Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Russell Martin after the game...

I like Russell Martin but I''m not convinced he''s a central defender. I think we need to strengthen in this position.

Well it looks like we''re going with Martin/Turner Rickyyyyy. I thought he struggled a little in the air at times against Deeny. But he''s a very strong forward. Far stronger than the last time I saw him at Walsall. It seems Russell/Turner have the shirts to lose and so far only 1 goal conceded and a clean sheet already. Time will tell!

Here''s Neil Adams interview : -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfVl-gbgKQ&feature=youtu.be

He''s a good speaker and a captain to be proud of.

We''re a side thats used to losing and turning that mentality round is the biggest job Adams has, today will be a large stride in the right direction.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 16/08/2014 9:16 PM:agree with ricardo. At this level i like him very much as a centre back

--------------------------

*meant to say ''as a right back'' ...damn edit button

You can always guarantee a good interview with Russ. Honest and well spoken.It''s not beyond the realms of possibility that in 10-12 years he could be standing in Adams'' position and managing this club potentially. I''m sure that won''t quite be in his mind yet though!

Wasnt tested much due to the sending off, but I have seen enough of Martin to know he is not captain material and certainly not a good central defender.

Move him to righback, Whitts on the bench, and Ryan B in as partner for Turner.

We need a cb with pace and who can win headers ( Turner can but he cant cover Martin all the time). Russ Martin struggles also in this league. Not good enough