Sign in to follow this  
Gamble83

Cameron Jerome

When Adams first got the job he went into the dressing room and asked "who wants to play for this club"

I wonder what Becchio said.

Actually I don''t, he''ll have told Neil to do one.

Like I said, if he''s Lionel messi like some of you think there would be queues to get him in. I''ve not heard even the tiniest rumour about him.

A relic of a deal I''d rather forget.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hooper still wants out, like I said earlier in the summer.[/quote]

Too bad NO ONE has ANY interest in him as he''s garbage. He can want all he want, means nothing when NO ONE is dumb enough to buy him.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Indy two successive managers, plus their coaching staff haven''t considered him good enough - also Colin didn''t rate him. What does that tell us? and no bids/rumours about any interest!![/quote]But the facts speak for themselves, he''s a goalscorer - regardless of what he does in training or what attitude he may or may not have.09/10 - 17 goals in 47 apps in L1 + Cups10/11 - 20 goals in 44 apps in CCC + Cups11/12 - 11 goals in 45 apps in CCC + Cups12/13 - 19 goals in 31 apps in CCC + CupsYou simply cannot argue with those goal tallies, especially when they''re FAR superior to anything Jackson or Kamara have managed at a decent level.Also, look at some of the comments from Leeds fans who were gutted when he left:"Loads of goals, total commitment, rapport with the crowd and unstinting

bravery amid the flying boots of a crowded opposition penalty area""I would like to praise the attitude of Luciano Becchio. He is truly

loved by all Leeds fans, his love for football is undoubted. He is brave

in the air, great at holding up the ball, clever at moving off the

ball, looks to bring others into play, and tries to get on the end of

movements. He doesn''t stop running, chasing, asking for the ball. He

looks frustrated with himself when things go bad for his team as if he

is desperate to help the cause. And when things go well, he doesn''t stop

smiling."Then go beyond that and look at Becchio''s own comments around the Hughton situation:“I’ve not had any chance to show what I can do and I’ve not been

given any reasons. I’m just mystified by what’s going on. I can’t

understand it at all.”So according to the player (and there''s always two sides to every story of course), he had no idea WHY he wasn''t being played, or what he was supposed to do in order to get selected, so how else do you expect the guy to feel???As for Warnock''s comments about Becchio in his book, Becchio had made it VERY clear back in December that he wanted a move in the Jan window, that he felt he could play at a higher level and that if Leeds deliberately stood in his way then they couldn''t expect 100% in return. This is absolutely no different than the likes of Rooney using player power to get what they want, but apparently it''s ok for Rooney and co to do this, but not Becchio...Whether or not Becchio is actually good enough for the prem is pretty much a moot point now anyway, but regardless of whether or not he''d have performed if given regular 90 min games, we cannot argue that he hasn''t been given the short end of the stick, with a large chunk of this without even being told WHY this is the case. Either way it stinks of pi$$ poor man management, and makes me think more of the Rodent''s days than anything else...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Just because Jerome might be coming in doesn''t mean Hooper is going out. We need Hooper, he''s our main chance of relegation, if he goes, I can''t see that we''re going to have enough to get promoted. We need to keep him.[/quote]

There is no choice but to keep him, NO ONE HAS ANY INTEREST IN HIM. This isn''t hard.

[quote user="Buh"]If we need backup/competition for laffertys position I''d look no further than a loan deal for... Mr Grant Holt

It''d be worth it for the lift he''d give the place. Just imagine the crowd as he warms up on the sidelines.

It could work, you know it could.[/quote]

He hates it down here! (The region not the club) He wants to settle his family up north as close as possible to Cumbria.

He wouldn''t come here unless we offered him a

ridiculous wage and besides that he''s lost the drive and determination that made him special in the first place.

It''s 2014 so Jerome>Holt every time by a long distance

I''m not asking him to be the player he was. I''m asking him to come and lift the club.

He commuted from Carlisle back in the day

I''m pretty much 100% sure it wouldn''t happen and a big part of me wouldn''t want him to ruin his legacy.

I never compared him to jerome. Just said they were similar type players.

Not sure right now who is better, not sure what condition either is in.

Fair enough, but I''m not so sure the club really needs a lift at the moment, I think we''re all pretty lifted after Saturday and I can''t see him offering anything else.

I understand why fans would welcome him back, I''d sell on half the squad to get 2011 GH back, but from what I saw of him at Wigan/Villa and his reasons behind leaving for Wigan I just think he''s done as a player. He made it to the Prem, scored goals and once he missed his once in a lifetime England chance he''s just lost something.

He''s nothing special ability wise and never has been, it was his mental attributes that made him great while here and I just don''t think he''s got that focus or drive anymore

[quote user="Buh"]I''m not asking him to be the player he was. I''m asking him to come and lift the club.

He commuted from Carlisle back in the day

I''m pretty much 100% sure it wouldn''t happen and a big part of me wouldn''t want him to ruin his legacy.

I never compared him to jerome. Just said they were similar type players.

