Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

What is going on!!! - MKdons 0 NCFC 1

What is going on!!!

I didn''t listen to the match tonight on the radio until the last 10 mins. I checked the NCFC offical website, only to be shocked that extra time was being played at 0 - 0!

MK Dons are div1!!! We should be winning these games 3 or 4 to 0. They even missed a penalty in the first period of extra time!

I understand that its only game 5 of the season, but with the players we have in the club we shouldn''t be put in this situation. 30 seconds from the end Mckensie saved Worthys blushes, with a tap in goal from a goalkeeper mistake. Worthy comments after the game were of praise for his injury hit team. Why doesn''t worthy ever shout/get angry/show emotion more with his first team players when they under perform? These players are on more money a week than most of us earn in a year. Yet all we ever hear of is that the players are tyred or not yet match fit or  ''the team didn''t turn up until half time'' etc... These are professional athletes and should be able to play football everyday, not just 90 mins once a week. I bet most people wish they only had to perform for 90 mins a week for that sort of money. When we play badly, say that we played badly, NOT "we passed the ball well and on another day we could have been 2-3 up." YES worthy but we didn''t did we!!!

I know its all MOAN, MOAN, MOAN .....

But its not all moan ... Worthys attempt at getting Morrison, show to me that at leat we are after somebodt decent and established for a change. It very unlike NCFC to bid 2 million for a player! At least we are looking at a proven goalscorer and not somebody from the lower leagues who nobody has heard of, no matter how good he is mean''t to be!

Come on lads show us what your made of on Saturday, its only Leeds!

Lets get behind the lads and give them the confidence to shoot more!

Sing up the Barclay!!!

A win is a win whatever way you look at it.  First away win in over a season, through to the second round of the cup, things can only get better.

[quote]A win is a win whatever way you look at it. First away win in over a season, through to the second round of the cup, things can only get better.[/quote]

Scoring an ugly, solitary goal after 119 minutes against a team in the league below the one we are meant to ''walk'' is not the same as a 0-4 victory filled with great team work and creative playmaking.

The people who sat through it care that''s who. We were woeful and watched a Dons team play better football and show more creativity than us. Aside from Safri I''d find it hard to pick one of the starters who deserves much credit. The quality on display was unacceptable and yet again we failed to dominate procession and control the tempo of the game. We need to remember how to keep the ball, pass it around and then pick the defence splitting ball as opposed to this hoof and charge mentality. Our fans deserve better and it''s up to the players and management to deliver.

[quote]Scoring an ugly, solitary goal after 119 minutes against a team in the league below the one we are meant to ''walk'' is not the same as a 0-4 victory filled with great team work and creative playmaking.[/quote]

Ask the scum down the road if they would have taken that result against the mighty Yeovil!!

this post sums up a lot of ncfc fans! why do so many assume we should win every game 3 or 4-0? look how many championship teams have gone out tonight! this could be the catalyst to a good run, i hope so anyway. also it shows we can win without hux and ashton, doesnt matter who the opposition are they still have to be beaten whether its 1 or 5-0 the fact is its a WIN!

I can''t believe you said that Leon saved Worthys blushes.  From the Radio commentary it seemed the other way round - Leon was lucky Worthy gave him the whole 120 minutes to see if he could actually hit the barn door.

I presume Shackell will get equal slagging on here for giving away a penalty as Fleming did on saturday - especially given that it was sooooo blatant (saw it on Sky this morning) and only the awful penalty attempt spared Shackell, Leons and Worthys blushes.

[quote]The people who sat through it care that''s who. We were woeful and watched a Dons team play better football and show more creativity than us. Aside from Safri I''d find it hard to pick one of the starte...[/quote]

That would be me then!!!!!!!!.

I don''t think we will ever play like brazil but any one who knows about football will say if you can play c##p and still win the games where you play the other team off the park will come!!.

Did you look at other results last night there were a few shocks so yes i will take a poor performance and a win.

a missed pen as well is luck going our way at last????.

[quote]A win is a win whatever way you look at it. First away win in over a season, through to the second round of the cup, things can only get better.[/quote]

Sorry Silver Fox but I don''t agree with that.  We were out played for large parts last night to a club who only just escaped relegation to England''s bottom flight last season.  A fluke Leon goal got us out of jail but it doesn''t paper over the large cracks that are appearing in our football team.  We need one hell of a performance on Saturday

The Pinkun''s description is "mis-firing". We were missing a few normal first team players, including the two major attackers.

Having said that, and ignoring the manager''s usual anodine reasons for being contented, there is something wrong, - as testified by the posters to this and other boards, where the most common description is "sh.t".

A number of factors have come together:

1) The midfield is weak, and has been for a season or two, with all due respects to Francis. The passing midfield which the manager sees most matches seems invisible to many of us. Unless the newcomers have a lot more to produce than we have seen, and I do not mean frenetic running about, then it may be the weakest midfield for some years.

2)Pressure is building for results, having beaten no other team this summer since defeating Dereham Town! Perhaps they are trying too hard, and might do better if they could relax. I think here of the commitment which issues in mere activity that has little purpose.

3)They are not relaxed. I think that they are like a team that has absolutely no confidence. This seems even to infect Ashton, who has been below par.

4) Tactics are strange. Do they not preactice during the week the skill of running into space, and wanting the ball, and passing into that space? If our wide players, apart from Hux, are not inclined to take on and pass defenders, then passing into space is the only way to progress quickly. We used to be a team that was very quick on the break, but now we seem lumbering by comparison

I agree with DD on this, Salopian also brings sensible thoughts to the debate, The first touch and good moving into space is the key to attractive and productive football.  Good covering of defenders when they are about to challenge for the oppositions ball is non existant , hence the need for so many last ditch panic tackles causing expensive free kicks.  I still say this is a result of poor quality coaching or lack of it.

