Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Just read that story about us sacking the programme sellers

What a truly pathetic, unecessary, penny pinching love by the club. Must save us all of about £2k for the season whilst the manager continues to pay Bassong £30k a week for playing its the kids. I really don''t see why it is necessary to treat people quite so ruthlessly.

Funny how they didn''t need to sack them in league 1 yet now we are supposedly in the best shape financially for years the little guys pay the price of relegation. Mcnally regime at its worst. If we don''t go back up it will all implode because the club loses a little bit more goodwill every season.

I just think its wrong and unnecessary for people like her to be the ones that pay for our relegation. We have always been rightly proud that our club is a community club and the gradual erosion of that saddens me.

Quite a few aspects of the way the club is run now are far, far less fan/community friendly. It doesn''t matter when we are doing well and people have generally accepted it as the trade off for prem football but it will start to matter to people if we are not.

its cost saving now to afford Adams, Holt, Brooks and the rests compensation after losing to the inbreds next weekend... ;)

Where''s the story?

Anyway, I would imagine programme sales are nothing like they were back in the hay day, what are they £3 now?

It would follow, not enough programmes being sold, not as many programme sellers required.

Being offered discounted season tickets as recognition of their previous good service does not seem ''ruthless'', it seems like a nice gesture from community minded club.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Where''s the story?

Anyway, I would imagine programme sales are nothing like they were back in the hay day, what are they £3 now?

It would follow, not enough programmes being sold, not as many programme sellers required.[/quote]This[Y]

When I sold programmes for a couple of seasons many moons ago it was a commission only job, not salaried.Not sure if they are now directly employed with a salary and therefore could be "made redundant" by the club.I suspect that programme sales are a fraction of what they used to be with so much of their content being available online for free. Its now more of a souvenir of the day rather than an informational publication.I suspect this has been done as much to secure a reasonable return for the few sellers left rather than spread the sales so thinly that its not worth any of their whiles to turn up and sell them.

I lost my job when our shop strangely stopped selling anything for about 6 months....it happens, we were relegated and have lost about 45 million a year in income. Unfortunately, football clubs are run as businesses, you can''t really get on the clubs back about it, less important cuts have to be made.

Regarding our surplus playing staff, I''m pretty sure we''re doing all we can to offload them. It''s just nobody wants an ageing striker who hasn''t played or scored in 2 years or a well paid sulky mercenary who just can''t concentrate for 90 minutes or stop getting relegated

[quote user="Molly Windley"]When I sold programmes for a couple of seasons many moons ago it was a commission only job, not salaried.Not sure if they are now directly employed with a salary and therefore could be "made redundant" by the club.I suspect that programme sales are a fraction of what they used to be with so much of their content being available online for free. Its now more of a souvenir of the day rather than an informational publication.I suspect this has been done as much to secure a reasonable return for the few sellers left rather than spread the sales so thinly that its not worth any of their whiles to turn up and sell them.

[/quote]mr windley can be seen here plying his tradeclickat 14 secs

Also, I didn''t see any lack of programme sellers at carrow road yesterday. There was certainly lots of places to get them all around the ground and beyond.

Could it be that the EDP are sensationalising to sell newspapers? They''ve got previous on this.

Have you tried buying anything from the Club Shop yet this season.  They may have kept our season tickets at the same prices despite going down but they now deem it necessary for us to spend £20 in the shop before we can get discount of our season tickets.  All this penny pinching and yet no player purchases apart from 2 strikers to boost the 5 we already had.  Wos gorn on!!!

Haven''t bought a programme since 2005 promotion issue sold at Preston NE game in may 2005, and £3 for the prog is poor value.

But yeah McNally''s Norwich look to make/save money including the Priority Membership scheme and sackings of prog sellers.

I notice the tannoy system which needs to be replaced is still here, cannot hear announcements or even make out the goal music.

But never mind everyting is going on team building, £10m we get for Fer, Pilks and Surman will go to Neil to strengthen. Some hopes.

Just a thought, but if the club wanted to save money then instead of getting rid of program sellers, why don''t they get rid of one or two of those overpaid parasites who sit on the board? You cannot blame the program sellers for our relegation, unlike Delia and her fat cat chums who voted to keep a clueless manager in his job.

[quote user="pete"]Haven''t bought a programme since 2005 promotion issue sold at Preston NE game in may 2005, and £3 for the prog is poor value.

But yeah McNally''s Norwich look to make/save money including the Priority Membership scheme and sackings of prog sellers.

I notice the tannoy system which needs to be replaced is still here, cannot hear announcements or even make out the goal music.

But never mind everyting is going on team building, £10m we get for Fer, Pilks and Surman will go to Neil to strengthen. Some hopes.[/quote]

Well I hope you''re pleased with yourself. Nearly ten years without buying a programme and you wonder why the sellers are getting the push.

Tight.