Sign in to follow this  
ncfc1902

Sky sources Leroy fer :(

[quote user="I.S."]Anyone know what sort of wages Leroy is on? Transfer fees only part of the equation surely?

Unless you''re bitter like Stan of course.[/quote]
I don''t think anybody actually knows outside the club. But imo him and Ricky are/were part of the club''s top earners.  

Why do so many of our fans live on cloud cuckoo land? If Fer doesn''t want to be at NCFC there is zero to be gained by not accepting a decent offer (£8m is a very decent fee in my opinion for a very average player). Today when he came on he was so sloppy, a few stepovers but didn''t produce anything.

We are told we do not need to sell anyone and that Adams does not know anything about a move? If this is the case why are we. We need to bounce back to the PL and selling are only true international player is not the best way of doing this. It shows a total lack of ambition and highlights issues at our club regarding our vision and desire. Wes wanted to leave last year and has now signed a new 2 year contract, so simply saying the player wants to leave is not enough. He is contracted to us and will get over it if we insist on keeping him (as we did with wes)

It is simple, sell your best players and end up mid table something I feel is a real possibility

To sell would be a wrong decision at so many levels I hope it is not true

OTBC

Sorry John cant agree. Big players will not want to play in Championship, end of...

Wes'' argument wasn''t that he wanted to leave he wanted to play. Fer is a different kettle of fish. And I think holding out for the best price is the only logical thing to do.

Relegation costs, the poor Management of last year has created this situation. RVW was never going to play in Championship, the same as Fer. We have only sold 3 players, far less than the other relegated clubs, it could be argued this is not enough as the quality and team spirit within this group failed to keep us up.

Sell any player not up for the fight but make sure we get the best deal possible for the club.

Victor Wanyama was sold for approximately £12.5m and had only played for Celtic!

We''ve got a guy who plays for Holland and scored a World Cup goal. He''s played a season in the Premier League and scored goals there too. I would certainly say he''s closer to £10 rather than £8m and I''d want a sell-on fee too. Snoddy had 1 year left and went for around £7m. Fer is 24 years old and has a lengthy contract

The fact of the matter is we were only able to persuade and sign Fer after back to back Prem seasons ... Dropping a league means losing top quality.

In the current climate though £8M seems a little cheap.

[quote user="Angry man"]Lol well done NCFC. Just when for a long time I''m enjoying my Saturday night you kick us in the balls!!!.

Sky says he''s having a medical on Monday for £8mill which won''t be spent on improving our team!!!.

Has Robert Chase snuck back into the board room??[/quote]You must be mistaken.  Under Robert Chase we enjoyed a period of unparalleled success and never sold any of our best players.

A question for me is who has leaked this to sky sports. Is it Redknapp or Fers agent stirring things. If Adams is to be believed at 6pm yesterday we''d not had an acceptable offer for Fer and he''s not been stamping his feet and demanding a move.

IF we are to sell then £8m is a pathetic fee. If Mcnally has been telling the truth and we don''t need to sell anyone we don''t want to then we should be keeping him unless we get a much higher offer.

There is a benchmark for what we should get for Fer. If it is true we got £8m for Snodgrass, a 26-year-old Scottish international midfielder, then we should get at least £2m more for a 24-year-old Dutch international midfielder.

As long as it''s only the initial fee of 8 million, with add ons rising it further etc it won''t be such bad business.

8 million alone though isn''t great when we got 7 for Snoddy in the last year of hours contact

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There is a benchmark for what we should get for Fer. If it is true we got £8m for Snodgrass, a 26-year-old Scottish international midfielder, then we should get at least £2m more for a 24-year-old Dutch international midfielder.[/quote]

I agree, even if this turns out to be true though Sky havent got the transfer fees right for Snodgrass or Pilkington so far. I''ll wait for the EDP to let us know the fee as Sky quoted 6 mil for Snod and 1 mil for Pilks whenthe deals were closer to 8 and 2. I must admit though I''ll be disappointed if it turns out to be 8m.

