Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Leroy Fer - QPR

I guess we will have a better indication if he is in the squad for tonight''s game.

Unless of course it''s confirmed he''s signed before then?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

I also don''t think its naive to expect the manager of a football club to know when one of his main players is about to walk out the door

Adams knows what the situation is much better than you do.

[/quote] Well he said himself on Saturday he did not know what was going on. My OPINION (because rarely will we ever know all the facts about anything) is that this episode has indeed made it look as if he either does not know what is going on or that he is economical with the truth when speaking to fans/the press and neither is ideal. My main gripe though is the reported fee. I would like an explanation for that if its as low as £7m.[/quote]

Did he say that?

I think that the answer to the questions of many is that NA is only a puppet .

His job is to field questions too awkward to answer for those who make the real decisions .

As fans we seem to be back to the days of being " mislead" to put it politely . Now , if the reason given at a later date is that we were only protecting our own interests by being less than forthcoming on transfer dealings , the next question will be , so what exactly is the "new" five year plan ? Obviously the old one is shot to pieces !

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

I also don''t think its naive to expect the manager of a football club to know when one of his main players is about to walk out the door

[/quote]

Well he said himself on Saturday he did not know what was going on. My OPINION (because rarely will we ever know all the facts about anything) is that this episode has indeed made it look as if he either does not know what is going on or that he is economical with the truth when speaking to fans/the press and neither is ideal.

My main gripe though is the reported fee. I would like an explanation for that if its as low as £7m.[/quote]I don''t think there is any doubt that in order to assuage fans the club have started leaking the details of outgoing transfer/loan deals IF they think they have gor a good price. If the details of any Fer transfer leak out from Carrow Road it will be for that reason. If they don''t leak out it will be because the club doesn''t think fans will be impressed by the price.

[quote user="splutcho"]Radio Norfolk are reporting that the deal is £10m. That sounds more like it.[/quote]

That makes more sense to me, let''s hope they have their facts right.

The old plan is not shot to pieces, it factored in relegation. Try and pay attention.

Maybe, just maybe fans shouldn''t hang on every word the manager says and study every word until they make it for their individual opinions.

Some fans are starting to sound like religious fanatics.

If Neil has to lie to protect the interests of the club and it peeves a few yokels, that are mad at everything anyway let''s face it, then more power to him. It''s his job to protect the clubs interests not appease fans that need constant hand-holding.

[quote user="Gibbo"]Really wish the club hadn''t have come out with that tripe about not needing to sell anyone...

Snodgrass, fair enough at that money, but Fer for £7mill is hardly an offer too good to turn down for a club that supposedly doesn''t need to sell anyone.

Fer''s one of those players we should be building the team around if we were planning on trying to stay up after promotion (which is by no means a given, but should certainly be the plan!)[/quote]

I agree Gibbo. If we don''t have to sell, put a price on him ie £10m and if the offer meets that he can go. £7m is far too cheap and I bet half of that won''t be used to build our team.

It really is astonishing how every word, nuance and/or tense used is picked on and analysed to the nth degree. Adams is a football manager, not some sort of prophet: I''m sure he will say stuff that isn''t 100% spot on at times but will be as truthful as he can be - people should realise that football is a £multi-million business and we will not be given chapter and verse on everything that is going on.

Agree Branston. Remember THAT press conference with lambert when he said he''s not going anywhere, he never said he was going anywhere and that he''s happy at norwich....3 days later he''s the villa manager......i''m sure both parties regret that decision.

Lying about transfer dealings to the media is the oldest trick in the book and giving out a front to try and get more cash is standard.

It happens all the time don''t get mad at Adams, he''s probably knows what''s going on he just isn''t meant to be open about it all. Am very sure he knew Fer could very well end up at QPR a week ago.

"We don''t have to sell" = We want to try and get more money for our players.

"I want to keep Fer here" = QPR you need to offer more money

"That''s the first I have heard of that story" - I don''t want anyone to know who we are after

Clubs use press conferences and interviews to push their agenda, don''t expect them to tell us what''s going on as it will be detrimental to their dealings.

They couldn''t care less about keeping us informed as it hinders progress.

[quote user="Crispy"]Lying about transfer dealings to the media is the oldest trick in the book and giving out a front to try and get more cash is standard.

It happens all the time don''t get mad at Adams, he''s probably knows what''s going on he just isn''t meant to be open about it all. Am very sure he knew Fer could very well end up at QPR a week ago.

"We don''t have to sell" = We want to try and get more money for our players.

"I want to keep Fer here" = QPR you need to offer more money

"That''s the first I have heard of that story" - I don''t want anyone to know who we are after

Clubs use press conferences and interviews to push their agenda, don''t expect them to tell us what''s going on as it will be detrimental to their dealings.

They couldn''t care less about keeping us informed as it hinders progress.[/quote]

Totally agree, presumably negotiations were not finished and if QPR were being difficult, the idea that he''s our player and we can pull out of the deal needed to be maintained. Some fans think we should be somehow be kept in the loop even though that''s impossible.

7 million is cheap for a dutch international doesn''t matter if he was lucky to get there or not he is a dutch international who played in the world cup I bet you couldn''t buy any others in the dutch squad for that also watch him blossom now he is playing under harry !

The Dutch squad at the WC was lacking in depth, ranging from world class players like RVP to quite a few lower Prem level players like Fer.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he gets bought by a side from the bottom of the Prem like QPR.  £7m seems cheap, depends on how long he has on his contract and whether he has a release clause or add ons from when we bought him ?

