Sign in to follow this  

Getting rid of Surman would lift Neil Adams considerably in my estimation and if he got money for him as well, quite a result.

Those who support Surman''s case for a place in the starting X1, also tend to favour Wes in the team as well. For me, that makes for a midfield that is far too lightweight, Wes involves himself in the game, Surman runs around a lot but sees little of the ball and suffers from a strong reluctance to compete for 50-50 balls.

I think it can be seen in the recruitment of Lafferty and O''neil that we are looking for a bit more ''muscle - Grabban is no 9 stone weakling either

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d be very disappointed if we lost Surman. Especially after NA played him so much in preseason. Clearly a big part of his plans and if Adams cannot convince him to stay, that''s quite alarming isn''t it? Bournemouth ffs.[/quote]Bear in mind we''ve been without Howson, Tettey and Fer for most of pre-season though. O''Neil, Tettey and Fer were back in the squad on Saturday and Surman wasn''t in it... no coincidence.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I was hoping this thread would be news about us signing a Russian player.[/quote]

12 hours later and I get the pun -------------- SurmanovGot there in the end