Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Sick of Redmond

Great performance today much improved after last week, Johnson, Lafferty and Wes all brilliant.

Redmond on the other hand.

I''m sick to death of him now, he has to be the most overrated player we''ve ever had. I really can''t watch another run and no end product from him again. If Stoke are offering £5m I''d bite their hand off. How many times today did he do his usual cut inside and shoot and completely miss the target?

Granted a couple were close, but plenty were high or wide, and his crossing was woeful also and produced zero goalscoring opportunities.

The point is with Redmond is he seems to have turned into a Huckerbyesque talisman figure, by club and fans alike and as such the ball seems to gravitate to him more than any other player. The problem of course is he still has no end product to his game.

Far too many cut ins and wayward shots and pi$$ poor crosses that create nothing.

He looks like a player with ability and theres no doubting his pace and trickery in his build up play, but I''ve just had enough of this incessant nil end product. Its happening every single game, nothing has changed since the 1st game of last season.

The team would be far better served by a player who actually creates goalscoring opportunities given the ball more than anyone else in the team.

Heres an interesting thought. Tettey and Johnson are out and out defensive midfielders yet they have scored more goals than Redmond, our supposed most attacking player.

I hope Stoke up their bid.

Well Pilkington has gone so no not A.Pilkington.

Get £5m and get someone in or give Murphy a go, I really can''t see him doing any worse.

Can''t believe you got that fan award once. I''d give you the award for "best Norwich fan disguise".

I realise this is a negative and critical post especially after such an excellent win, but I''m just sick of watching Redmond deliver nothing time and time again.

I''m hoping for some counter arguments but judging by the pathetic replies by some children thus far I''m not gonna get them.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I realise this is a negative and critical post especially after such an excellent win, but I''m just sick of watching Redmond deliver nothing time and time again.

I''m hoping for some counter arguments but judging by the pathetic replies by some children thus far I''m not gonna get them.[/quote]As a counter argument I would suggest that his pace causes issues for opposition defences and allows us to move from defence to attack at a more rapid rate. I also feel that his main issue has been trying to do everything at 100mph so far. I actually saw signs of him trying to alter this today, slowing the game down when he got to the edge of the box and looking to pick the right ball rather than just thumping it as hard as he could.His crosses weren''t finding the target but I feel this was partly caused by the managers decision to use our 6''4" striker as a left winger. Stick Lafferty in the middle and we may start getting more joy.He''s a work in process right now and not the finished article but certainly worth a starting place at the moment based on recent performances. And indeed if Neil Adams thinks he''s worth persevering with his probably not that bad. Watford also were making a concerted effort to mark him leaving space for other players to get opportunities.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I realise this is a negative and critical post especially after such an excellent win, but I''m just sick of watching Redmond deliver nothing time and time again.

I''m hoping for some counter arguments but judging by the pathetic replies by some children thus far I''m not gonna get them.[/quote]As a counter argument I would suggest that his pace causes issues for opposition defences and allows us to move from defence to attack at a more rapid rate. I also feel that his main issue has been trying to do everything at 100mph so far. I actually saw signs of him trying to alter this today, slowing the game down when he got to the edge of the box and looking to pick the right ball rather than just thumping it as hard as he could.His crosses weren''t finding the target but I feel this was partly caused by the managers decision to use our 6''4" striker as a left winger. Stick Lafferty in the middle and we may start getting more joy.He''s a work in process right now and not the finished article but certainly worth a starting place at the moment based on recent performances. And indeed if Neil Adams thinks he''s worth persevering with his probably not that bad. Watford also were making a concerted effort to mark him leaving space for other players to get opportunities.[/quote]

do we know if Lafferty is actually strong in the air?......he might be a naturally wide striker who just happens to be 6''4" ?!?!

Finally a reply by an adult. Thanks Holtcant.

Good points I guess, I''m not disputing his pace causes problems and his build up play is good, its just how long do we persist with this constant no end product? You say he''s a work in progress, well I see absolutely zero improvement in 12 months.

Huckerbys Boots - Matt wrote the following post at 16/08/2014 11:44 PM:

or give Murphy a go, I really can''t see him doing any worse.

