Sign in to follow this  
Voice of Monkey Island

A new cult hero

Great showing, popping up at both ends - he will bring so much more than any goals he scores - B Pickle

Last season''s strikers supposedly did the other things but definitely didn''t score. We need someone to do both well. If Lafferty is that man, we''re in for a great season.

Doesn''t look like much of a footballer. But if we ever build a new stand then I can imagine Lafferty turning up and being mistaken for one of the brickies!

Lafferty was brilliant. He''s got a great touch, amongst other attributes.Genuinely think having someone like him at our disposal last season in the Premier League would''ve made a difference.I don''t think he''ll score an absolute bagful of goals, but his presence, work rate and endeavour should be valuable in our promotion quest.

How we could have done with him up front last season for RVW and Hooper to play off. Great performance and looks like being a key player this season.

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Doesn''t look like much of a footballer. But if we ever build a new stand then I can imagine Lafferty turning up and being mistaken for one of the brickies![/quote]only difference would be that he would get paid if working at Carrow Road

otherwise as said a few weeks back[quote user="City1st"]there always is a need for this kind of talismanHolt

did the job superbly, sticking away goals from an almost impossible

angle, and had a good deal of ''boisterousness'' about that suggested he

wanted to win come what maywe''ve badly missed thatmissed someone who could out jump a couple of defenders and the keeper to head in... in front of the kop !someone who shoved a silly binner out of the way to bang one it in a Derbysomeone who maybe a bit of an ar sebut when he''s our ar se then that''s ok

[/quote]

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Doesn''t look like much of a footballer. But if we ever build a new stand then I can imagine Lafferty turning up and being mistaken for one of the brickies![/quote]

What utter sh1te

His touch, movement and control were all very decent as was his intelligence and bringing others into the game.

I fully admit to being unsure about his signing...but today I couldn''t fault him at all. An excellent performance.

[quote user="Voice of Monkey Island"]It''s just such a crying shame that the plastics didn''t get to see the shift he put in.[/quote]

You are either a Class A bell end or BUH'' s brother

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Doesn''t look like much of a footballer. But if we ever build a new stand then I can imagine Lafferty turning up and being mistaken for one of the brickies![/quote]I remember a player of ours, who looked like tyre-fitter...

Good game for him but no doubt Wes Hoolahan was MOM today by far.

Hoolahan is top for this league and move the ball very smart.

Lafferty must score soon as possible and pity today missed a sitter in sec half.

Seems Grabban is first choise for Adams imo.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Adnams Out"]Doesn''t look like much of a footballer. But if we ever build a new stand then I can imagine Lafferty turning up and being mistaken for one of the brickies![/quote]I remember a player of ours, who looked like tyre-fitter...[/quote]...who scored tons of goals and could produce something out of nothing. Lafferty hasn''t got much of a record anywhere and hasn''t got anywhere near the same technical skills as Holt.