Sign in to follow this  
CJ

My say before tonight

Like many City fans was shocked when Adams got the job just because of how vital next two years are and his frankly limited experience. When you consider the stick Leeds are getting appointing a manager with little experience but at leat he has managed a senior squad ie with adults in a competitive league. It struck me as an appointment by heart not head and one that worries me on that basis alone.

However I agree with fans who say give him a chance but even Adams knows that after the Hughton fiasco who should have been gone last Xmas the fans and board are going to be less patient with him should we be nowhere by Xmas.

He started badly with a team that was never going to win with a weak midfield with two players in Hools and Surman too similar and certainly not enuf bite for an away match against a newly promoted team.

I have little concern about players like Snodgrass Fer and Pilks leaving, you do not want players here who are not willing to dig deep in this very tough League. And that is why I think Olssen had bad match at Wolves we all know a bid came in for him which was rejected from a Prem team and I am sure he wanted to go, many would if it meant double your salary etc.

We have got some clearly decent players in but my major concern is the lack of cover in defence. For me R Martin is no CB and like many feel giving him captaincy is not best idea, we all know had a poor season last time and to me he still looks better attacking than defending. Ruddy should have got that honour now he has decided to stay.

I think with this amount of money coming in we should get decent defenders from Champs / Div 1 who have potential (ayala should still be here ) at least two if not three. I really do not see Whits and Martin as cutting it this year. There are too many fast keen strikers out there we need to deal with.

Today is big test for Adams and team . Blackburn are in form with decent squad . Adams needs to show he can maintain run and continue improving performance.