Sign in to follow this  
Gamble83

Cameron Jerome

Not sure how to add a link to this site but linked with a move in the daily mail also mentioned by a few people on twitter - sorry if mentioned in another thread

We''ve been linked with him loads of times in the past. I''m not biting until I see something more solid.

Thought he looked good when Palace played us but would seem an odd move as I don''t see him and Lafferty both playing.

If we need backup/competition for laffertys position I''d look no further than a loan deal for... Mr Grant Holt

It''d be worth it for the lift he''d give the place. Just imagine the crowd as he warms up on the sidelines.

It could work, you know it could.

Funny this one.....he''s 28 and never filled his potential, being loaned out a lot.

Would have thought Becchio off the boojs before we buy another striker, unless Hooper is on his way too?

Who knows all rumours at present.

Celtic also linked with Jerome,could mean us getting Commons,who i would prefer.Only hope the Jerome deal doesn''t involve Redmond going the otherway if that''s who we plump for having said that Stoke have signed Victor Moses on season loan so hopefully lost a bit of interest in Redmond.

I actually think this is a good signing. He is not good enough to score regularly in the prem, but at this level I think he will be a great addition.

If Lafferty picks up a knock then we would be very light up front in terms of a decent sized striker.

We all know that Becchio is not going to get a game and again I think this is right, he is poor. Let him go.

if you tried a youngest and he didn''t score many fair enough at least you tried him out and you will not unearth gems until you try buying someone foe 2 million who you know does score many is pointless ! 377 games 83 goals

we need another front man, but this is a shocking signing, a awful player on big wages, but what do we expect with no chief scout and a radio presenter as manager. gonna be a long season.

[quote user="Orford65"]Do we really need another average striker?We seem to attract them like flies![/quote]

Becchio''s last season at Leeds, August ''13 to January ''14. Four full months. 19 goals scored. During his time at Leeds he scored one goal every 2.5 games(approx). That implies almost 19 league goals in a 46 game league season. It beggars belief that he was given virtually no opportunity under Hughton and is experiencing the same again under Adams.

[quote user="Snoots"] Becchio''s last season at Leeds, August ''13 to January ''14. Four full months. 19 goals scored. During his time at Leeds he scored one goal every 2.5 games(approx). That implies almost 19 league goals in a 46 game league season. It beggars belief that he was given virtually no opportunity under Hughton and is experiencing the same again under Adams.[/quote]The fact that he has been shunned by both managers might suggest that

there is something up with his training or attitude? Why else would both

managers just ignore him?

Here we go again. Moan, moan, moan. Same people who said Lafferty would be awful - lets wait and see, but my first impressions: a good signing to complement our strikers. If he wears the Yellow and Green, I will give him 100% support.

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Snoots"] Becchio''s last season at Leeds, August ''13 to January ''14. Four full months. 19 goals scored. During his time at Leeds he scored one goal every 2.5 games(approx). That implies almost 19 league goals in a 46 game league season. It beggars belief that he was given virtually no opportunity under Hughton and is experiencing the same again under Adams.[/quote]The fact that he has been shunned by both managers might suggest that

there is something up with his training or attitude? Why else would both

managers just ignore him?[/quote]

You may be right although I think he played in one pre-season game and scored two goals. Not significant, I know, but he still found the back of the net twice. I have no idea what his attitude is like in training or how well or badly he has been treated by Hughton and Adams, but the fact is that he is the most proven, fit striker we have at the club at this level and he is not being given a chance yet alone a run. I can''t imagine he is overtly rude or aggressive or even sullen in training but personality clashes between managers and players (if true) are ridiculous and unprofessional. I don''t understand why Jerome would be perceived as a better option than Becchio who is already on our books and earning good wages. Didn''t Jerome claim that he was frozen out at Stoke ?

If Becchio is so good where''s the offers for him?

He''s not part of the plans.

I think this may be an okay signing for where we are right now. Okay he''s not prolific but he''ll cause defenders problems in this league.

We''re slowly evolving into a "team" rather than a "group of individuals", and this league is a slog. We need players who are going to put the boot in. Jerome is a player who does that.

My own view is that he could, not necessarily will, make a useful contribution to our season, but he would be fairly short term signing, if we are promoted. In other words, I don''''t think he is premiership material.

It seems that Celtic were prepared to lay out £3m, so we would not have to pay more then that.

What would he offer? A pacey, athletic approach, able to put himself about and resist hulking big defenders. So he is very different from both Hooper and Lafferty, and perhaps also Grabban. Hos often he plays will depend on his own form and any injuries sustained by the strikers.

That would give us four front line strikers, which is usually enough, with Loza in reserve. Perhaps they will now make efforts to get rid of Becchio, unwanted by both Hughton and Adams.

The slight disappointment is that another week has gone and two weeks left, and there is no sign of the defenders we need, and a midfielder if, as seems likely, Fer goes. We must have one of the weakest back lines in the Championship, and with Olsson out for a match or two more, we could ship goals.

re - If Becchio is so good where''s the offers for him?

Sure I read somewhere that Leeds Manager at the time, Colin, was keen to get Beccs off their books, hence the swap with our star man, Morison. Says it all really.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]re - If Becchio is so good where''s the offers for him?

Sure I read somewhere that Leeds Manager at the time, Colin, was keen to get Beccs off their books, hence the swap with our star man, Morison. Says it all really.
[/quote]

Reading at home in the prem under Hughton, the players arrived about half 12... the team was announced and Becchio wasn''t even on the bench.. rather than stay and cheer his team mates on (we won the game) he storms out of Carrow Road, into his car, swearing loudly and speeds away...

true story. make of his attitude what you will....

Just because Jerome might be coming in doesn''t mean Hooper is going out. We need Hooper, he''s our main chance of relegation, if he goes, I can''t see that we''re going to have enough to get promoted. We need to keep him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Reading at home in the prem under Hughton, the players arrived about half 12... the team was announced and Becchio wasn''t even on the bench.. rather than stay and cheer his team mates on (we won the game) he storms out of Carrow Road, into his car, swearing loudly and speeds away...true story. make of his attitude what you will....[/quote]You mean the Reading game, where a mere 3 months after he''d already scored 19 goals in approx 30 games for Leeds (and had then been consistently given no real chances to perform for us) couldn''t even merit a spot ahead of Simeon Jackson and his 1 league goal in 13 games, and the equally useless Kei Kamara with his 1 goal in 11 games?Frankly, I''d be utterly hacked off about this as well, and whilst it may not have been the most professional behaviour from the guy, it''s far less unprofessional than the manner in which Hughton - and now Adams have treated him...

Indy two successive managers, plus their coaching staff haven''t considered him good enough - also Colin didn''t rate him. What does that tell us? and no bids/rumours about any interest!!

Experience is his only plus point but hardly a prolific scorer.Not a signing that sets the pulses racing IMO.

Has all the physical attributes you could want in a striker. Incredibly fast, good height, strong build. Technical side of the game lets him down though. He''s decent at dribbling, but is an inconsistent passer and a so-so finisher. He''d be the perfect foil for someone like Hooper as he has all the physical attributes that Hooper lacks and would allow Hooper to focus on getting into good scoring positions. 

Might be wrong here but I am certain he was top scorer in the championship last time he played in it with Cardiff.

Also bored of hearing about how poorly Becchio is being treated, it clearly isn''t a witch hunt, there is a reason behind him not playing.