Sign in to follow this  
ncfc1902

Sky sources Leroy fer :(

£8 million and you have a sad face on your post?£8 million for Leroy Fer, I would be looking for the "doing cartwheels" avatar.Assuming this money will be reinvested in the squad, of course.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]£8 million and you have a sad face on your post?£8 million for Leroy Fer, I would be looking for the "doing cartwheels" avatar.Assuming this money will be reinvested in the squad, of course.[/quote]

Yea thats the thing Bor, I think we all know it won''t be though!

If Fer does leave I make that £18 million we''ve received in transfer fees this window..........I don''t see a lot of it being spent yet.  [:|]

Those on big wages were always likely to go and there is undoubtedly pressure to get them off the balance sheet because even half pay is well above what a Championship club can afford.  It''s par for the course when you get relegated but it''s all about getting a good price and in Fer''s case I reckon £8 million is o.k.

Lol well done NCFC. Just when for a long time I''m enjoying my Saturday night you kick us in the balls!!!.

Sky says he''s having a medical on Monday for £8mill which won''t be spent on improving our team!!!.

Has Robert Chase snuck back into the board room??

[quote user="Angry man"]Lol well done NCFC. Just when for a long time I''m enjoying my Saturday night you kick us in the balls!!!.

Sky says he''s having a medical on Monday for £8mill which won''t be spent on improving our team!!!.

Has Robert Chase snuck back into the board room??[/quote]No point in being angry, relegation means we can''t keep £8 million players. Sad but reality has to be faced that any replacement is not going to be of Premier quality. Clinging on to players who want to play for bigger clubs on a bigger stage and with higher wages is never going to end well. I applaud Neil Adams for getting them out quickly at a good price.

Any chance of promotion will disappear if Fer leaves. And that chance will only exist once Adams is sacked and replaced with a decent manager.

I always felt Fer just treated us like a stepping stone, but I expected the next step for him to be a top 6 club, not QPf-ingR.

But maybe that''s where he belongs. At a 5hit club with a 5hit ground with muggy fans in red trousers with a coaching team who shave their own sideburns off, in a team full of other money-hungry desperados on a perpetual yo-yo between the top two divisions.

If that''s the amount of his aspiration, good riddance.

He''ll be looking to move elsewhere in 12 months time, just you watch.

Bye Leroy, you promised much but you always reminded me of Damien Francis on the last day of the 2004-5 season at Fulham. I can assure you, your honeymoon is well and truely over now.

[quote user="ricardo"]A  bit cloudy over Lowestoft tonight I reckon.
[/quote]

No Ricardo, clear skies here............do you think we''ll be spending the sales money or hording it?

Good deal, IMO he''s a bit over rated. He had a good 15 minutes at the World Cup but beyond that he''s not done much more that makes him stand out from what we''ve got in midfield. We proved today we can hold our own without him.

Those who think Leroy is only an £8M player need to watch his progression carefully. At that price he is a bargain.

Still, we can always hope he fails the medical as he did at Everton, who were at that time prepared to pay £8.6M for him.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ricardo"]A  bit cloudy over Lowestoft tonight I reckon.[/quote]

No Ricardo, clear skies here............do you think we''ll be spending the sales money or hording it?

[/quote]There is no point in hoarding it because it will get taxed. Being in the Championship means we are out of the market for £8 million players. Anyone that good will be a Premier clubs target and they will out bid us on wages. I expect any replacements will be of the Grabben type variety costing £3 million or less and want a chance to step up.Relegation seems to be a hard idea for some people to swallow. Without Premiership games and Premiership wages we can no longer attract players of Fer''s class. Sad I know but those of us who have seen it before knew what was coming.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]McCormack £11m[/quote]Strange that no Prem club was interested in him. Perhaps Fulhams owner can afford to fund Prem wages. One thing I know for certain is that our owners can''t.

He looked class when he came on...if he goes we really need to keep Tettey.....him & Laffs were outstanding today.

Sad that the club have already made money this transfer window....I had hoped they would make a bigger effort to keep Fer.

Time will tell if there will be any investment back in the next two weeks.

Cheap Cheap Canaries wrote the following post at 16/08/2014 9:01 PM:

And in his interview after the game Adamd said he knew nothing of Leroy leaving , well we certainly have found a manager who finds lying very easy .

Subject

And what makes it worse is all the other managers always tell the truth, its bleedin shocking to me!

8 million is not enough, especially to a premier league club

this club has always sold at less than what players are really worth, we appear to be willing to just roll over and take whatevers on offer

like a cheap hooker desperate to pay the bills

if this is what delia & mcnally are willing to take for a dutch international and world cup goal scorer then redmond and hooper will go for even less

Even with Fer and Surman both leaving, we have more than enough central midfielders. 
Tettey, Johnson, O''Neil, Howson are more than good enough to compete for central-midfield roles in the Championship. 
We still need another centre-back, right-back and possibly another striker and winger. central-midfield is one of the few areas where we can afford to lose players.