Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Well! This is getting confusing !!

So SSN reports that Leroy and Surman are just about done and dusted deals , NA says no such thing is happening and both are training and staying .

We are linked with Commons , Norwood , Cuellar and Jerome ,, but it appears that the links are also tenuous .

Now I know that football rumourmongering is a full time job for some ,, but SSN ,, and the the "Pink Un " report the stories ,,, is it all just conjecture ??

I find it hard to believe it when we are being told by the club that all these stories have no basis in fact ,, what do you all think ?

Sky Sports News spout a lot of crap at this time of year. I expect the Pink Un headlines regarding Fer are based on their news story from over the weekend.Yes, we may well have accepted an offer and he may well be a QPR player in a matter of days, but I wouldn''t take it as gospel just yet. Not until we see him being paraded with a blue & white hooped shirt in his hands at Loftus Road, with Harry hanging out of his car window telling anyone who''ll listen what a "triffic player" he''s just signed.

Well I know that Cuellar and Jerome are done deals. I had a conversation today with someone inside the club. Adams seemed to think Commons was a no no.

Fer will leave for QPR. Surman is the weird one. Don''t rate him myself but he started the first game which made me think he was in Adams'' plans but maybe he was trying to drive Bournmouth''s offer up. Who knows.

I think that at this stage of the window clubs have made hundreds of enquiries and are keeping tabs on many players in case they lose people at the last minute ... some enquiries are speculative some more meaningful and a news desperate media occasionally hear a whisper and put it in print.

The best thing is not to believe any rumour until the club officially announce it!

In reply to "Yellow Nets " if we really are getting Jerome in , I would hope that it''s a replacement for Bechio .Cuellar I can understand ,, sort of ,,, but only as cover .

The Leroy story is the one that is stumping me ,, supposedly agreed a fee ,, but the medical today ? Unlikely if he was training at Colney , and with Adams outrightly denying that anything has happened .

Re: Sky, is it a possibility that it''s ''Arry and Fernandes trying to pull a fast one and unsettle Leroy? Fernandes did add Leroy on Twitter not so long ago remember.

Leroy seems very professional though and not one to throw his toys out of the pram, so should see us get top dollar if he does leave.

I would say that we have rejected an offer that qpr are not prepared to increase and now they are playing dirty trying to unsettle the player and force our hands. Fcuk them!

You can''t believe 90% of the rumours you read these days!

You might call me childish but I put the whole "rumour" thing to test a couple of seasons back..

News was rife that Leeds were set sign Connor Wickham, so..

I made a ITK post on here stating that we (Norwich) were set to scupper the move and sign Wickham ourselves. I then posed as a Leeds fan on their forum saying Norwich were about to scupper their move for Wickham. I then posed as an Ipswich fan on their forum saying Wickham was about to join the scum (us). I then posed as a Sunderland fan on their forum again saying Wickham was set to join Norwich. I then posted the same rumour on FootballRumours. I then posted the same rumour again on Sky Sports rumours.

Forward 24 hours and TalkSport were reporting that Norwich were set to sign Wickham.

Forward another 24 hours and Sky Sports were reporting on their main page that Norwich, Leeds and Sheffield Wed were battling it out for Wickham.

It took me all of half an hour, forward 2 days and my completely made up rumour was being reported by Sky.

I hope this shows how "reliable" Sky''s rumours actually are!

So the name of a popular clothing brand that is spelt differently to a swear word gets blocked on here!!

Adams said about a week ago after getting Wes to sign that surman was next on the list. I imagine that surmans probobly expressed a desire to leave with Bournemouth still interested?

As for fer, despite what anyone says he''s absolute quality. Premier league is his level but surely it has to be impossible they''ve agreed a fee if he does show up tomorrow. I just hope that it gets nearer the window closing and no fee still agreed, as if we can''t find a replacement we might stay strong to hold on. It''s funny how football goes but it could all be pure speculation from the agent but all will be revealed I imagine

I was thinking this. Arry has said he wants two midfielders and a striker. Arry always says too much. What''s the odds on him or his cronies putting it out that they had agreed fee with us when they haven''t.

Hope McNally stuffs it up them big style

The fans here generally love Leroy Fer.

He can be a star and hero here by getting us promoted or be a bit part at QPR

HOPE YOU READ THIS LEROY

mm it would appear the original story is no longer on the skysports qpr page

or it has been amended

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/9426034/transfer-news-qpr-closing-on-deal-for-norwich-midfielder-leroy-fer

Adams does not say that Leroy isn''t going, just that he''s not going at the moment. This suggests to me that McNally is seeking a higher fee or hasn''t agreed ad dons and sell on clause. I still think he''ll be off before the end of the window.

Crafty Canary wrote: Adams does not say that Leroy isn''t going, just that he''s not going at the moment. This suggests to me that McNally is seeking a higher fee or hasn''t agreed ad dons and sell on clause. I still think he''ll be off before the end of the window.

I think Crafty is probably on the money.

Not so the guy who has been setting himself up as a fan of half the clubs in the country. Well he was pleased with the outcome of his experiment.