----------------------------------

*facepalm

Murphy''s just a younger version

You don''t know that at all Murphys hardly had a kick. Tho incidentally he did score a cracker v Watford last season.

I say give him a go, how hard is it to improve on zero goals, zero shots on target and zero crosses that produced goalscoring chances.

I''d like to see anyone play as well as he did today after getting such a smack to the face.

The smack to the face was irrelevant, he got over it so it obviously wasn''t that bad.

I''m not saying he didn''t play well, his build up play was good. He contributed absolutely nothing of note end product wise tho while Johnson and Tettey took full advantage of the extra space and scored two cracking goals. Its not that difficult in this league for this set of players, yet Redmond still can''t manage to deliver can he.

I think your viewpoint is very important and you should share it on canary call with Bernie, Cletus and the rest of the pig farmers.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]You don''t know that at all Murphys hardly had a kick. Tho incidentally he did score a cracker v Watford last season.

I say give him a go, how hard is it to improve on zero goals, zero shots on target and zero crosses that produced goalscoring chances.[/quote]Chris Hughton, Neil Adams, Gareth Southgate. or........Huckerbys Boots - Matt?Can''t decide. Gonna have to sleep on it. [<:o)]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I think you should, surely its way past your bedtime anyway? Oh I forgot, its not a school night.[/quote]You started a thread stating you''re "Sick of Redmond" and yet when others disagree with you, you resort to insults (always). I suggested that people in the game may be more aware of his potential than you, but the best you can offer is that I should be in bed. Do you see how infantile you come across Matt?

I too find Redmond very frustrating. Lots of talent, but no footballing brain hence no end product. People say "he''s young, he''ll learn", but I don''t see it myself. Nothing has changed in a whole season under two different coaching teams. Time to cash in.

Lapps in a school uniform..lol You haven''t met Lapps have you?

Huckerbys Boots - Matt wrote the following post at 17/08/2014 6:34 AM:

Great performance today much improved after last week, Johnson, Lafferty and Wes all brilliant.

Redmond on the other hand.

I''m sick to death of him now, he has to be the most overrated player we''ve ever had. I really can''t watch another run and no end product from him again. If Stoke are offering £5m I''d bite their hand off. How many times today did he do his usual cut inside and shoot and completely miss the target?

Granted a couple were close, but plenty were high or wide, and his crossing was woeful also and produced zero goalscoring opportunities.

The point is with Redmond is he seems to have turned into a Huckerbyesque talisman figure, by club and fans alike and as such the ball seems to gravitate to him more than any other player. The problem of course is he still has no end product to his game.

Far too many cut ins and wayward shots and pi$$ poor crosses that create nothing.

He looks like a player with ability and theres no doubting his pace and trickery in his build up play, but I''ve just had enough of this incessant nil end product. Its happening every single game, nothing has changed since the 1st game of last season.

The team would be far better served by a player who actually creates goalscoring opportunities given the ball more than anyone else in the team.

Heres an interesting thought. Tettey and Johnson are out and out defensive midfielders yet they have scored more goals than Redmond, our supposed most attacking player.

I hope Stoke up their bid.

Redmond is 20 years old! He has a hell of a lot of maturing to do. I doubt he will be used constantly to help with his maturing.

Also, how would you have felt if one of his shots had rocketed into the top locker?

It will come. Give the youngster some time!

Finally some people are seeing it

The kid is cr@p! Has no idea.

Headless chicken and out worst player on the pitch

Lafferty outplayed him.

Sell him on to the premier league to keep the bench warm

There''s better young talented wingers than him who can actually cross balls, take corners and hit the target

As soon as a proper, genuine bid comes in and it looks highly likely that he will leave, a whole lot of posters will be on here moaning about the club selling our better players, no ambition blah,blah,blah. It''s either one extreme or t''other.

Definitely think he should be taken off free kicks. Any in shooting range should be taken by anyone but him! I think we would be wise to review the situation in January with his progress and ours, far too early to sell now.

I thought Redmond was poor.If anyone was watching him with a view to buy, then his value halved in my opinion. No end product, no shots on target. Someone suggested he did try to slow the pace a couple of times today, he did and each time lost the ball. He is so overated its untrue.Someone else mentioned Laffs being out wide instead of in the box, according to my irish mate he scores very few headed goals, that isnt his strength