Sign in to follow this  
pete

Has Eliott Benett lost his pace?

It appears EB is not as swift as before his injury didn''t show any against Wolves and the 20 minutes yesterday.

If he''s not the winger of 2/3 seasons ago, he ought to be our new RB, he has played it before and looked solid also his distribution is ok. At RB does not need to be as speedy as a winger.

and are you judging this on one game, which would be the first game of the season?

If the answer is yes then there''s not much point discussing it further

people have talked him up so much

they all seem to forget he was never nothing more than a fringe player

He and pilks were great on either wing in our first season in the prem, fantastic player to have in the squad; he''s got genuine pace with a good cross as well as the work ethic to track back.

These cruciate injuries inevitably cause a reduction in a footballer''s potential, so the decision to give him a new contract before he had resumed training post-injury seems a bit daft. Hence it''s a bit of a worry if he can''t perform at what should be his natural level.

Have to say he never really lived up to the hype when we got him from Brighton.

Have to say not too impressed by his start this season, still just the two games in thus far, but I would rather give Murphy game time to further his developement.

Although physically back to fitness, I would suspect that mentally pushing your body to the limit will take a little longer.

I rated the guy highly before the injury and am very hopeful he will reach this level again, you must also remember he looked our best player against Everton last season before the injury. It''s a long season let give him a little more time before judging him.

It took him some time to show what he was capable of, and the advent of Redmond didn''t help, and playing on the left was as difficult for him as it was for Redmond.

He is a confidence player, and once he has had a few games, and come to trust his knee, I hope that we shall see again the effective player he was, - with pace and an ability to cross better than Redmond''s.

It looks to me like he has lost a bit of pace, but it could also be the comparison with Redmond and Murphy, both real speed merchants.

He deserves a bit of time to show what he can do.

Plus with the extra games we need a big squad who can play regularly.