Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Carlos Cuellar

Oh gawd

I don''t know anything about him but I''m going to presume this is the worst moment in the clubs history.

He''s more than good enough for the Championship. If he signs, he''d probably be then 2nd best CB at the club (behind Turner, above Bennett and Martin and not including Bassong).

He was a bit of a fan favourite at Villa, i believe, so he obviously offers something. Though i can''t say i know much about him.

[quote user="grefstad"]Cb or rb. 33yrs. Not overly happy, but not worse than Martin anyway. Useful squad player on a free[/quote]And there is the problem , buy a good centre back and Adams has to drop Martin (which is not going to happen or Bennett would be starting) so we have to sign some old back up player so that Mr nice guy can continue to start however badly he plays .

At least we''re sticking to young and hungry with Jerome, Cuellar and O''Neill..oh wait.

I guess resale value isn''t what Adams is after, but experience. Hopefully it all works for us when it counts. None of them are rubbish players by any means, but none are better than we have and won''t be improving much individually either.

Let''s hope this all pans out. Not sure what we''re doing with the money we''ve made from sales though. Must be one biggish signing for us incoming? Right back would be my ideal one

We are behaving more like Rotherham than Norwich in transfer deals will be our second free bee more important he has not effectively played competitively last season so what fitness etc level is he at.

Do not get me wrong he may be great and am more than happy to give him a chance but we are not really building a squad for the future here are we !

Meanwhile Bassong trains apparently with the youth and although clearly has no future here is still on our books!

Another one on the cheap. Where''s all the money gone? We could spend £15m to £20m and we are buying unexceptional free agents - Lafferty, O''Neil, now Cuellar. I may have to take back that description of Lafferty, - it looks like it, I''m optimistic about his contribution.

[quote user="Salopian"]Another one on the cheap. Where''s all the money gone? We could spend £15m to £20m and we are buying unexceptional free agents - Lafferty, O''Neil, now Cuellar. I may have to take back that description of Lafferty, - it looks like it, I''m optimistic about his contribution.[/quote]
Not a free agent. Rumoured to have cost around 5 million euros- £4 million

He''s a big unit, but not a particularly quick one.

If he & Turner were to start against quick opposition I''d be a little worried but I assume that won''t be the case too often.

Salopian I believe we paid a fee (£ms) for Lafferty so hardly a free agent.

However as we continually mention here we need to find some defenders, particularly a commanding CB. Possibly there is just a lack of credible targets.

Possibly in true Norwich style we will scour all of Europe only to find that the right man is already at the club - Ryan Bennett or possibly Seb Bassong. Time for Adams and Bassong to be bigger men put their differences aside and put the club first!!!

[quote user="grefstad"]Cb or rb. 33yrs. Not overly happy, but not worse than Martin anyway. Useful squad player on a free[/quote]

Can''t actually remember ever seeing you even remotely happy with anyone we''ve been linked with grefstad, unless it''s someone you have already mentioned..........

Its good for a RB, but we still need a CB. Can you imagine Cuellar and Turner playing alongside each other, thats a scary thought, but on a free and to rival whits (if that''s how he''ll be used) thats a good piece of business i think

There''s a few on here like that temp. I can imagine them as kids at Christmas opening their presents ..

"Don''t like it...

Don''t like it..."

Good to see you posting Temp!

[quote user="York Canary"]At least we''re sticking to young and hungry with Jerome, Cuellar and O''Neill..oh wait.

I guess resale value isn''t what Adams is after, but experience. Hopefully it all works for us when it counts. None of them are rubbish players by any means, but none are better than we have and won''t be improving much individually either.

Let''s hope this all pans out. Not sure what we''re doing with the money we''ve made from sales though. Must be one biggish signing for us incoming? Right back would be my ideal one[/quote]Young and hungry is one thing - but you need a bit of experience too.We still have a relatively young squad. Even with Cuellar we''d only have four players over 30. O''Neil, Hoolahan and Turner would be the others. Whittaker is not far off - nor is Garrido.Jerome is 28 - at an ideal age really. He is bound to want regular football and I bet after a frustrating season by his previous standards. he''s keen to get going again.Both players proven at this level or higher. One on a free. You could argue again that £2million for Jerome is a steal considering the players that the likes of Fulham have signed for £11million etc.

If Ryan Bennett doesn''t get a fair crack by Jan he needs to leave. Being wasted and needs to be playing. If he can''t get ahead of a false CB or slow guys approaching their mid 30s he needs to have a think about his chances here. Bet he wishes he went to Swansea

if he was at Swansea he would have a england cap by now or a bigger move, that''s how good he is, yet we have had two clueless managers with no idea.

Although Bennett is a great talent, it will do him good (along with Redmond) to have a season in the championship. In the occasion that he did play last season, he shied away from the game a bit too much for me, however he''ll be fantastic if he gets a run of games.

Martin----Bennett----Turner-----Olsson

Best back line in the championship by a mile; make it happen Neyul

Top, top signing at this level and has played with Turner before.

We don''t want ''young and hungry'' at the back, we want vastly experienced, lower Premiership quality defenders like Turner and Cuellar to help us get promoted.

Jerome will be a good signing too! Wilbraham with pace and technique, have people forgotten what league we''re in? These are great signings!

Don''t know much about Cuellar, but right now I am trusting the management to sign the type of players for the job on hand. We need a very strong squad and a bit of experience will do no harm at all. In addition, there are a lot of games to play, so those worried Bennett will not feature much need not worry, it is almost certain that our back four will suffer from a few injuries and he will end up getting plenty of game time I''m sure, hence that why he signed a new contract recently.....its called a squad.

We probably won''t get a better defensive signing for free than Cuellar at this level. Experienced, has played a lot of games in English football - most, if not all, in the top flight, and can cover for two positions - right back and centre half.