Abject display last night, Im afraid.  Far too many long aimless balls down the middle, giving possession away immediately. Very lucky to win.

We need a partner for Safri in centre midfield who is able to carry the ball and make forward runs to support the strikers- although Jarrett did finally have a promising 15 minutes last night albeit against tired opposition- and we need the full backs to be more adventurous and willing to overlap and get crosses in. Charlton was very poor last night, both going forward and also defensively was repeatedly beaten leading to variuos chances that they should have scored from. Colin is a good defender, but also looks tentative going forward.

I would like Brennan to be moved back to left back and the £2m quid spent on a quality centre midfielder.  

Was listening to Radio Norfolk, and it sounded like McKenzie should have had a least a hat-trick, and Peter Thorne had one cleared off the line.

We HAVE got the required quality in our team to do well this season, but for one reason or another, it isn''t happening yet. Compare the squad we have now to the squad we had 03/04, and it''s pretty clear to me we have one that is superior, but is hugely lacking in confidence due to the pressure of not getting the results, and the difficulties we had last season. Fans getting on the manager''s and the players'' backs and BOOING players off the pitch is not helping matters.

The lack of creative play last night was worrying, but Safri and Brennan sounded very good, and lets not forget our two biggest attacking players were out, to be replaced with someone who hasn''t yet played more than 15 minutes a game, and someone else who seems to be lacking in confidence. It''s hardly surprising that we didn''t score any in normal time, even though we had about 8 good chances to score.

Some people seem to think that because we''ve had a season in the Premiership, we are now going to be vastly superior to every team we play in our current division. This was never going to be the case. Perhaps a reality check is in order?

[quote]this post sums up a lot of ncfc fans! why do so many assume we should win every game 3 or 4-0? look how many championship teams have gone out tonight! this could be the catalyst to a good run, i hope ...[/quote]

We don''t want a team that scrapes through games against championship rivals, and is only just able to beat a league 1 team if we are hoping to be in the Premier league next year and the year after! Why is it so hard for you "win is a win" people to see that it just isn''t good enough to score the one and only goal in the last minute? If we are to have any chance of promotion to and survival in the Premiership, we have to show the class to be there, not just the luck.

It seems the whingers on here appear to believe that everything is set in stone.

As far as they are concerned the team is not going to start to gel after a half a dozen new faces sort themselves out.

We will always hit the post, miss chances and be given dodgy penalties against us. Players will not return from injury and no new signings or loanees will join the club.

That is wrong. Most things change and I believe we have the makings of a good squad, the right attitude from the board and financial clout to push for promotion.

What doesn''t change though is the endless carping, the tedious bleating about transfer rumours and those who feel that matters can be helped by booing the players.

Shame we can''t sack some of our fans. Let them head down the A140 where such behaviour is not only expected but welcome.

[quote]It seems the whingers on here appear to believe that everything is set in stone. As far as they are concerned the team is not going to start to gel after a half a dozen new faces sort themselves out...[/quote]

LMFAO!!!!

Best thing I''ve read on here in ages!

"We don''t want a team that scrapes through games against championship rivals, and is only just able to beat a league 1 team if we are hoping to be in the Premier league next year "

Too right. Give the manager 100m and I''m sure he''ll sort that out for you. In the meantime, we got relegated because we weren''t good enough to stay in the Prem. When there, we couldn''t attract the players needed to stay there (nor could Soton or Palace, clearly). So what''s your plan to attract there ''good enough for the Prem'' players to come and play in the Championship?

And, given that we didn''t even have a team that was ''just able to beat a League 1 team'' in previous years, would you not agree then that we have moved forward in recent years to where we are now?

I''m sure Chelsea fans don''t "want a team that only scrapes through games" against bottom-of-the-Prem teams. Perhaps when they sack their incompetent manager and the ''not good enough'' players we can attract some of their rejects.

And ask some Ipswich fans whether they think being "only just able to beat a League 1 team" is good enough.

Personally my glass is half full. I''m relieved we got past the banana skin of the first round of the cup and am optimistic that the team will slowly get into something like top gear. And I know that we have the players to do great things when they are in top gear. Few of them are world class, but then that''s our lot; we''re not Chelsea. If I shout and sign a bit louder on Saturday, maybe I can help make it happen. Plus, I''ve learned over the past 10 years of supporting Norwich that a) it really could be a lot worse and b) knee-jerk reactions after 1 win rarely bring about an improvement.

I think if you read the posts carefully many people are offering constructive comments for the very reason that we do have the makings of a decent (all be it small) squad, the backing of the board and the fans as well as some decent financial clout (which comes from those same fans going through the turnstiles) ..... Our points are simple:

1) The players are underperforming.

2) Tactically we are giving away too much procession to the opposition - it''s very hard to win by several clear goals when you only have the ball for 2 minutes to every 3m minutes the other team have it.

3) Mentally we are used to losing and this follows from last year - why else do you always see relegated teams from the Prem suffer and promoted teams do so well at the start of the season.

Now historically I have backed the regime but having paid my money and taken the time last night to go to that soulless town I feel happy to offer my feelings. Simply MK Dons played better football than us, their passing was crisp and their confidence seemed high. I hope in private the management have been throwing tea cups and whipping our squad up because at the moment the fans are being shortchanged. I think we have the players and management in place but they need to recognise the shortcomings in both play, mentality, tactics and yes luck ..... if we take care of the first three then the luck will take care of itself, however we can''t get stuck in this pattern - we need to have the attitude of winners and that''s part of the role of management. All these posters calling for O''Neil are right on one thing we seem to be lacking that man motivator figure ....