s no money to spend unless we get rid of X & Y.

Get real mate.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]1.  Applying for the job.[/quote]

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker - thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts work, he starts today and he knows his tactics backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]
[/quote]

As usual Chops/Bore, you''re too late, I''ve already admitted that was a bad call by me weeks ago.

But you knew this already. [:|]

1. The sending off did cost us the game, unnecessarily so. He also pushed the ref, why would any manger ''back'' a player for doing that?

2. Pilks froze himself out? - do you watch games? He was either injured or disinterested last season and wanted out. In the last year of his contract and a poor recent record c£2m (the quoted figure ''our'' side) is decent. Better than £0 in a year

3. No one lied about RvW. I think both sides would have liked to see it work out but he wanted to play at the top level and we were probably unsure about a Champs season. If anything he was telling porkies on twitter making out he was desperate to stay as I''m not sure he was. One goal in 27 games is not going to be missed, we have no idea how he''d have fared with us this season.

4. We don''t know if he has dithered, we have no way of knowing who has been looked at/how close we have come to signings - and that is the way it should be

5. Redmond can be used in several roles. Henry was a winger who switched, who''s to say Redmond won''t? I''d prefer him wide but he should be able to fit around the needs of the team, as they all should.

The point is that every argument can be spun however you want. It seems far too many are intent on looking at everything and coming up with a negative, which is just a little daft.

One of the things I like about Adams is his refreshing honesty. When he said that he would not be upset if no further players were to leave, including Pilks and Becchio, I believe him. What was he supposed to say, that he would like to get rid of RvW - that wouldn''t do much for the price we hoped to get?

Few managers are forthcoming when a player is sent off, partly because they want to view the video recording of the incident(s), and partly because they genuinely need to talk to players, including the offender.

Not sure what to make about Pilkington, but the fact that he left supposedly at a prime age suggests that like Hughton he foresaw a future of recurring injuries. I suspect, too, that Pilks had already suggested that he wanted to leave. So if he had upset his team selection and his basic strategy merely to offer a game for a player who had already asked to leave, what does that suggest?

Signing players in an area of the team that did not need strengthening is a suggestion I can''t understand. How many goals did our strikers score between them last year? I still hope that he will strengthen the defence, which certainly needs strengthening.

Playing Redmond out of position is a strange one. At the moment the player is looking like Croft Mark 2. He has pace, but there is little product in terms of good crosses, and I think that unless he can develop parts of his game He doesn''t offer much which Benno can do.

Redmond was certainly played out of position when Snodgrass was here, and both Redmond and Bennett showed that they can do little on the left wing other than cut inside. My own feeling is that Josh is much better than either on the left wing.

I respect the right of Koreacanary to hold his views, and I think that Adams has made mistakes and will almost certainly make more, but I don''t agree with the poster.

Well, I''m glad I not te only one that saw the op as a aggressively negative idiot with viewpoints that would make a Liverpool fan in the Congo look well informed.

to be fair how much has Pilks cost us in treatment over the last few years?

would anyone pay big money for someone to spend 2 seasons sitting in the physios waiting room?

I like pilks and he was one of my favourite players, but I accept the clubs decision on this

[quote user="Koreacanary"]1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending off.

Martin Olsson recieved two bookings for holding back players who would''ve gone on and scored. He took two for the team, Adams just said that the red cost us the game and that he''d speak to him. That would really annoy me if I was Martin.

1m is derisory for a premier league starter who scored goals at that level, one of our best players and he''s been forced out for reasons that don''t appear to be anything other than a personality clash. Fair enough if Adams doesn''t like him but we should have got more than 1m and it doesn''t make sense to sell him to our rivals either.

3. Lied about RVW

Told everyone that he wanted Ricky to stay, that was clearly a lie. Has frustrated supporters and created mistrust.

Has bought players to fill an an area that was the least in need of strengthening and doesn''t appear to be doing anything about areas that are in the greatest need of strengthening.

