Sign in to follow this  
skeps

simeon jackson

just signed for cov, think that is his level. might be worth a bet on lge 1 top scorer this season.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]good god you had me worried I thought we had resigned him ![/quote]Seconded.Funny how that purple patch he had at the end of the 10/11 season is enough to make some fans forget the god awful 4 goals in 32 games he was on before that little run...(and that includes a TWENTY game run with absolutely no goals).Amazing how a similarly poor level of performance from RVW at a higher level was enough to convince some he should leave, but a similarly poor level of performance at an even lower level (and with much better support than RVW ever got) is enough for some to extol the virtues of Jackson!Laughable really...

He''ll always have his weaknesses but whatever stats you throw up when you hear the name Simeon Jackson from this moment until the end of time you will think of that last minute goal against derby.

Must be awesome to have that legacy associated with you.

Probably the biggest reaction to a goal I''ve ever seen, "the place is going bananas!"

Wrote himself into Canaries folklore with certain amazing moments, with the Derby 3-2 game and of course the header at Portsmouth weeks later, but was never anything more than very average.Likeable as anything though. Hope he storms League 1.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="norfolkngood"]good god you had me worried I thought we had resigned him ![/quote]Seconded.Funny how that purple patch he had at the end of the 10/11 season is enough to make some fans forget the god awful 4 goals in 32 games he was on before that little run...(and that includes a TWENTY game run with absolutely no goals).Amazing how a similarly poor level of performance from RVW at a higher level was enough to convince some he should leave, but a similarly poor level of performance at an even lower level (and with much better support than RVW ever got) is enough for some to extol the virtues of Jackson!Laughable really...[/quote]Couldn''t give a damn what he did or didn''t do in the previous games he played for us - i''ll always love the guy for THAT goal.RVW didn''t even come close to matching a moment like that, so your point is moot.As a City fan, comparing the two is laughable. Get back to playing FIFA, fella.

Always worth a repost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jIrua-A0AERicky would''ve been standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips worrying about his hair, rather than making the run to get on the end of that pass from Fox. We saw absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise.

A nonsense to compare to RvW.

Jackson scored some valuale goals at the start of our Championship season like vs Swansea and away at Bristol and then after a fallow period in the middle of the season admittedly he basically got us over the line to that second promo spot. If RvW had woken up in our last few games and scored the goals that could have saved us you might be able to start making comparisons.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="norfolkngood"]good god you had me worried I thought we had resigned him ![/quote]Seconded.Funny how that purple patch he had at the end of the 10/11 season is enough to make some fans forget the god awful 4 goals in 32 games he was on before that little run...(and that includes a TWENTY game run with absolutely no goals).Amazing how a similarly poor level of performance from RVW at a higher level was enough to convince some he should leave, but a similarly poor level of performance at an even lower level (and with much better support than RVW ever got) is enough for some to extol the virtues of Jackson!Laughable really...[/quote]your post is laughablethey were both poor for NCFC but I will always remember Jackson for that goal, i will always rember RVW for possibly being the worst signing we have ever made (in monetry terms)

I see sentimentality rules over common sense for many posters, just because of ONE f**king goal!?!?!?What''s also being forgotten in the comparisons between RVW and Jackson is that RVW was played as a lone striker in a ridiculous Hughton system with f**k all supply, compared to Jackson who played alongside Holt with great support from the likes of Wes, Fox and Crofts!Jackson was just about CCC level at his best, and League 1 level to be consistently and regularly scoring.I really don''t understand why mediocrity is often celebrated by fans, and we shouldn''t want Jackson anywhere near the club again, regardless of how nice a guy he was or how professional he may be - he simply isn''t f**king good enough - end of.

You literally have no soul

The idea that when you think of Simeon Jackson you don''t think of the goal he scored against derby is just... Obtuse.

Incredible attitude.

its not about one goal. His goals in his good spell got us promoted, that goal v portsmouth was incredible. I don''t think anyones saying he''s a really great player, but don''t undermine his short spell where he was absolutely brilliant, because thats what people see it as; a short spell. We realise he''s not that good, but don''t say he was rubbish for us because we might not have got to the prem in the first place without him as holt''s goals dried up a little bit towards the end of that promotion season, someone needed to score them.

Jackson scored some important goals which had a direct impact on our promotion to the Premiership, not sure why you have a problem with people celebrating/admiring that?

Nobody is saying we should sign him or that he was an amazing player. There is way more to football than statistics, and for most fans, myself included, Jackson will always be associated with our most successful and enjoyable periods of recent times.

Honestly Indy, you need to calm down a bit and accept that other people have the right to like whichever players they want without you foaming at the mouth with f-bombs because it doesn''t agree with your stats.

[quote user="I.S."]Jackson scored some important goals which had a direct impact on our promotion to the Premiership, not sure why you have a problem with people celebrating/admiring that?

Nobody is saying we should sign him or that he was an amazing player. There is way more to football than statistics, and for most fans, myself included, Jackson will always be associated with our most successful and enjoyable periods of recent times.

Honestly Indy, you need to calm down a bit and accept that other people have the right to like whichever players they want without you foaming at the mouth with f-bombs because it doesn''t agree with your stats.[/quote]Indy has a love in with RVW and he has to shout and swear if anyone gets in the way of that