Sign in to follow this  
Voice of Monkey Island

Cheerio Leroy

Every Norwich game I''ve seen Fer play in he has done a little lap to thank the fans, or come over to the away fans to applaud them.

News from west London is that QPR have given up on Fer and looking at other targets. He might still be in Norwich come 2nd Sept yet.

He is a class above pretty much any other midfielder in the league, if he can get focused and adapt to the Championship Norwich will have a massive asset.

Bethnal, I don''t often agree with everything you say but on this occassion, with your assessment of Leroy, I most certainly do!

Our best player by a mile, but too good for the sort of kick and rush game Adams aspires to. This probably means that he''ll be flogged off in order to fund the purchase of a lower league clogger.

I thought it looked like a goodbye lap but hope not as he is a class above most championship players

To me it looked like a goodbye but I did wonder if it was just his style as this was the first time I''ve seen him live since Southampton at home.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]£8m fee agreed with QPR[/quote]

Source?

Leroy has done that every game at Carrow Road. Normally with him shaking the keepers hand then applauding the Jarrold, River end then back to the Barclay. People said the same thing during the last transfer window saying it was a last farewell but forgetting his routine (or not noticing).

I''d say he''ll be here for one more game on Tuesday then going to a better club than the likes of QPR or West Ham. Far more to his game to come when played the right way, will become a big player.

Breaking news on sky sports news. £8 million accepted and medical monday. Cant see the point in him moving there!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Hackedoff"]£8m fee agreed with QPR[/quote]

Source?

[/quote]

Sky sports news

[quote user="JF"]Breaking news on sky sports news. £8 million accepted and medical monday. Cant see the point in him moving there![/quote]

why not? he will double his wages

If he was moving on...and with the score being 3-0 would they have risked him playing and potentially getting an injury there is no way.

Disappointed that this has come out like this. Don''t begrudge him the move at all, but would have thought you might as well have a great season at this level and maybe move later than walking right back into another relegation battle.

Well it is on there....http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Yes he was quality but I felt he was quiet way too often last year. To me 8 million is ok. He was too inconsistent for me personally.

• 19:35

Sky Sports sources understand that Queens Park Rangers have agreed an £8million fee with Norwich City for midfielder Leroy Fer. The Netherlands international has been regularly linked with a move to Loftus Road during the summer transfer window.

If it is true, i don''t think anyone can be too surprised.

Thought we would have held out for more but on the other hand if we had paid £8 million for him knowing what we do now i would be disappointed with his contribution.

....and with it one of the players that would have genuinely set us apart from the Championship pack departs. Crucial what we do with this money now ,spend it on 3 top class Championship level players (or lower end Premier League players) and this is good business. Do nothing with it, or more of the type of Championship grafters like O''Neil and we will simply regress into just another Championship side.

well £8m is what people have said he''s worth, so its a fair price, but i would rather keep him if i had the option.

But £8m will go towards a new striker, left winger and two defenders hopefully

Had one game for us where he looked quality and that was Southampton at home. Bang average for the rest of the season. Hopefully we reinvest the money to make the squad stronger.

I belive was better to try keep all big players at least till January and if we was no chanse for promotion then to sell them WInter window like we did with Dean Ashton.

Norwich must be having a 40% off sale if £8m is accurate. This kind of forced sale indicates that other clubs sense we''re in financial trouble?

Perhaps all of those people who thought he was average, inconsistant or poor last season can give me the name of one midfield player who would have shone in such a rigid, restrictive midfield that Leroy was being asked to play in.