Some people on here don''t like Redmond but he is very highly regarded by the England set up and a number of premier league clubs. He is a winger and he is one of the best in the country at his age, he is not a striker. It is also amazing to me that a manager would sign two strikers in the summer with Becchio, RVW and Hooper still there and THEN play a midfielder up front.

Some of these errors are bigger than others but these reasons demonstrate why you don''t hire radio commentators as managers.[/quote]

1. Martin Olsson has been charged by the FA for assaulting a referee. You expect Adams to defend him?

2. Juries out on the Pilkington decsion for me. But even if he''s great for Cradiff, I don''t believe anyone could have kept him in Norfolk.

3. It''s called professionalism. RVW may have only scored one goal, and maybe it''s best he moves on. But RVW seems like a decent guy who has tried hard and it''s not through lack of effort.

4. We''ve hardly sold anybody, and our squad was fairly full to begin with

Well said Branston!! Couldn''t agree more.

Am I alone in thinking that the persistent trolling of a few stupid child-like individuals really lowers the standard of any serious discussion on this site?

The only mistake Adams  might make is to read some of the garbage written on here.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]1- Not playing Bennett at centre back and Martin RB.

2- Playing that diamond.

3- Building a side and formation around a player who doesnt score or create enough.

4- Playing Surman.

5- Taking the job. Too big for him.[/quote]1. Agreed. Also if Bassong is not going to come back then I feel we need to sign a CB. Martin ain''t the answer.2. Agree to an extent... we were overrun in midfield against wolves, but may work in other games. We shouldn''t just pick one formation ala Hughton and play it no matter what.3. I assume you are either referring to Redmond or Hoolihan, but can''t say after one proper game that we are building a team around anyone.4. Disagree - good at Champs level for us and last season too.5. Totally disagree - did I want Adams? Of course not. Do I blame Adams for taking the job? Of course not... if anyone offered you lots of money for a job you thought you were capable of doing (or maybe even if you thought it was beyond you) in a profession you have a lot of passion for, you simply would not say "no thanks".

[quote user="Buh"]Well, I''m glad I not te only one that saw the op as a aggressively negative idiot with viewpoints that would make a Liverpool fan in the Congo look well informed.[/quote]Be careful - he might be Kim Jong Un!

One of the top stories on the pinkun today is Neil Adams backing Martin Olsson and urging him to learn from his mistake.

Top research, as always.

Koreacanary wrote the following post at 15/08/2014 11:16 AM:

1. Didn''t back Martin Olsson over sending off.

3. Lied about RVW

Some of these errors are bigger than others but these reasons demonstrate why you don''t hire radio commentators as managers.

Subject

Are you related to Mrs Miggins?

jas the barclay king -- to be fair how much has Pilks cost us in treatment over the last few years?

Is your memory failing? Pilks played over 30 games a season for us in his first two years here.

He just struggled with injury and form last season. Not surprising given he was an attacking player and the manager was Chris Hughton.

He probably wanted out at the end of the season, so i can see why he is being sold. It is still disappointing, given his replacement, Nathan Redmond, is nowhere near as effective.

You would expect Palace to be in for Adams shortly , surely they will want to poach the best manager in Europe ? . Spot on Wiz Adams made one big mistake the same one Gunn made the head and ego got way ahead of themselves and they applied for jobs they were nowhere near good enough to do .Sooner he''s gone the better .

One of the top stories on the pinkun today is Neil Adams backing Martin Olsson and urging him to learn from his mistake.

Top research, as always. - BUH

You should make that sarcastic criticism of those attacking Koreacanary. It''s already Saturday there, so today''s Pinkun story came out the day after he put up his thread.

All those attacking him for saying Adams didn''t defend Ollsen didn''t refute that; they said "can you blame Adams for not defending obvious bad style".

It seems Koreacanary is the only one who knows a manager publicly backs his players no matter almost anything.