Im sorry but anyone who thinks that Jerome in and RVW out is good business is crazy, yes we got good money for Ricky but to sell a Dutch International and sign a journeyman cart horse is a sign of where we are progressing added to Fer out and O''Neil in our strong squad is slowly becoming an average one. Lets sell Howson next and bring in Korey Smith and we are doing well

Have to agree , signing old over the hill has beens has never been a great gameplan , Jerome is a striker who rarely ever strikes . I  thought with the money we have we would have been trying to tempt the likes of Nick Powell who seems unwanted at Utd . Commons is about the best player we have been linked too and there seems nothing in that one .Squad is begining to look a very ordinary Championship one , i believe this division is where the Board want to be .

Sensible signing if his attitude is good. Did well in the Championship with Cardiff. Not prolific for the premier league, but was Ricky? I think he''ll be a handful for a lot of Championship defenders...remember what league we''re in now.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"], i believe this division is where the Board want to be .[/quote]

Really?

I mean really??

First of all, you call him jermone. Gotta say, that''s a pretty yokel thing to do.

Second of all, it''s a rumour. Try not to freak out so early all the goddam time. Are you still having a stress induced heart attack over Craig mckail-smith being linked? Relax

Thirdly, he''s a completely different type of striker to ricky. Surely if he came in he''d be in competition/depth for laffertys position.

Think, please think.

Better striker than Hooper. If he played in Scotland he''d score 35+. Says all you need to know about success in Scotland...

Although obviously he''s not a goalscorer like hooper was in the championship, he could be our Kenwyne Jones (he''s started the season really well for Cardiff). As long as we keep our main championship goalscorer; Hooper, I think its a great signing, but not if its s replacement.

And Grabban had 1 year in the championship better than Hooper''s 1 year. I''d say he''s our Championship "goal scorere" based on that oh so impressive 1 year...

Grabban - 44apps 22 goals

Hooper - 35apps 19 goals

If Hooper had as many appearance for Scunthorpe (a worse team at the time than Bournemouth now) as Grabban did, I would bet he would''ve surpassed his goal tally had he not been injured....of course i''m sure you''d disagree, but it doesn''t really matter

Jerome has been in the premier league longer than RVW has with a goal every 6 games (apologies if thats wrong as sourced from transfermarkt) which is a bit less than hooper.

Its seems to be a great player for us you need to be hyped up and then shite and everyone else will be blamed.

We are in the championship ergo players who have been good in the championship are better signings than speculative big money deals for players who may or may not have it takes.

I was excited about RVW but he showed from what i saw absolutely nothing in fact I am elated at the deal the club have done to get him out the door.

At 27/28 and at this lower level I expect Jerome to get a goal every 3/4 games with his pace and power causing massive problems for slower/worse defenders and leading to the same number of assists.

With a front 3 this is a very good signing if it happens as even if he has a poor game he is big strong and fast and that get you something at this lower level.

[quote user="Buh"]First of all, you call him jermone. Gotta say, that''s a pretty yokel thing to do. Second of all, it''s a rumour. Try not to freak out so early all the goddam time. Are you still having a stress induced heart attack over Craig mckail-smith being linked? Relax Thirdly, he''s a completely different type of striker to ricky. Surely if he came in he''d be in competition/depth for laffertys position. Think, please think.[/quote]

That was simply a typo, spelt it correct in description, secondly for point on Craig Mckail Smith, thirdly yes he is different type of player but I think he is fairly poor really and to ship out Risky without playing in Champ and go with JEROME even as a backup would be poor might as well have Becchio as backup and save £2m!!!. Anyone how thinks he is better than Hooper is also in nuts!!!

[quote]Im sorry but anyone who thinks that Jerome in and RVW out is good business is crazy, yes we got good money for Ricky but to sell a Dutch International and sign a journeyman cart horse is a sign of where we are progressing added to Fer out and O''Neil in our strong squad is slowly becoming an average one. Lets sell Howson next and bring in Korey Smith and we are doing well[/quote]You do realise that we''ve been relegated right?You also do realise that Jerome has a better scoring record in the Prem than Wolfswinkel?And that he''ll offer something completely different to the rest of our forwards?And by accounts he may be choosing us over Celtic, which considering we''re a Champs club now is quite a coup?

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Have to agree , signing old over the hill has beens has never been a great gameplan , Jerome is a striker who rarely ever strikes . I  thought with the money we have we would have been trying to tempt the likes of Nick Powell who seems unwanted at Utd . Commons is about the best player we have been linked too and there seems nothing in that one .Squad is begining to look a very ordinary Championship one , i believe this division is where the Board want to be .[/quote]Jerome is a "over the hill has been" at 28?Also Commons/Powell are completely different players to Jerome?