Not sure right now who is better, not sure what condition either is in.[/quote]

In case you have not noticed Big, we have Bolts replacement. His name is Lafferty.

A decent squad boosting signing as far as I am concerned, and my guess is, that at this level he will be a problem for many a defence.....hey, we can sign another Dutch international, prolific scorer when we get back in the EPL.......

[quote user="Buh"]When Adams first got the job he went into the dressing room and asked "who wants to play for this club"

I wonder what Becchio said.

Actually I don''t, he''ll have told Neil to do one.

Like I said, if he''s Lionel messi like some of you think there would be queues to get him in. I''ve not heard even the tiniest rumour about him.

A relic of a deal I''d rather forget.[/quote]

BUH, now you’re just being silly. No one is suggesting “he''s Lionel messi “. That’s an idiotic suggestion even by your own standards of heightened idiocy and puerility. The facts/stats do speak for themselves as Indy-Bones has stated earlier in this thread.

They are wry good stats and I''m sure we''re all nursing a anorak statto chubby as a result but if he is so good and such a high quality championship striker, where is the interest from other clubs?

Buh, we can only speculate why Becchio is not attracting interest from other clubs but I guess it doesn’t help that he has been sidelined at Norwich for one and a half years. As a result, I expect he is well below the radar. Not good for all involved.

From the Stoke Sentinel:

"Cameron Jerome has been given permission to speak to Norwich after Stoke agreed a £1.5m sale to the Canaries. The deal is now dependent on the 28 year-old striker agreeing personal terms and passing a medical. His transfer would end a troubled three-year stay at Stoke which included a season-long loan spell at Crystal Palace in 2013/15. A fee of £1.5m represents a fair return for a player costing around £4m from Birmingham City three years ago and with only 12 months left on his current contract."

Looks good to me.

£1.5M is nothing in today''s market. Experienced and offers a combination of pace and power that no current striker does. He is one of those players that is unplayable 5 or 6 games a season. This year is about having players who can do a job at this level and then moving them on if we are promoted.

Not the worst signing ever.

I think this is a decent signing because we need different types of strikers and the other thing its obvious Adams wants up front is a bit of pace.

Jerome may not be a prolific scorer but every time i''ve seen him play he''s looked quick and strong and I think i''m right in saying Stoke fans used to want him to feature more because he was the best striker they had for holding the ball up and bringing others into the game.

Having seen Grabban play twice now he''s not the type of striker I assumed he was. He''s not a work horse who will rough up defenders and suited to the lone striker role. he;s someone who likes to run in behind defenders and will play on the shoulder of the last man. Lafferty is also not a big target man in the traditional sense as he actually looks far more comfortable receiving the ball to feat and running at players rather than receiving it with his back to goal. Plus if he gets injured we don;t have a "big man" option left at all unless Becchio is brought in from the cold.

We already know Hooper is better with a partner alongside him so he also is not "lone striker" material,

For me, if Jerome signs it will be with a view to giving us an option with genuine physical presence and possibly with a view to sometimes playing as the one up front away from home with 3 from Wes, Laff, Grabban and Redmond behind him.

4 striker options of Lafferty, Jerome, Grabban and Hooper would be very decent at this level.

I do Budapest. It''s not coincidence that both the new strikers can also play on the flank. Grabban has commented that the players are free to rotate up front when attacking and Jerome would fit into that as well.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Underwhelmed would be an understatement.Would rather we signed Robson & Jerome.[/quote]

I''d sooner have three men in a boat to be honest...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Underwhelmed would be an understatement.Would rather we signed Robson & Jerome.[/quote]

I''d sooner have three men in a boat to be honest...

[/quote]

What you do in your own private life sailor boy is none of our concern

It would make sense. I checked back Jerome''s stats in transfermarkt, and in 11/12 he played mostly as left/right winger (17 times, while playing CF only 4 times) whereas in 12/13 he was evenly used in both positions (13-13 times) besides occasionally playing as secondary striker. This could allow for many options. I can see him and Redmond alternating wings, and driving defenses nuts with their pace.

[quote user="Buh"]If we need backup/competition for laffertys position I''d look no further than a loan deal for... Mr Grant Holt

It''d be worth it for the lift he''d give the place. Just imagine the crowd as he warms up on the sidelines.

It could work, you know it could.[/quote]

Time to move on pal.

Lafferty Grabban Hooper & Jerome is a quality front 4 for the championship. We need a squad as it''s such a long season, Jerome would be valuable.

As for becchio we''ve made it very clear he''s not in Adams plans, so if he''s as good as people think why has nobody snapped him up?

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]As for becchio we''ve made it very clear he''s not in Adams plans, so if he''s as good as people think why has nobody snapped him up?[/quote]Because he''s spent the last 1.5 years playing little to no football, and many clubs don''t want to take the gamble on whether or not he''ll get back to his previous form anytime soon, or if indeed his ostracism by our club has virtually ended his career/ability at this level...