[quote user="JF"]How did they ''compete'' at a higher level? They were not good enough that''s why we got relegated.[/quote] Er, Nope. We had a very good squad. The reason we didn''t compete is that we had a negative manager. If we''d actually have tried to win more games rather than settling for draws we would have stayed up !!    Fer is exactly the sort of player we should keep unless he is desperate to go, as he will improve and develop into a top player worth a lot more than 8m. One season in the Champs will not damage his career !!!  

One season in the Champ may not damage his career, but I think it''ll very much damage his precious ego.

Bor Bor Bor wrote "Under Robert Chase we enjoyed a period of unparalleled success and never sold any of our best players".

Yes, but this is a selective memory. That period was followed by a period of frenzied selling, which culminated in the Wimbledon at home match, where Efan Ekoku scored the winner against us, and we had Rob Newman up front (ffs).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There is a benchmark for what we should get for Fer. If it is true we got £8m for Snodgrass, a 26-year-old Scottish international midfielder, then we should get at least £2m more for a 24-year-old Dutch international midfielder.[/quote]I''m not overly sure about that.£8million was probably top end for Snodgrass and he had two decent premier league seasons behind him as well as history playing in the English Leagues.Fer, whilst impressing in some games last season, clearly hadn''t quite settled into English football. He is a tad younger and so has a bit more time but there is no guarantee his second season would be any more consistent. Most of us would be sure it will but at times the pace of the English game seemed to get to him last season.You might be looking at a case where Snodgrass is probably worth £6-8million and Fer is worth £8-10million and both go for £8million. It wouldn''t overly surprise me.I suspect though that with Fer, more of the money would be upfront.

Yeah, after the final whistle yesterday I think Leroy was saying ''Cheerio''.....I also think 8 million is small for Leroy, nothing less than 10 million in my opinion....Selling him short of his true value..... 

I think £8m is fair. He wasn''t that good, he was often lazy. The reason I would want perhaps a bit more would be because he would be great in this league alongside Howson.

But if we truly do not need to sell and do not want to sell as our CEO and our manager have said then the question of whether £8m is his true value is not really relevant. Personally I think if you look at comparables £8m is cheap but the fact is if we do not want or need to sell him then only a silly money offer should be accepted.

Leroy Fer''s equivalent in the England squad would be someone like Barkley or Luke Shaw. £8m on comparison the the values placed on those players is small beans.

I don''t think you can compare Fer to Barkley in value. Perhaps Rodwell, but nothing i''ve seen from Fer is at all to Barkley at his best plus there''s 4-5 years age difference.

One thing to keep in mind with his fee is his injury history- his transfer to Everton fell through over some issues in his medical and he missed a chunk of last season for us. I still believe if he''d been fit all year we would have stayed up as I think he was starting to look really good.

Big couple of weeks for the board if him and Surman go though- we will have made over £16m in sales and we need to reinvest a fair chunk in at least one defender and ideally a Hoolahan alternative.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Felt like he was saying goodbye at the end of the game when he walked around the ground applauding the fans. Could be the reason he came on as sub. If so, contradicts Adams'' statement of not knowing he is off...[/quote]

Yes a few people noticed he seemed to be going on a farewell lap. Got the distinct impression that Fer knows he won''t be here for the Blackburn game.

I do find it hard to believe that Neil Adams wasn''t aware of it too.

He probably didn''t want to spoil a good day by announcing the sale of our best player in the post match interview. That would have hoovered out the good vibes quick enough.

Lets take the optimistic view of his lap, he probably couldnt believe that despite being relegated , we had a full house, he was just showing his appreciation.

Fulham had 6,500 empty seats yesterday.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="Canary Willo"]

Sorry John cant agree. Big players will not want to play in Championship, end of...

[/quote]

What about Ruddy then?

[/quote]... and also, when Newcastle were managed in the Champs under Hughton, they kept all of their stars and they walked the League. We could be making a big mistake IMO !!!

Very good point agree entirely

I don''t agree with the whole we have to let players go, that''s what the parachute payments were intended for

whereas we should force players to stay !parachute payments were intended to help with the loss of TV money, not retain players who have better offers from elsewhere time some folk grew up a bit, stopped whiningg like an over tired children and recognised this is how it is .......... and has been for some while.............and is how we signed players from Leeds, Redmond, Olsson etc