Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Promotion is simple

After going to Carrow Road today, we just need to keep the existing squad together and find a centre back to replace Martin - promotion will come

The performance was superb and no matter what anyone says Redmond looked good and Fer when he came on can comfortably play in the hole if we need more power than Hoolighan has in some away games

With the riches of the premiership beckoning can someone please explain to me why Delia & her cronies on the board are desperate to turn our stars into cash

The Board says we dont need to sell but come the 1st September we will have £30M in the bank from the sale of the following

Wolf (loan fee) £1M

Pilkington £2M

Snoddy £7M

Fer £8M

Redmond £5M

Hooper £8M

Can someone please explain what the policy of our board is - what on earth is the cook doing

Shift the highest earners to balance the books for the foreseeable future, it''s not rocket science.

Newton wrote the following post at 17/08/2014 7:22 AM:

After going to Carrow Road today, we just need to keep the existing squad together and find a centre back to replace Martin - promotion will come

The performance was superb and no matter what anyone says Redmond looked good and Fer when he came on can comfortably play in the hole if we need more power than Hoolighan has in some away games

With the riches of the premiership beckoning can someone please explain to me why Delia & her cronies on the board are desperate to turn our stars into cash

The Board says we dont need to sell but come the 1st September we will have £30M in the bank from the sale of the following

Wolf (loan fee) £1M

Pilkington £2M

Snoddy £7M

Fer £8M

Redmond £5M

Hooper £8M

Can someone please explain what the policy of our board is - what on earth is the cook doing

Newton in yet another club bashing shocker!

[quote user="Newton"]After going to Carrow Road today, we just need to keep the existing squad together and find a centre back to replace Martin - promotion will come

Wolf (loan fee) £1M

Pilkington £2M

Snoddy £7M

Fer £8M

Redmond £5M

Hooper £8M

Can someone please explain what the policy of our board is - what on earth is the cook doing[/quote]

I don''t suppose the win had anything to do with the fact that the opposition were down to 10 men for 87 minutes !!!  Let''s not get carried away until we''ve won 11 against 11 away from home !!!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Newton"]After going to Carrow Road today, we just need to keep the existing squad together and find a centre back to replace Martin - promotion will come

Wolf (loan fee) £1M

Pilkington £2M

Snoddy £7M

Fer £8M

Redmond £5M

Hooper £8M

Can someone please explain what the policy of our board is - what on earth is the cook doing[/quote]

I don''t suppose the win had anything to do with the fact that the opposition were down to 10 men for 87 minutes !!!  Let''s not get carried away until we''ve won 11 against 11 away from home !!![/quote]

Exactly this - of course the performance was superb. With an extra man for that long we were going to dominate possession and look good.

I won''t get carried away over a win like that. However, with another home game so soon, if we can carry the confidence into Blackburn we could get another morale boosting win before next Saturday

[quote user="paul moy"]

I don''t suppose the win had anything to do with the fact that the opposition were down to 10 men for 87 minutes !!!  Let''s not get carried away until we''ve won 11 against 11 away from home !!!
[/quote]

And I suppose last weeks defeat was in no way influenced by us playing a 1/3 of the game with 10 men ?

Last week the performance was awful before we went down to 10, so that argument doesn''t hold water we were second best from the outset

Olsspn being sent off was the icing on the cake, we created nothing

This thread should be frozen in carbonite until the transfer window closes and then re-evaluated.  It would only be reasonable to judge all transfers, in and out, in their entirety once completed.But I get it, moan moan bleat no hambition baaah baaah sack the board whine whinge cough snark.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t suppose the win had anything to do with the fact that the opposition were down to 10 men for 87 minutes !!!  Let''s not get carried away until we''ve won 11 against 11 away from home !!![/quote]

And I suppose last weeks defeat was in no way influenced by us playing a 1/3 of the game with 10 men ?

[/quote]How is that at all relevant to my point ?   I''ve already stated on a thread a few days ago regarding Olsson that I blame him largely for that defeat.  Let''s not get carried away with a win against 10 men or we are heading for a fall in our next match. 

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Last week the performance was awful before we went down to 10, so that argument doesn''t hold water we were second best from the outset

Olsspn being sent off was the icing on the cake, we created nothing[/quote]If you struggle to get enjoyment from a win you''re probably better off supporting someone else. May i suggest  Madrid or Munich.

If an intelligence test was needed to post on this Forum only Wiz myself and a few others would be allowed

Idiots - it is understandable that Snodgrass & Pilks were sold to the highest bidder as they were both in the last year of there contracts and would have left next summer on a free

Likewise, Wolf was about 5th in the pecking order to start, our highest wage earner and so it made good sense to move him on

But, can one of you fools please explain why we are selling the crown jewels at a cut price figure from under Adams feet when we dont need the money

Fer, Redmond and Hoop[er are all in Adams plans, all 3 have at least 3 years left on there contract. relatively young and there values can only increase

Indeed, if we wait until Jan there values would have increased by 25 % as Prem Clubs spend to struggle for survival

If Fer is desperate for the Prem, send him to QPR on a 12 mths loan with an upfront fee of £1.5m

Can one of u fools explain why we are desperate to turn our best assets into cash ?

