Sign in to follow this  
#

Forget this democratic boardroom nonsense.

The board are irrelevant.

When Delia stomps her feet along with lardy Winnie they have the majority of shares and they can do what they damn well like.. they own the club.

Democracy at City will always come 2nd here!

That''s why we had Gunn and Adams as managers..........Delia demanded it so imo.

i do agree the owners like managers they can control , you can see lambert demand this player then knocking on the door i need this player etc i think adams will ask and if answer is no neil he would accept it that''s the way they like it ,i believe that''s why we didn''t get a real manager in because they would have more power than little neil

If Delia got her way with Adams and yes she should step aside as I would like my club to move forward.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]And that is exactly the same scenario at every other Club - Marcus Evans etc. Surely even you understand that!
[/quote]

I do Jack but there''s a fair few on here who actually believe the board run the club, they''re wrong imo and gullible .

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Any chance you could buy her out Wiz and take the reins?[/quote]

If only Pablo.......bird brain Adams would be the first out of the door.

[quote user="Buh"]Hate filled old person makes another boring post Yawn[/quote]   

Buh ignores reality again.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]If I had the majority stake I would expect majority say, Its called putting your money where your mouth is .[/quote]

I don''t dispute any of this, its the charade that the Board are in control which bugs me, they''re not, they are just thralls of Delia and Wynn, and they''re making a right hack of it .............again!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]It''s not reality is it though Wiz - it''s your ''fears''. None of it is substantiated in the slightest. It''s all assumption tainted with a very long term bias that keeps cropping it''s ugly head whenever we lose or do badly.It''s actually quite vindictive and some may say, evil, in it''s forming. Incredibly negative.As for you running the club?!! Sheesh! It''s bad enough trying to keep up with your up''s and down''s on here let alone running a business! I mean you''d be quitting two or three times a year, leaving the club in limbo and then reappearing, stating that you were never serious in the first place.I doubt you would pass the FA''s somewhat dubious ''fit and proper'' test . . . . .

[quote user="Wiz"]

When Delia stomps her feet along with lardy Winnie they have the majority of shares and they can do what they damn well like.. they own the club.

[/quote]Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

It''s not reality is it though Wiz - it''s your ''fears''. None of it is substantiated in the slightest. It''s all assumption tainted with a very long term bias that keeps cropping it''s ugly head whenever we lose or do badly.

It''s actually quite vindictive and some may say, evil, in it''s forming. Incredibly negative.

As for you running the club?!! Sheesh! It''s bad enough trying to keep up with your up''s and down''s on here let alone running a business! I mean you''d be quitting two or three times a year, leaving the club in limbo and then reappearing, stating that you were never serious in the first place.

I doubt you would pass the FA''s somewhat dubious ''fit and proper'' test . . . . .
[/quote]

Oh you are awful..........but I like you.........Huzzah!  [Y]

I don''t know how Wiz knows so much about what''s going on in the boardroom.....Let''s face it, he doesn''t even know what''s happening on the pitch.......He''s never there! [:S]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]I believe ''Huzzah!'' is the word I''m looking for. [:)]Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.[/quote]

With reference to Purple''s response rather than Wiz''s OP, of course... need an edit button!

[/quote]

Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.

In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.

As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.

You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.

[/quote]

Hull, Swansea, Crystal Palace, QPR and Southampton all similar sizes to us Purple, I bet they''re all gagging for a Delia now.

It is simply too early to judge how this season is going to pan out. We lost a tight away game 1-0 after going down to 10 men, we didn''t play great but it''s a 46 game season. There''s a lot more to come from this squad.

Calm down!

On a totally unrelated matter to the OP smoking a bunch of crack makes you prone to paranoid and delusional outbursts

So does being your own sister, brother and cousin, apparently...

Something telss me all it not well financially at Southampton, as for the others who knows, they could be gambling millions on chasing the Premieship dream. I doubt very much that any club is run as a democracy, however I have to say that some of what Wiz says resonates with me, a good friend of mine (who is a WHU fan) had cause to meet and talk with Delia in his line of work, he complimented her on Delias restuarant but said he felt NCFC had made the wrong choice in selecting Neil Adams, her response was that he should be given time as he is "a nice man"...........not exactly the criteria I would be looking for in a football manager...........

It has been all quiet on Wiz''s misogyny for a few years but back and strong now............

