Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

championship much more fun

the prem may be the place to be but it is going to be fun turning up to games again  knowing we have a  chance of beating anyone, as well as a chance of being turned over by anyone... the prem was alright but once lambert left it got very predictable and a chore turning up to games,

Whilst technically you always have a chance the reality was that in the Prem it''d become pretty bloody unbearable.

Armed with an Away Season Ticket, travelling the length and breadth of the land without so much as a hope, I''d really had enough last season.

As we saw last week we aren''t going to win them all, that much is a given but at least we are on a far more level playing field away from oligarchs and Arab oil billionaires.

So yes indeed, fingers crossed of course that Nayul can indeed deliver but yes, I think most of us ned to get back to enjoying our football again.

It''s always been more fun getting there than actually being there.Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?

I enjoyed League 1it''s more about who you go to games to watch .... us or them

Given the clubs financial health and parachute wedge we are indeed right up there in terms of resource which is a new thing for us I think.

For me it''s more about not letting the football ruin my afternoon out too much, certainly didn''t today and fingers crossed for many more like it.

Loved League 1, a dirty pleasure but a pleasure none the less but just for one season of course

This league is great and the games come thick and fast. Just feel sorry for the plastics - without their precious streams they now have not the slightest connection to "their club". Still, put it that way, every cloud and all that ...

[quote user="City1st"]I enjoyed League 1it''s more about who you go to games to watch .... us or them

[/quote]Indeed but the quest has always been to get to the promised land and stay there. Some of my most cherished memories are of the old 3rd Division South but that doesn''t stop me hoping that we can establish ourselves as a solid Premier Club. I know we can never match the big seven or eight over any prolonged timescale but I believe we ought to be somewhere in the next dozen.

Typical little ol'' Norwich thread. We were an established top flight team, but now the happy-clapping plastics are content with being a mid-table chumps outfit.

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Typical little ol'' Norwich thread. We were an established top flight team, but now the happy-clapping plastics are content with being a mid-table chumps outfit.[/quote]go fu(k yourself

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]I enjoyed League 1it''s more about who you go to games to watch .... us or them

[/quote]Indeed but the quest has always been to get to the promised land and stay there. Some of my most cherished memories are of the old 3rd Division South but that doesn''t stop me hoping that we can establish ourselves as a solid Premier Club. I know we can never match the big seven or eight over any prolonged timescale but I believe we ought to be somewhere in the next dozen.[/quote]more the journey than the destinationL1 was awesome as it came after a a very low period at the club with the final humilation of relegation that was rubbed in with a 1-7 home defeat.It was much like ''71/72 as it almost came from nowhere. 15 points adrift of Leeds we could only dare to hope that our slide would not continue into L2, then perhaps the playoffs and then the momentum that took us all the way, with some memorable games of last minute winners and cracking games against Leeds and others, with a title won with ease to cap it all.Championship was again a slow start but every game meant something. Every game was full of belief and mostly fun - more so giving the paupers a deserved soanking... twice.And that is the point, those two years were fun, were enjoyable and great times to be shared at Carrow Road ... and elsewhere. If you can put aside some false sense of importance about the club then it is about enjoying the whole season, not some inflated sense of worth.

I loved it in our first season in the premiership. We had a passionate squad, a goalscorer, a team full of british players playing and beating some of the world''s best stars. It was brilliant seeing our club go up against the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal et al. A dream with Lambert in charge. Yet things change and I think this season will be interesting, hopefully i''ll be as hopeful by the end of this transfer window as I was at the start of it.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]I enjoyed League 1it''s more about who you go to games to watch .... us or them

[/quote]Indeed but the quest has always been to get to the promised land and stay there. Some of my most cherished memories are of the old 3rd Division South but that doesn''t stop me hoping that we can establish ourselves as a solid Premier Club. I know we can never match the big seven or eight over any prolonged timescale but I believe we ought to be somewhere in the next dozen.[/quote]more the journey than the destinationL1 was awesome as it came after a a very low period at the club with the final humilation of relegation that was rubbed in with a 1-7 home defeat.It was much like ''71/72 as it almost came from nowhere. 15 points adrift of Leeds we could only dare to hope that our slide would not continue into L2, then perhaps the playoffs and then the momentum that took us all the way, with some memorable games of last minute winners and cracking games against Leeds and others, with a title won with ease to cap it all.Championship was again a slow start but every game meant something. Every game was full of belief and mostly fun - more so giving the paupers a deserved soanking... twice.And that is the point, those two years were fun, were enjoyable and great times to be shared at Carrow Road ... and elsewhere. If you can put aside some false sense of importance about the club then it is about enjoying the whole season, not some inflated sense of worth.

[/quote]top post and i never thought i''d say that [;)]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]I enjoyed League 1it''s more about who you go to games to watch .... us or them

[/quote]The journey is always good on the way up, not so good on the way down, but that, in a nutshell is what supporting NCFC for over 60 years has been like. We have hit some great heights and plumbed some awful depths and I wouldn''t have swapped those experiences for any other club on the planet.I would still rather see my club competing nearer the top of the pyramid than the bottom.

problem is Ricardo, too far up the pyramid and we aren''t competinglittle fish big pond etc

Lets not get too carried away just yet....we won''t have the same favourable conditions as those we had today....playing 10 men for 88 mins.

The Championship can be a painful slog too.....remember the 2 or 3 seasons of flirting with relegation before it finally did happen?, they were littered with plenty of Wolves away type away days ....and many worse.

[quote user="City1st"]problem is Ricardo, too far up the pyramid and we aren''t competinglittle fish big pond etc

[/quote]It was ever thus but no reason to stop trying.No point in being a NCFC supporter if you don''t dream and live in hope.If you can meet with triumph and disaster and all that. (Kipling would have made a good NCFC supporter.)

no. and i would never wish us not tohence my constant (if not tongue in cheek) bemoaning of the ever so ''umble - and mt backing for us to go all out in cup gameshowever I think there has become a sense amongst some that unless we are in the PL we are failing, whereas the only real failure is if we arenot winning or challenging ... whatever league we are incurrently we are in the Ch. so our success should be measured against how we do hereperhaps we are little ole Norwich after all  (wink)

[quote user="City1st"]no. and i would never wish us not tohence my constant (if not tongue in cheek) bemoaning of the ever so ''umble - and mt backing for us to go all out in cup gameshowever I think there has become a sense amongst some that unless we are in the PL we are failing, whereas the only real failure is if we arenot winning or challenging ... whatever league we are incurrently we are in the Ch. so our success should be measured against how we do hereperhaps we are little ole Norwich after all  (wink)

[/quote]No, we certainly aren''t little but we aren''t big either.If we are being honest then I think most would agree that we are in that group of clubs that usually rotate between the top half of the Championship and the bottom half of the Prem.At least this year we are likely to see more goals and more wins and hopefully a  tilt at the top two.

I would have been happy to have progressed as Swansea have but as soon as we lost Lambert things wen''t to pot.....by the end of last season it was getting tedious to watch.

It is refreshing to actually see smiles on the players faces and the fans!

It''s refreshing and should we go up at least it will be on a high.