[quote user="Newton"]If an intelligence test was needed to post on this Forum only Wiz myself and a few others would be allowed[/quote]My ironymeter literally combusted.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]If we''re to make a serious effort at promotion, selling off the players most able to make that happen in order to balance the books seems counterproductive.[/quote]We might not have a choice. Player power and all that.

Ice cold

U clearly not a proper fan

The Board have categorically stated on more than one occasion we do not need to sell players this season to balance the books

So I will repeat myself - why are we selling our best players to create a cash mountain when Adams would prefer to keep them

ANSWERS PLEASE

Clubs just say that though Newton so that they are not held to ransom. They also said they need to find a way to survive after having half the money they would''ve had taken away

But Mrs M

Wages reduced by 50% when relegated

Income this year should be enough to cover it & we need to go up

Why r we selling when Adams wants certain players to stay

We have a pretty good history of bouncing back fast. The first few times we dropped from the top level, it was for 1 season, and we were in League 1 for only one season.

History aside, there hasn''t been a lot of noise from top players wanting out, so why sell them? If we''re struggling in January with no real chance of promotion, let them go then. If we''re in the mix, keep ''em and we''ll have plenty of Prem quality talent already signed when we''re promoted.

Promotion to the Premiership is never easy. In the Premiership the teams tend to finish around the same places each season. The Championship is more competitive, you don''t usually see relegated teams going straight back up. Leicester and Burnley got promoted last season but they weren''t relegated from the Premiership just a few years ago

Have I missed us selling Hooper & Redmond?

You missed Surman''sale to Bornmouth.

In all reality, Fer will most likely go but can''t see Hooper nor Redmond moving now.

Why have you not mentioned that only 2 of the players either sold or will be sold in Fer & Snodders had any impact last season.

Second we have aslo bought 7 million worth of attackers.

I assumr Fer, Surman, Bassong & Becchio will ve gone and two further additions added.

The cook as you call her is aligning the club to where we are 50 million less income this year. Any business owner would do the same.

That said we should ensure we build a good young squad, I hope that Adams brings in young hungry players and not agingjourneymen pros.

Give the club a break, we have so much to be positive about and we have just had a period the most boring football ever, lets enjoy the Championship where we actually get some wins, score some goals and play attacking football.

If you don''t spend some money get back up straight away and just hang around until the parachute payments finish. You end up like Bolton who now can''t afford to buy anybody without selling first. Without wishing repeat myself, this season was/is massive and regardless of yesterday we should have got an experienced management team in spent some money on decent players, not just sold everybody who has a little grumble. We have a massive advantage over everybody financially don''t waste it

[quote user="Mickdundee"]If you don''t spend some money get back up straight away and just hang around until the parachute payments finish. You end up like Bolton who now can''t afford to buy anybody without selling first. Without wishing repeat myself, this season was/is massive and regardless of yesterday we should have got an experienced management team in spent some money on decent players, not just sold everybody who has a little grumble. We have a massive advantage over everybody financially don''t waste it[/quote]dearie meBolton and other were relegated after years of decline, and in their case massive debts - we weren''t, or haven''t the debtsYou don''t think that the club is not aware of the significance of this season and how the parachite money affects things now and seasons aheadWe have NOT  ''sold everybody who has a little grumble''  and the structure that brings in new players is still in place irrespective of the manager. Every relegated club sees players leaving for better things. That is how it works.As the official transfer window has a couple of weeks to go and the unofficial transfer window over three months to go why not wait and see instead of posting up this idiotic guff.

Just because you like how things are as you seem very happy with EVERYTHING the club does doesn''t mean we all have to

Adams in charge this year was idiotic, and putting the transfer dealings in the hands of people whose job it is to make a profit is just as bad. Players being sold to balance books is never a good thing.

I''m far from happy with yhe board I blame them for not acting in January and backing whoever would have been brought in!

I also don''t like that Adams says one thing lkkr on the sale of Fer and the club appear not to back his statements...but press appear to have more info yhan our manager.

Someone is either not saying yhe whole story or the board are not talking with Adams.

But it''s not all doom and gloom and we do have to align budgets.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Just because you like how things are as you seem very happy with EVERYTHING the club does doesn''t mean we all have to

Adams in charge this year was idiotic, and putting the transfer dealings in the hands of people whose job it is to make a profit is just as bad. Players being sold to balance books is never a good thing.[/quote]

err, that''s how it has been for quite a while nowwhereas not balancing the books is a good thing ?

perhaps you are from suffolk as you don''t sound too bright