"The EDP understands the proposed transfer will top Robert Snodgrass’ move to Hull City earlier this summer, with QPR set to pay £8m for the Dutch international and the balance linked to the terms of the 24-year-old’s original move 12 months ago from FC Twente. City are also believed to have negotiated a 20% sell-on clause for any future transfer."

£8m leading to £10m with a 20% sell-on fee sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Sorry to lose Leroy, but every player has a price.

I hope the Jerome and Cuellar deals are true and that we can then use the Fer money for a quality ACM.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Well he said himself on Saturday he did not know what was going on. My OPINION (because rarely will we ever know all the facts about anything) is that this episode has indeed made it look as if he either does not know what is going on or that he is economical with the truth when speaking to fans/the press and neither is ideal.

My main gripe though is the reported fee. I would like an explanation for that if its as low as £7m.[/quote]I don''t think there is any doubt that in order to assuage fans the club have started leaking the details of outgoing transfer/loan deals IF they think they have gor a good price. If the details of any Fer transfer leak out from Carrow Road it will be for that reason. If they don''t leak out it will be because the club doesn''t think fans will be impressed by the price.[/quote]Well, well. Once again this summer the EDP, which used not to be very well-informed about the details of transfers, is confidently asserting (without quoting any official public club source) the following:Norwich City midfielder Leroy Fer is poised to complete a club-record

move to Premier League QPR in a deal that could net the Canaries £10m. The EDP understands the proposed transfer will top Robert Snodgrass’

move to Hull City earlier this summer, with QPR set to pay £8m for the

Dutch international and the balance linked to the terms of the

24-year-old’s original move 12 months ago from FC Twente. City are also

believed to have negotiated a 20% sell-on clause for any future transfer

of the powerful midfielder.Almost certainly, as mentioned in the earlier post, this is another leak (at least the third this summer) from the club to the EDP because it purports to show we are at least getting good money for the players who are leaving. In this case stressing that the £8m basic fee, which some fans might feel is not enough, is capable of being increased over time.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

My main gripe though is the reported fee. I would like an explanation for that if its as low as £7m.[/quote]I don''t think there is any doubt that in order to assuage fans the club have started leaking the details of outgoing transfer/loan deals IF they think they have gor a good price. If the details of any Fer transfer leak out from Carrow Road it will be for that reason. If they don''t leak out it will be because the club doesn''t think fans will be impressed by the price.[/quote]Well, well. Once again this summer the EDP, which used not to be very well-informed about the details of transfers, is confidently asserting (without quoting any official public club source) the following:Norwich City midfielder Leroy Fer is poised to complete a club-record

move to Premier League QPR in a deal that could net the Canaries £10m. The EDP understands the proposed transfer will top Robert Snodgrass’

move to Hull City earlier this summer, with QPR set to pay £8m for the

Dutch international and the balance linked to the terms of the

24-year-old’s original move 12 months ago from FC Twente. City are also

believed to have negotiated a 20% sell-on clause for any future transfer

of the powerful midfielder.Almost certainly, as mentioned in the earlier post, this is another leak (at least the third this summer) from the club to the EDP because it purports to show we are at least getting good money for the players who are leaving. In this case stressing that the £8m basic fee, which some fans might feel is not enough, is capable of being increased over time. [/quote]

Exactly what I''ve been thinking Purple

It might hearten a few to know why Stoke did not sign Redmond:

https://www.clubcall.com/stoke-city/potters-chairman-speaks-out-on-spending-1736856.html?

IMO, the Board has kept a reasonable balance after being relegated.

bit loss in terms of quality on the field, but think we have to look at the bigger picture here.

in my opinion with howson johnson tettey oneill and wes we still have an absolutely quality central midfield. i think we may add to that now we''ve lost fed but hopefully the money can be spent wisely

Referring back to some of the criticism of Adams on the first couple of pages of this thread; anyone who thinks that Adams is in anyway responsible for the sale of Fer, or is due for any criticism in respect of the sale, must be extremely thick.

It is pretty clear to me that Adams does not want to sell Fer and is trying to distance himself from the transaction.

Logos cop, bad cop routine necessary to maximise fees. Some theatre / nominal spilt between board & manager / agent assistance always required.

It was only a question of where with Fer. Some players should not stay.

Ah, the old logos cop bad cop routine. Works every time.

(Btw I know it''s autocorrect I get the same thing on here I just thought it was funny. Peace and love honest)

[quote user="Buh"]Ah, the old logos cop bad cop routine. Works every time. (Btw I know it''s autocorrect I get the same thing on here I just thought it was funny. Peace and love honest)[/quote]

Made me smile.  But then I''m at work.

So once the season tickets are sold the rug is pulled from underneath Neil Adams. Also, no football board worth its salt would sanction such a total decimation of our squad, leaving it very unlikely that we''ll scrape into the playoffs.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It might hearten a few to know why Stoke did not sign Redmond:

https://www.clubcall.com/stoke-city/potters-chairman-speaks-out-on-spending-1736856.html?

IMO, the Board has kept a reasonable balance after being relegated.[/quote]

Thanks for posting, what i dont get is they claim to have met the asking price but we didnt want to sell? how does that work??? I would have thought that meant they didnt offer us what we wanted and that would have been the price we were asking.