Sign in to follow this  
barclay_boy111

Booing Redmond!

Actually it was more of a ''why?'' type moan when he looked like he was going into the corner - and understandably so: running down time like that is annoying at the best of times though you can understand it in a tight 1-0 game, but it is absolutely unnecessary at 3-0.

All I heard was the Watford fans boo him religiously after he wore an arm to the face. There was some consternation when he decided to pull his socks up, instead of committing himself down the wing when in a good position at the end of the match. All far from anything to get worked up about. My concern is we beat ten men well today, I hope we can fare as well against eleven. Let''s see what Tuesday brings.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]No-one booed where I sit in Lower Barclay.[/quote]

I''m in the lower E Barclay too, Booing started the moment he put the blood shirt on and never stopped all match, But the Boo''s were coming from Watford fans, every time he touched the ball, But he did the right thing by Laugh at them when he was taking the throw in''s,

The situation with Redmond is much like it was with Walcott. Remember pundits querying whether Walcott had a football brain due to his keeping on making poor decisions and the quality of his final ball? Sure, Redmond taking the ball into the corner (apparently aiming to wind down the clock when 3-0 up) shows immature judgement. The question is whether we show faith and wait for him to mature (as Wenger did with Walcott), or cash in and let someone else reap the eventual benefit. I''m for keeping faith; but in the meantime I think someone else needs to be given responsibility for corners and free kicks.

I didn''t hear booing, just annoyed murmurs at times. The only occasions I heard the fans getting on our players back was when Garrido lazily cut back and gave the responsibility to somebody else for the 30th time and towards the end when Watford were in full retreat and we maybe played it about too much instead of driving into the box.

I didn''t hear anyone actually boo any of our players though!

The booing I heard was more booing of the fact we had taken the ball into the corner to kill time whilst 3-0 up against 10 men. It wasn''t booing of Redmond as such.

That said out fans need to give Redmond a break. Yes he''s not on song at the moment and when he''s like that he''s frustrating to watch but he''s still a player with great talent, has a good attitude and appears willing to stay and play for us in the champ. I suspect the transfer window uncertainty is playing in his mind a bit as well. Give him a break and I''m convinced he will hit form and terrorise teams in this division.

And yes as others have said it wasn''t really booing, more moaning about us not going for the jugular.

Our fans came across pretty badly today- very quiet for a lot of the game and then started to get on the players back a bit at 1-0. When the second went in Lafferty was gesturing at the fans to make some noise and get behind the players which was fair enough.

Also there was a period at 1-0 where the game was getting a bit stretched and frantic with the ball going end to end. The team did the exact right thing by putting their foot on the ball and slowing the tempo to get control back again but the fans got on there back for passing it back to CB''s rather than going at Watford.

We have to realise you can''t play at break neck speed for 90 minutes and by doing that we were actually helping Watford who were only going to score on the counter attack. There is nothing wrong with some patient possession football at times.