Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

Norwich players

Isn''t it great how we haven''t been interupted by nasty premiership teams coming in 4 our great players while our rivals are selling their best players left, right and centre just to bring in a bit of money. I think we can now safely say we are a buying club instead of a selling one.
Is it that our players aren''t as good as other teams players or is it that they offer for our players but we reject it before anyone knows about it?

I think the simple answer is -

"Norwich, where the hell''s that?? I''m not going scouting over there, it''s miles away from either the North-west or London. It can''t possibly produce have any good players. Top of the league?? No way, only West Ham, or Sunderland, or West Brom or any other recently succesful club can be top of the league, as my memory only lasts two years. I don''t mind going to Ips***h though, the BBC said it was a family club, so it must be nice".

Hmm interesting point. I think premiership clubs realise that they can''t offer peanuts for our players just cos we are a nationwide club. Unlike West Ham, they know it will have to take a large sum and a lot of persuasion to get the player away. After all, why would some of our players want to leave for the Prem if they knew they''ll be there in a couple of months with us anyway? Also, the board would be hard pushed to sell one of our stars when we are doing so wel. Imagine if we sold greeno and then fluffed promotion! There would be a riot!!

quite rightly so Dumbledelia
I would rather have green than huckerby, but buying God sent out it''s own message - We are buying - and going for the premiership, you aint'' going to stop us - So why would we sell/

We wont sell - and can''t afford to (mind if offers come in for clint easton i hope there aint ne bags in the way that could make hsi departure from the home of football a bit shorter)

Never really understood the expression a selling club, or a buying club.

ALL clubs are buying and selling clubs. In the main that is how players move about to find their appropriate level of ability.

EVERY player will move on if the terms are favourable. It has very very little to do with the club''s supposed policy.

That some clubs produce players that will go on to play at a higher level should be seen as a testament to the youth or signing policy rather than as a sign of lack of ambition or greed on the part of the club involved.

If players are not leaving City it is simply because other clubs don''t see our players as that worthwhile at the moment.

If it is written into a player''s contract that a he can leave if acertain level of offer is made then there is very little the club can do. Nor the directors either. Just simply accept the ill informed wrath of the fans until it blows over.

I think if many of us had a clue what lies behind many transfers the game might well collapse very quickly - at the professional level anyway.

I think we already understand james but, in my opinion, MasterGreen is exactly correct. As much as we sometimes want to forget it football, ultimately, is a business. That means, at a moment''s notice, if the right deal is on the table one is always both a selling and buying club. To operate any other way means a club would have blindfold on and earplugs in...not very smart.

yes, but it could also depend on the board. If none of them are ambitious then all of their home grown talents will be flogged off for a piece of p**s and won''t buy the players to replace them. That is wot i would define as a selling club.
(someone else can do the definition of a buying club!)

If we don''t get promoted this season, (heaven forbid), rest assured that we will be a "Selling Club" - it''s all a matter of economics.

i can''t see that all our hopes and dreams are rested on this one season. We won''t need to flog off our players coz we have got a good income. You can''t say that this is our only sesaon that we can keep all our good players.