Sign in to follow this  
Tommie Tippee

what kind of sad loser....

ironically you''ve just posted the thread which doesn''t mention football at all, just what kind of sad loser wants to stir things up...go figure. Is there any need for this thread apart from to receive responses directed straight at yourself?

Anyway, just back from the game, good win today, nobody has any reason to complain about the performance...if we''re talking football; the whole reason for this forum

Cheers Mrs. Been out most of the afternoon so would appreciate a round-up of the game from someone not full of it.

[quote user="Herman "]Cheers Mrs. Been out most of the afternoon so would appreciate a round-up of the game from someone not full of it. [/quote]I was there, pretty much controlled the game from the start. Hard to see what impact the red card had as coming only 1 minute in the teams haven''t settled... would it have been a different game? We will never know!all 3 goals were well taken, Grabbans particularly being my highlight.. although, and this is not to take away from any of the finishes, its not hard to see why Huerlo Gomez is a mid table championship keeper now.. his positioning is woeful!Deeney looked pretty average all game... Lloyd Dyer came on at half time and he was certainly a better player on the day, could have had himself a couple of goals and Turner did struggle to contain him a little bit.other than that John Ruddy could have left his goal and gone to Morrisons and we wouldn''t have noticed. he had little to do.Adams is off the mark, is this season defining? no...I think Watford fell apart a little bit... on to Tuesday

Cheers Jas, nice one. Was the sending off deserved. So early that i presume that it was extra dirty.

from what I saw he swung an elbow.. not entirely sure the ref saw it as it appeared to be the lino who made the decision... Redmond was treated and had cotton wool stuffed up his nose...If you swing an elbow you get sent off.... end of story.. but having said that we''ve gotten away with worse over the years!

Sure Herman. I actually didn''t really see the sending off very clearly, it was redmond who got caught (and he did get caught because he had to change his shirt, blood everywhere). Everyone round me thought it was a harsh decision except the bloke behind me who shouts abuse at all our players at all times, sometimes mildly racist, sometimes just plain stupid; my personal favourite today being; "Martin needs to get down that bl00dy wing more" ...martin played at CB today, not RB, so why he would bomb down the wing is beyond me.

Some of our passing was fantastic, very pleasing and surprising considering we had Tettey and BJ in the middle, yet we managed to spray the passes round with ease. Whittaker, played some good little passes getting us forward quite a bit (although defensively he''s still pretty poor imo and would like martin there for tougher opposition). Tettey and BJ were also good in the middle, Hoolahan was great, getting involved a lot and showing why he''ll be an important player this season, he''s not past it yet, not by a long way, he can still dictate the play and find the space, making clever runs and passes, keeping us ticking along.

In the first half, Grabban was a little disappointing, for me he needed to take more of a chance to get in the box to support Lafferty who I thought looked excellent today (worked really hard for the team and seems like he could make a bigger impact than I thought he could do at first), Grabban was often on the wing, trying to keep up with play unsuccessfully when crosses came in from the other side. However he came alive in the second half, (Adams might have said something), and scored a great goal, a chip; the same as Johnson''s to make it 2-0, Tettey getting the third; a bullet (...I think). The only real disappointment (which is silly really given that we scored 3 and played well) was Nathan Redmond. I think Redmond should start most games because he''s got the raw pace to beat his man and his deliveries aren''t as bad as everyone says (especially when compared to snodgrass for example), what I was disappointed with today was (almost) every time he got the ball, he immediately tried to have a shot. It appears perhaps that Adams has instructed him to do so because it seemed to happen near enough every time. Of course Redmond isn''t a striker, which Adams has now seen, yet hopefully this is something that was just an experiment because what Redmond does well is beating his man, ready to put a ball in the box. He was lively and always in the game, didn''t go missing like a lot of youngsters do, so I think we''ve got a real gem in our hands; the next aaron lennon possibly, he just needs to be given the time and information to develop i feel.

Anyway, as an attacking threat, we dominated the play, as you''d expect against 10 men and as the home side, yet the way we moved the ball it at times was extremely pleasing as we started to show a real confidence in what we were doing and what our intent was. After a relegation, this side needs to be given its confidence back, this early sending off may be significant in starting to find our rhythm this season.

MOTM for me was Lafferty, simply for his hard work, then Hoolahan, with Tettey not far behind. Although Blackburn will be a real test, this game and the events that unfolded within it maybe a sign of things to come. Very pleasing, good passing, movement and goals goals goals....I remember them

Sounds like one of those ''warning'' tackles defenders do. Only he ballsed it right up. Going to have to stay up till midnight to see the highlights.

"Everyone round me thought it was a harsh decision except the bloke

behind me who shouts abuse at all our players at all times, sometimes

mildly racist, sometimes just plain stupid; my personal favourite today

being; "Martin needs to get down that bl00dy wing more" ...martin played

at CB today, not RB, so why he would bomb down the wing is beyond me"

This bit cracked me up.[Y]And again, thanks guys for the reports. Good to read genuine responses.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]ironically you''ve just posted the thread which doesn''t mention football at all, just what kind of sad loser wants to stir things up...go figure. Is there any need for this thread apart from to receive responses directed straight at yourself?

Anyway, just back from the game, good win today, nobody has any reason to complain about the performance...if we''re talking football; the whole reason for this forum[/quote]

Ok Sigmund. Cheers for the respond.. happy Days n all that. Was a goo performance today and good result. Can''t see too many people gutted about that

Thanks for the report very happy today

the guy behind you Mrs sounds like the one who used to be behind me in the snakepit

Paul101 wrote the following post at 16/08/2014 9:56 PM:Thanks for the report very happy today

the guy behind you Mrs sounds like the one who used to be behind me in the snakepit

---------------------

Can you have him back. Is paying by card ok?

I was there, pretty much controlled the game from the start. Hard to see what impact the red card had as coming only 1 minute in the teams haven''t settled... would it have been a different game? We will never know!

Having only ten men for basically the whole game would definately have an adverse effect whichever way you look at it

So yes it would have been a different game.

Sadly he is still there behind my brother but iam not

well sometime when money and time allow me to upgrade the +1 seat