Sign in to follow this  
ncfc1902

Sky sources Leroy fer :(

[quote user="Jenkins"]I doubt he wants to stay Indy but he did look a class above anything else on show today. Easy time to come on though![/quote]

I know Jenks but surely we should hold out for 10 million if its QPR.....unless 8 million is enough who knows but I hope that we see three mult million pound deals coming in and Commons not being on of them, 4 years ago brilliant player but well past his sell by date in my book.

Time will tell but won''t spoil my mood as Tettey & Johnson along with Laffs were outstanding.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Even with Fer and Surman both leaving, we have more than enough central midfielders. 
Tettey, Johnson, O''Neil, Howson are more than good enough to compete for central-midfield roles in the Championship. 
We still need another centre-back, right-back and possibly another striker and winger. central-midfield is one of the few areas where we can afford to lose players.

[/quote]you seem to think we will be buying replacementsits more than likely we are going to try and use the youth team instead, weve seen bugger all transfer movement its not likely to change

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Even with Fer and Surman both leaving, we have more than enough central midfielders. 
Tettey, Johnson, O''Neil, Howson are more than good enough to compete for central-midfield roles in the Championship. 
We still need another centre-back, right-back and possibly another striker and winger. central-midfield is one of the few areas where we can afford to lose players.

[/quote]you seem to think we will be buying replacementsits more than likely we are going to try and use the youth team instead, weve seen bugger all transfer movement its not likely to change [/quote]People know we have money so anyone we fancy is likely to be highly priced. We can only hope that those in charge will do the best they can for us.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Even with Fer and Surman both leaving, we have more than enough central midfielders. 

[/quote]you seem to think we will be buying replacementsits more than likely we are going to try and use the youth team instead, weve seen bugger all transfer movement its not likely to change [/quote]
So Grabban, Lafferty and O''Neil were already here then?
Or do they not count to you?

I cannot understand people saying we need Championship rated players. If we are serious about getting out of this division then surely it is better to keep the players that we know can compete at a higher level.

Otherwise we are going to try to find new, unproven perhaps (as last season) players for a new Premiership season.

Yes, we have plenty of midfield players, but how many are truly Premiership quality?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I cannot understand people saying we need Championship rated players. If we are serious about getting out of this division then surely it is better to keep the players that we know can compete at a higher level. [/quote]

DING!

The problem is the board arent willing to pay the money and take the chance, same old same old, nice and safethe problem is football from a business perspective doesnt really work like that anymore

How did they ''compete'' at a higher level? They were not good enough that''s why we got relegated.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I cannot understand people saying we need Championship rated players. If we are serious about getting out of this division then surely it is better to keep the players that we know can compete at a higher level.

Otherwise we are going to try to find new, unproven perhaps (as last season) players for a new Premiership season.

Yes, we have plenty of midfield players, but how many are truly Premiership quality?[/quote]
Players that you know can compete at a higher level don''t want to play in the Championship. Simple as that. 

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]I cannot understand people saying we need Championship rated players. If we are serious about getting out of this division then surely it is better to keep the players that we know can compete at a higher level. [/quote]

DING!

The problem is the board arent willing to pay the money and take the chance, same old same old, nice and safethe problem is football from a business perspective doesnt really work like that anymore[/quote]
Coming back off the biggest transfer spend in Norwich history, plus the purchase of 2 more strikers at a cost of around £6 million, your comments seem quite inaccurate. 

If he does join QPR, there''s every chance he''ll be back in the Championship by the time the 2015/16 season comes round.We may even be waving at him on our way past.

JF - some of them were not allowed to compete, or express themselves, because of the way the team was set out and played. It was not just the forwards who suffered.

[quote user="thas a rummun"]If he does join QPR, there''s every chance he''ll be back in the Championship by the time the 2015/16 season comes round.We may even be waving at him on our way past.[/quote]
Players tend to be alot more short term in their thinking. Let''s face it, with us he faces (at least) a year of lower wages, a lower standard of football, a lower public profile and less international opportunity.
It''s worth the risk of relegation if you can spend another season earning more of the above 
Plus, you can always engineer another move if it doesn''t work out...  

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
Coming back off the biggest transfer spend in Norwich history, plus the purchase of 2 more strikers at a cost of around £6 million, your comments seem quite inaccurate. 
[/quote]

we sold chris sutton to blackburn in 1994 for 5 million!!!!!!!!!! dont tell me this club is taking risks with that sort of money nearly 20 years later!!!!! its a farce

[quote user="mrs miggins"]or....you could wait to see who we''ll buy iron.stan[/quote]i will

in comparison to whats leaving it will be all filler

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
[/quote]

we sold chris sutton to blackburn in 1994 for 5 million!!!!!!!!!! dont tell me this club is taking risks with that sort of money nearly 20 years later!!!!! its a farce[/quote]
At the time that was the most expensive transfer in the history of English football. It was hardly a textbook transfer. 
And yes, spending £6 million on 2 strikers is quite a big gamble for a Championship club, how many other sides in this division have spent that much money in this window on 2 players?

im sorry but it comes down to taking risks for the big reward and this board consistently shows it doesnt have the balls to take risksthe juice is worth the squeeze, board has a small club mentality and need to sell upno ambition at all, will be stuck in this league for years under this lot which they will be more than happy about after selling the family jewels and still getting 25000 pour through the gates each week

Stan, you need to take a look at yourself chap. Or do you think that selling Snodgrass to Hull for 8 mil was the work of a "cheap hooker looking to pay the bills"?

