Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Everyone in the Snake Pit...

Make sure you sing the ''Leroy Fer- he scored in Brazil'' song when he goes for a warm up tomorrow night!

NA - “He’s a top quality player. I think he was delighted as well with the response from the crowd singing about (the World Cup in) Brazil during the game, and rightly so. He performed particularly well for himself out there."

Maybe if we sing it enough, it might convince him to stay....

Sing if you want to, i''m no dictator like the admin on norwichtalk, yet perhaps we should sing it after the window closes, we don''t want to remind other clubs ;) ...sneaky eh?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Sing if you want to, i''m no dictator like the admin on norwichtalk, yet perhaps we should sing it after the window closes, we don''t want to remind other clubs ;) ...sneaky eh?[/quote]

Seems I am not the only one to see this on the " other" forum ! :)

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 18/08/2014 4:51 PM:

-------------------------------------------

I haven''t seen what you are talking about tbh, I was just talking in general about that site, very nicely presented with the yellow and green, but there''s too many sub forums for me in it and your not allowed to reply to anyone in a human way, you have to talk like a robot. Everyone seems to have turned into lord ashcroft, it''s like shaun of the dead; you become one of them.

Well there''s a time and a place for things. If i remember correctly it was you who made that thread which got locked (and rightly so). Now this was totally justified (especially for a forum as is heavily regulated) because your thread had nothing to do with football, it was all about inviting abuse. However, i''ve seen people being warned about their behaviour for mentioning that they are going to respond to people that they disagree with, the link below being an example; now that''s wrong imo, you shouldn''t stop people from asking and question someone else''s opinion; you end up learning a lot from doing exactly this i''ve found out. A football forum should be about discussing things about your favourite club, not stating your opinion and then that''s it, what the hell is the point in that.

http://www.norwichtalk.com/index.php/topic/321-happy-am-i-guilty/

Maybe I was wrong in my assumption ,, but my locked thread was not intended to invite abuse ,, it was honestly intended to invite debate on the way abuse is aimed at people''s opinion .

Anyway , lesson learned there ,, join a clique !

I actually think that with a few people leaving this forum for that one ,, it has improved a lot of the posting on the Pink Un .

Maybe that is just because some personality clashes have been eradicated ?

But I am happy to concede that we should stick with discussion of football matters .

Oh ! And maybe you didn''t read my post ? As it was indeed football related and was entirely based along the lines of " if we play the first game of the new season like we played the last two friendlies ,,, I feared for our result . I think it was the header that was " controversial " .

I actually think its a shame that there have been posters going from here to the other forum because I always thought the more the merrier, and it also creates an us v them situation, notice this thread is now turning into a discussion about the positive and negative points about the ''other'' forum as well as the constant jibes on norwichtalk saying; ''careful, you''ll turn this place into the pinkun'' (coming from a previous pinkun poster to a previous pinkun poster).

I think what would''ve been beneficial to everyone was that the forum would be regulated, but not heavily regulated. For example ''bad'' posters such as waveney who has just resurfaced again would be identified quickly and banned again so that we don''t have 50 threads going on about how cheap norwich city are, yet we also don''t end up having a forum where you can''t tell someone that you think they''re wrong and that you don''t understand their point of view.

Agree Miggins, as I always do, the "other place" is rather like supermarket apples, anything not the right size or with a blemish is rejected. Dont like it at all. Enjoy more organic fruit!

Not wanting to sound like LDC ,, bless him , but I genuinely think it''s a case of leading by example ,, the more that intelligent posts are made ,, the more that are forthcoming .

I like to read differing opinions, and admit that it can sometimes change my own perspective ,,, and that is what it''s all about after all ?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 18/08/2014 4:51 PM:

I haven''t seen what you are talking about tbh, I was just talking in general about that site, very nicely presented with the yellow and green, but there''s too many sub forums for me in it and your not allowed to reply to anyone in a human way, you have to talk like a robot. Everyone seems to have turned into lord ashcroft, it''s like shaun of the dead; you become one of them.[/quote]Have looked "over there" a few times and its a sterile forum full of lol`s, pmsl`s and aren''t we all very superior. No humour, no characters and very little actual debate.Most galling is when their self appointed mother superiors come back on here and post things that they would block and ban for in their own little fiefdom.

The point I think that should be recognised is that the other forum is quite new and the tone and style are still settling down.  Moderation may be stiff to start with to get the message across that they want it to avoid some of the pitfalls of this forum.  It would think it will settle down as time goes on.  It does not need to be an us or them scenario either.  Two forums, both with different things going for them, but the common factor is - Norwich City football supporters.  We''re all on the same side, unless you''re like City 1st, seeing binners all the time.  There is surely a place for both forums and people to post on both. 

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Welcome back LDC .... Nice holiday ? :)[/quote]Yes thanks. Still on holiday.  Finishes tomorrow evening after the match, then back oop north to Holt country.

Good point LDC, that forum is still new, i''m sure as time goes on posters will say what they really feel and project emotion into what they say. The question will be if its allowed, perhaps it will in time

Ever since the ''split?'' I''ve been posting more here as a couple of people are posting less. I might even be missing the odd LDC thread because of his silly bet. Man, just give money to charity and keep posting your stuff (with less frequency lol)

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 18/08/2014 5:39 PM:

A gallant effort at moderating a forum ,,, but the power went to certain peoples heads rather quickly for my liking !

Having read what i''ve just read on there, I agree. However, like LDC said earlier, its still new and it needs to be fine tuned to see what is banter and what is abuse.

Just reading this and obviously a bit is about me, which is absolutely fine, I probably have been OTT on there and will try and let it be more organic. I am new to moderating.

I think if moderated correctly, it would be a great forum splutch. Like you have said, the moderation is OTT atm and there seems to be a bit of double standards going on imo. If you can get the balance right between people who are challenging other peoples opinion and people who are just idiots looking for a reaction for attention, then everyone would be over there in a shot, we wouldn''t have to deal with the likes of waveney or jaemae, yet no one wants to feel as if they''re walking a tightrope. Hopefully there will be a happy medium because...well...it''s yellow and green annnddd has an actual edit button i''m led to believe.

With all due respect 48/49, I still stand by the locking of your thread and I don''t think that was an example of stopping discussion. I agree that BBB is quite often brilliant and I would like to think nothing he posts would be stopped over there.