[/quote]Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.[/quote]We went from a progressive, established top-flight footballing side which finished 3rd in the Premier League and had a solid UEFA Cup campaign, to a kick and rush team full of awful loanees that got led down to the 3rd division by a rank amateur. Through good fortune we went straight up to the Premier League, but eventually through terrible management we frittered it all away. In most other industries that sort of record would be seen as utter failure.Despite being in the Premier League we were led to believe the ridiculous story that we couldn''t get a better manager than Hopeless Hughton or a former radio commentator because nobody else was available. These are just barefaced lies to try and hide the fact that the board are woefully incompetent.You''ll get nowhere in anything if you don''t aim to be the best and are willing to accept being poor by way of comparing yourself to the very worst. Being ''good enough'' isn''t good enough, and anyone reading the hogwash above might be fooled into thinking the board has actually done quite a good job!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.[/quote]

Hull, Swansea, Crystal Palace, QPR and Southampton all similar sizes to us Purple, I bet they''re all gagging for a Delia now.

[/quote]I can''t be bothered to provide the statistics for all those clubs over 17 years, wiz, which is the correct comparison. But if you take QPR, despite being owned by absurdly rich people, including one of the dozen richest men on the planet, their 17-year record is two seasons in the Premier League, 11 in the second tier, and four in the third tier. Smith and Jones'' record, despite their lack of money, of  4-12-1 is plainly better.Hull and Southampton have had serious money behind them to bankroll their recent success, and Swansea''s success is also very recent. Over 17 years their record would almost certainly also be worse than ours, and I suspect the same for Palace.

[quote user="Adnams Out"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Well said, Wiz. It is brave of you to acknowledge that all the success we have had in the 17 years Smith and Jones have been autocratic owners has been entirely down to them. Not for you the malign sophistry that blames them for every mistake and dishonestly attributes all the success to others.In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football pyramid.As you so rightly point out, for a medium-sized and cash-poor club that is a record pretty much all our similar rivals would kill for, as would markedly bigger clubs such as Nottingham Forest and Leeds.You have your critics on this message-board, but some of them could profitably follow this example of yours of clear-sightedness and intellectual honesty.[/quote]We went from a progressive, established top-flight footballing side which finished 3rd in the Premier League and had a solid UEFA Cup campaign, to a kick and rush team full of awful loanees that got led down to the 3rd division by a rank amateur. Through good fortune we went straight up to the Premier League, but eventually through terrible management we frittered it all away. In most other industries that sort of record would be seen as utter failure.Despite being in the Premier League we were led to believe the ridiculous story that we couldn''t get a better manager than Hopeless Hughton or a former radio commentator because nobody else was available. These are just barefaced lies to try and hide the fact that the board are woefully incompetent.You''ll get nowhere in anything if you don''t aim to be the best and are willing to accept being poor by way of comparing yourself to the very worst. Being ''good enough'' isn''t good enough, and anyone reading the hogwash above might be fooled into thinking the board has actually done quite a good job![/quote]

I see - so you believe that us going down Lge 1 and then last year from Prem to Champ was down to "terrible management" however our back to back promotions were just "good fortune"?

I must remember to follow your words of wisdom more often in the future. ; )

[quote user="Brightside"]

I see - so you believe that us going down Lge 1 and then last year from Prem to Champ was down to "terrible management" however our back to back promotions were just "good fortune"?

I must remember to follow your words of wisdom more often in the future. ; )[/quote]It''s Waveney Brightside, just ignore the troll......Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out

[quote user="Wiz"]

That''s why we had Gunn and Adams as managers..........Delia demanded it so imo.

[/quote]

And a happy tenth birthday to this thread, and all its immediate family and cousins.

PurpleCanary wrote the following

In those seventeen years we have had only one season of failure, 12 of solid stability and four of outright success beyond our natural station in the football

So the three seasons following our 2005 relegation from the premiership when we finished lower in the Championship each season before making the drop to League 1 in 2009 were ones of solid stability were they?

Many of us would consider them seasons of spiralling decay with their inevitable consequence.

If a vote is taken based on the shareholding then that is ''democracy''what I don''t understand, is if it is so bad why are the board members all still there

I reckon old Wiz''s teeth have decayed over that time. Hard to think of any aspect of the club that has apart from SOB''s old yellow seat...