Or are you just picking and choosing things to suit your argument?

The mention of £5m for Chris Sutton must also be tempered with the fact that not all of it found its way into the club, in fact there''s always been a strong suggestion most of it didn''t.

In other news in 1994 Michael Powell Bentley and Rolls Royce sold a brand new Turbo R to a club chairman who also enjoyed a splendid jolly up to the World Cup.

Anyway back on subject, I think £8m sounds a but on the low side given some of the money being shelled out for some very questionable signings elsewhere. £10m and enough time to go and spend a good chunk of it wisely.

[quote user="iron_stan"]im sorry but it comes down to taking risks for the big reward and this board consistently shows it doesnt have the balls to take risksthe juice is worth the squeeze, board has a small club mentality and need to sell upno ambition at all, will be stuck in this league for years under this lot which they will be more than happy about after selling the family jewels and still getting 25000 pour through the gates each week [/quote]How about whinging like a bitch when the window shuts. If we have signed no one, or no one of any note, then carry on by all means.We spent the most we have ever done last season and where are we now? We took a massive risk,it failed, and now we have to pay for it.

[quote user="I.S."]Stan, you need to take a look at yourself chap. Or do you think that selling Snodgrass to Hull for 8 mil was the work of a "cheap hooker looking to pay the bills"?

Or are you just picking and choosing things to suit your argument?[/quote]i think selling any player whos scored goals in the top flight and is generally regarded as our ''best'' player in that season (something i dont really agree with, i think he was over rated) for ONLY  8 mill is again a bit of a farce when you COMPARE it to what other transfer fees are/have been in recent times for similar abilities

i dont think snodgrass was worth more than 8, but when your selling to clubs that are now getting 60 + million for being in the top flight you should hold them to ransom, the same way we will apparently be held to ransom because everyone knows we have a few quid

[quote user="Herman "] We took a massive risk,it failed, and now we have to pay for it.[/quote]the biggest risk was the board backing a manager when he was clearly screwing it up from day one and then still not dealing with when they needed to,  i dont think the players are half as bad as the tactics he employed

I regret losing this player way and above the others who have departed in the last few months.

Also I fail to view this as much of a move for Fer either. In many ways QPR are a small club with a somewhat scatter-brained hierarchy who will likely struggle again this season in the Premier League. His wallet will be swelled but he will then be in a similar situation again.

Wages apart, I fail to see this as being much of a step up for him.

He has only had one season here and conceivably his career could have been better served by making a name for himself in the Championship and hopefully for a successful side in preparation for a ''proper'' move.

He has time on his side after all.

I would hope that there is a decent sell-on clause as I feel he is destined to find his way to one of the top six clubs for big money

Agreed Broadstairs.

In my mind Leroy is going, and what a great shame that would be, as he would be awesome, but you can''t argue World Cup etc. It''s just that it''s QPR. They are a grubby Club with so much wrong with them.

Anyone but them Leroy. You have been misadvised by your agent me thinks!

Thanks Mr Hughton for this........

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]McCormack £11m[/quote]Ross McCormack is 28 next week and is pretty much at his peak. It''s a lot of money to pay for someone whose never played in the Premiership, and probably never will. Leeds played a blinder in getting that much for him.I can see that one ending badly as Felix Magath publicly criticised his lack of fitness last week.

Yeh, I didn''t get the fitness thing about McCormack as he had already been at Fulham for over a month prior to last weeks game.

I would be having a word with my Sports Scientists and Fitness Coaches first

Fulham paying £11m for McCormack is crazier than any other transfer which has taken place this summer. He would have been overpriced at half that.I fear for Fulham this season (not that I wouldn''t be happy to see them vanish further down the leagues so we don''t have to go to Craven Cottage again). Looking at their team today, it was made up of kids (7 of the 11 starters were aged between 18-21!!!), a couple of randoms bought from the continent this summer, and Scott Parker/Hugo Rodellega. Even their new £11m man from Leeds was deemed unready enough to only sit on the bench.

He''s worth more than that, much more. I wouldn''t sell for anything less than £10m and I think there are clubs that would pay that much so why accept anything less?

As has been said before if McCormack and Deeney are worth £12m & £10 respectively we should definitely hold out for a higher offer.

I will be very disappointed if we sell for £8m. Any club that buy him know his value will increase considerably over the next 3 years, so hang on to him until a higher offer comes in please.

Anyone know what sort of wages Leroy is on? Transfer fees only part of the equation surely?

Unless you''re bitter like Stan of course.