Paulo you beat me to it, we need to get out of this league with players who can do it. 46 games is a marathon. We need another striker 4 is not enough. Jerome can do the big front man job. Lafferty looks great but suspect if he continues to operate as Saturday KL will miss a few games, Jerome will do a job for a year.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]Jerome has been in the premier league longer than RVW has with a goal every 6 games (apologies if thats wrong as sourced from transfermarkt) which is a bit less than hooper.

Its seems to be a great player for us you need to be hyped up and then shite and everyone else will be blamed.

We are in the championship ergo players who have been good in the championship are better signings than speculative big money deals for players who may or may not have it takes.

I was excited about RVW but he showed from what i saw absolutely nothing in fact I am elated at the deal the club have done to get him out the door.

At 27/28 and at this lower level I expect Jerome to get a goal every 3/4 games with his pace and power causing massive problems for slower/worse defenders and leading to the same number of assists.

With a front 3 this is a very good signing if it happens as even if he has a poor game he is big strong and fast and that get you something at this lower level.[/quote]Are you sure its games and not appearances?According to Wickipedia he has played:Prem for Brum; 2007-2008 - 33 appearances 7 goals. 2009-2010 - 32 appearances 11 goals. 2010-2011 - 34 appearances 3 goals.Stoke Premier League - 2011-2014 - 50 appearances 7 goals.Crystal Palace - 2014 - 28 appearances 2 goals.So in total: 177 appearances, 30 goals which is a goal every 5.9 appearances. How many of those were starts would be interesting to know. I''d also wonder how many he was starting up front alone. From memory a lot of the time he was deployed for Stoke as the person to win and hold up the ball to set others away etc. He was clearly more prolific when at Brum when I seem to remember them often playing with more than one striker and a more typical style of football compared to Stoke''s extreme Pulis football.

I think that Jerome may be more suited to the rough and Tumble of the Championship, and he is probably quicker and stronger than Ricky.Jerome is a different sot of player to be Grabban and Lafferty, so I am not unduly concerned at the signing of the new player.

We have done a good loan deal for Ricky, I think, - losing his wages from the wage bill for a year and also collecting a £1m loan fee. If he does well and recovers his form, then we shall have recovered much of the fee to sign him, even if the French get to enjoy his renaissance.

''''Im sorry but anyone who thinks that Jerome in and RVW out is good business is crazy, yes we got good money for Ricky but to sell a Dutch International and sign a journeyman cart horse is a sign of where we are progressing''''

Whilst this potential transfer would excite no-one I''d say Jerome does have qualities to cope with the Championship more effectively than Ricky and its is another target man we require. He also scored twice as many premier league goals as Ricky last season, in about the same no. of games!

Jerome is a decent signing at this level. It''s unlikely we''re going to be able to attract a proven top class centre forward now we''re in the Championship. We couldn''t even manage it in the Premier League.I''d put Jerome in the Kenwyne Jones category. Powerful, tall (both around 6''1"/6''2"), and will be a nuisance for Championship defenders. Kenwyne Jones has done very little in the Premier League over the years, bar a couple of purple patches at certain times, but already he seems to be playing well and scoring goals for Cardiff. I have little doubt Jerome can do the same thing for us. Yes, he''s not exactly set the Premier League alight, but we''re not a Premier League club now. We can cross that bridge if and when we next come to it.

Jerome is a slightly better version of Trevor Benjamin, ie a big lump who runs around knocking people over and scores the occasional goal. I''d prefer Holt back rather than this donkey.

[quote user="Paulo_M"][quote]Im sorry but anyone who thinks that Jerome in and RVW out is good business is crazy, yes we got good money for Ricky but to sell a Dutch International and sign a journeyman cart horse is a sign of where we are progressing added to Fer out and O''Neil in our strong squad is slowly becoming an average one. Lets sell Howson next and bring in Korey Smith and we are doing well[/quote]You do realise that we''ve been relegated right?You also do realise that Jerome has a better scoring record in the Prem than Wolfswinkel?And that he''ll offer something completely different to the rest of our forwards?And by accounts he may be choosing us over Celtic, which considering we''re a Champs club now is quite a coup?[/quote]

except playing in Scotland is akin to playing in 7th division England. Even Hooper had success there, that says enough.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Paulo_M"][quote]Im sorry but anyone who thinks that Jerome in and RVW out is good business is crazy, yes we got good money for Ricky but to sell a Dutch International and sign a journeyman cart horse is a sign of where we are progressing added to Fer out and O''Neil in our strong squad is slowly becoming an average one. Lets sell Howson next and bring in Korey Smith and we are doing well[/quote]You do realise that we''ve been relegated right?You also do realise that Jerome has a better scoring record in the Prem than Wolfswinkel?And that he''ll offer something completely different to the rest of our forwards?And by accounts he may be choosing us over Celtic, which considering we''re a Champs club now is quite a coup?[/quote]

except playing in Scotland is akin to playing in 7th division England. Even Hooper had success there, that says enough.[/quote]

So you''re just going to ignore that all my other points and resort to a really original "Scottish football is rubbish"? How creative!