Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Who else is going ?

Given that we have almost another two weeks before the window closes, who else do you think will be on their way ?

I don''t want to see Gary Hooper go ,, but have a feeling that after Surman , he will be next . There hasn''t been any talk related to Bechio or Bassong , so those are my predictions .

I don''t think Hooper will go. I also think the club and Fer were totally honest with fans over the last few days. Fer knuckled down and got himself match fit, didn''t refuse to play for the club and after coming on as sub on Saturday he quite clearly said goodbye to the fans indicating that he wouldn''t be playing again. Adams quite clearly stated that he was here on Monday but also voluntarily added the words "but things can change quickly in football". Adams didn''t have to add that bit. Fer didn''t have to show so much respect to the fans. I wish him well.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Given that we have almost another two weeks before the window closes, who else do you think will be on their way ?

I don''t want to see Gary Hooper go ,, but have a feeling that after Surman , he will be next . There hasn''t been any talk related to Bechio or Bassong , so those are my predictions .[/quote]It depends on whether clubs are willing to pay what we demand. Our board are showing that we are holding out for big transfer fees and now we''ve got more than we expected for Snoddy & likely Fer, it makes our bargaining position is even more powerful.That said I''d expect someone may come in for Hooper and I''d expect we''d be tempted to sell... Grabban/Lafferty/Redmond attack line looks solid, so don''t think we really "need" Hooper... I''m not convinced Hooper would fit into a system with Wes either (i.e. with Wes we really need to play one up front... and don''t believe Hooper can play that role). If we could get say £7m for Hooper and then spend a couple of million on someone different up front (i.e. a big physical guy like Cameron Jerome for the times we need to hold on at the end of a game etc.) then that would be good business.I''m not to fussed about Surman, but does seem odd that he has gone awol after the first game... more to the story there and suspect he may go.I suspect other assets like Redmond & Ruddy to stay. I''m not sure about the fringe two of Becchio & Bassong as I suspect they are on very big wages for how good they are (i.e. will anyone be willing to match their salary? I doubt it and I expect both players aren''t too bothered about not playing considering they are both on the way down).

Well I hope you are right NN , but I think he is the last of our " desirable" squad members, and to add to that , we have not seen much of him , and hear very little except that he has a calf injury .

Previously his name was mentioned in relation to other clubs enquiring , just as Snodgrass and Fer were both talked of as transfer targets , I expect him to be gone before the window closes .

If it happens , I hope we replace him with a player with some promise at least .

While I agree with Paulo that it will take another decent bid to buy Hooper , I don''t agree that we have enough in Lafferty, Grabban, Redmond . Or that with wes in the team Hooper has no place .

I think that we could get to see the prolific Hooper this season if he stays ,, particularly with Wes to thread the balls through to him . Don''t forget a couple of his goals last year were direct assists from Wes .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think Hooper will go. I also think the club and Fer were totally honest with fans over the last few days. Fer knuckled down and got himself match fit, didn''t refuse to play for the club and after coming on as sub on Saturday he quite clearly said goodbye to the fans indicating that he wouldn''t be playing again. Adams quite clearly stated that he was here on Monday but also voluntarily added the words "but things can change quickly in football". Adams didn''t have to add that bit. Fer didn''t have to show so much respect to the fans. I wish him well.

[/quote]

NO ONE WANTS HIM, so he has NO PLACE TO GO. So unfortunately, yeah he''ll be here raping the club of money.

Yeah, that would have only been 1 goal. One was solely due to a goalie clearing out the man marking Hooper and taking himself out of the play, and one was a tap in from a rebound.... He ONLY SCORED ON MORE GOAL FROM RUN OF PLAY AFTER THAT.