Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Is Adams A Puppet?

His strings seem to be being pulled all over the place, most of the stuff he says is contradictory in one way or another. I''m sure you have some examples yourself.

This is not an Adams out thread and just a thought but perhaps this is how he got the job over all the over mangers we looked at across Europe.

[quote user="Clint"]His strings seem to be being pulled all over the place, most of the stuff he says is contradictory in one way or another. I''m sure you have some examples yourself.

This is not an Adams out thread and just a thought but perhaps this is how he got the job over all the over mangers we looked at across Europe.[/quote]

by the sound of it you are quite familiar with ''being pulled all over the place''

How can you tell what I sound like by looking at my post? It''s visual not audible.

Buh, nice name by the way, what has my post got to do with today''s result exactly?

It''s an indictment of how the club appears to be being run currently, nothing specifically to do with what went on on the pitch. Adams appears to say one thing, something else tends to happen. Some have even gone so far as to say someone, somewhere, keeps telling us porky pies.

Although as you brought it up, yes, I''m not getting too excited about the fact we beat a team that played for almost the entirety of the match with a man less. Now I''m just about coping with holding back the tears, for your dry cleaners sake I hope you manage to hold back your excitement...

[quote user="Clint"]His strings seem to be being pulled all over the place, most of the stuff he says is contradictory in one way or another. I''m sure you have some examples yourself.

This is not an Adams out thread and just a thought but perhaps this is how he got the job over all the over mangers we looked at across Europe.[/quote]There''ll clearly be some autonomy and decision making in the role but as he''s being employed by the club to do the job they want then yes, as with any employee of a business his line manager will be to a large extent "pulling the strings". Much as I''m sure he can decide whether he wants Gary Holt as assistant manager or not and can choose whether to make the players do an extra half hour of fitness training in the afternoon on a Thursday, but he probably wouldn''t be allowed to put his son and best man from his wedding into the squad for Tuesday night or withdraw the team from the football league and enter the regional darts tournament instead.

Seriously you had to post this when we get our first win?

I think he is a manager in the process of building his squad. Getting rid of flops,getting rid of sick notes, selling players that don''t want to play in the Champs, and getting good money for them. He''s bought in a few good replacements, a goalscorer, which we needed, one that looks like he could be a new Holt, and re-energising players like Hooli.Now he needs to get rid of a couple more, the books need to be rebalanced so we are not crippled with stupid, Prem sized wages and some reinforcements bought in. He''s got his first win, now he just needs to be allowed time to build on this and finish what he has started. On to Blackburn. Let''s hope for a good result and maybe some of the animosity may dissipate.

[quote user="Clint"]This is not an Adams out thread and just a thought but perhaps this is how he got the job over all the over mangers we looked at across Europe.[/quote]That''s exactly right, Clint.Interview panel (Delia, MWJ, Stephen Fry): "Thanks for coming in today.  First question - are you prepared to be controlled by the board of directors?"Top European Managers: "Nein"/"Non"/"Och, Nooo"Interview panel: "Gosh, is that the time?  Well, thanks again for coming in.  David, please call Neil Adams and take these gin bottles with you on your way out."