Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Leroy Fer - QPR

theres a lot of noise from the PA, and other sites on twitter about leroy undergoing a medical at QPR this morning.

if this is the case, why didnt neil adams actually say something in his last few interviews, rather then dismissing the talk outright?

not really fair on the fans to give us hope of keeping him?

Thought the SSN rumour was that he was having a medical yesterday which has been proven to be unlikely given Adams said yesterday afternoon that he had trained with us and was in the squad for tonight.

I guess tonight''s squad/team selection will go a long way to revealing what is really going on. Personally i would play him if he''s still available, Try and draw a line under some of the speculation and send a message out to the likes of QPR that he''s still our player and very much involved.

The £8m fee quoted is nowhere near enough and I wish the club would come out and be a bit more bullish rather than the lines Adams keeps trotting out about how "things can change quickly in football." He also said previously that he''d spoken to all the players about whether or not they are up for staying but then contradicted that on Saturday by saying he;d not spoken to Leroy and that all these discussions go on between agents and people higher than him in the club.

IF its true and that is the fee then (unless there is a release clause - although i thought Mcnally said that none of our players had those) that is very, very poor business.

Losing Fer is not the end of the world but losing him to that grubby little club and for that sort of fee would be hugely disappointing.

Also would somewhat undermine Adams once again given his comments yesterday afternoon. If this happens today he clearly is not in the loop.

I wouldn''t start fer tonight regardless of anything. I think removing Johnson tettey or hoolahan from the middle would be amazingly harsh I think they all played superb Saturday

[quote user="Jim Smith"]IF its true and that is the fee then (unless there is a release clause - although i thought Mcnally said that none of our players had those) that is very, very poor business. Losing Fer is not the end of the world but losing him to that grubby little club and for that sort of fee would be hugely disappointing. Also would somewhat undermine Adams once again given his comments yesterday afternoon. If this happens today he clearly is not in the loop.[/quote]

The only thing that''s being undermined is your credibility, you''re basing all this on your own misunderstanding of the situation based on speculation, you have a very naïve idea of how football transfers and the negotiations that go on work.

Adams has been in football a very long time he knows what he''s doing.

Maybe he didn''t know about it. Who cares anyway. It''s not as if he''s gonna say "yeah he''s as good as gone, we''re looking at *insert old, poor quality CM here* to replace him"

I agree with TC on this one... you just cannot tell, ''cause you don''t know the facts!!!

That said, I hope he stays...but with all that money out there...

Really wish the club hadn''t have come out with that tripe about not needing to sell anyone...

Snodgrass, fair enough at that money, but Fer for £7mill is hardly an offer too good to turn down for a club that supposedly doesn''t need to sell anyone.

Fer''s one of those players we should be building the team around if we were planning on trying to stay up after promotion (which is by no means a given, but should certainly be the plan!)

Excellent - lets put an end to the transfer speculation.

He wants to better himself as he has an opportunity to play in the premier league, no doubt for stupid salary increase. The reported £7m fee seems low to me, but if we are prepared to accept that value (or he has a release clause) then so be it...

At least Adams can concentrate on "managing" what he has left. He is coming across as either niave, lying or just stupid with his comments to the press.

IMO Fer will be making a mistake joining QPR they are a Smaller club and I think they come straight bk down Fer is better off staying at carrow road full house every wk lovely place to live ! And surely there is a better club he can sign for if he is leaving that is ?

Unless there is a release clause, McNally has said that there are no such clauses in any of the contracts, then £7 million is a joke fee. Lallana goes for ~ £20 million so that suggests Fer is only one-third the player he is. Rubbish and whilst it is understandable that Fer would want to move to the Premiership and no doubt significantly increase his income we seem to have let him go for £3-5 million less than he is worth. 

Be really gutted to loose him for less than 10 Million. Surely we could still get 7 million for him in Januaray and if we are near the top of the league he may even stay longer.

I would just like to know what''s going on, one minute he''s training with us, then Sky reports he''s having a medical.... again!

I''ll be quite happy when the window is shut, fed up with the endless speculation.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]IF its true and that is the fee then (unless there is a release clause - although i thought Mcnally said that none of our players had those) that is very, very poor business. Losing Fer is not the end of the world but losing him to that grubby little club and for that sort of fee would be hugely disappointing. Also would somewhat undermine Adams once again given his comments yesterday afternoon. If this happens today he clearly is not in the loop.[/quote]

The only thing that''s being undermined is your credibility, you''re basing all this on your own misunderstanding of the situation based on speculation, you have a very naïve idea of how football transfers and the negotiations that go on work.

Adams has been in football a very long time he knows what he''s doing.

[/quote]

I think I have a fair idea of how football transfers and negotiations work and I also don''t think its naive to expect the manager of a football club to know when one of his main players is about to walk out the door.

Adams has continually said he does not want to lose Fer. he also said on Saturday that he didn''t really know what was going on as its all done by people above his head. Then when he does come out and say what is going on (i.e. Leroy is training with us and still part of the squad for tonight) within 12 hours the player is rumoured to be having a medical at QPR. IF that is the case (and it is of course only a rumour hence I said IF in my earlier post) then I think that the way this has been handles makes Adams rather stupid because it makes it look as if he has no control or input into the situation. Whether that is indeed the case I accept we do not know but it does not give the impression that Adams has a great deal of control over the whole situation.

As someone else has said IF we genuinely have no need to sell as we have been told by our own board then we should not be selling players like Fer for £7m (even though i think we will be fine without him). IF this therefore happens I hope we get an explanation as to why the figure is that low.

If this deal goes through, on the base of yesterdays presser where Adams said he was going nowhere, it borders on naivity, stupidity, or trolling from Adams.

He will have a lot to answer for now.

Supporters will have distrust to everything Adams may come up with at pressers going forward if this goes through 24 hours after last presser.

Can anyone say how long he''s got left on his contract ?  Makes a huge difference to the fee.  People talk about a player who''s worth X or Y but reality is, you can play hardball with a player who''s on a 3 year contract, but as we saw with Hooper and Snodgrass when we bought them, as the contract winds down towards the end, you have to get realistic or take the risk the player just stays to the end and then walks away for free.

Assuming he has at least a couple of years to go from the start of the season, I''d be disappointed if we let him go for 7 or 8 mill - I think he''s a quality player and give the fees other players are going for we should be looking for more like 12.  Just my opinion.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for him so I don''t think we could build a team around him. However 7m is not enough IMO and he''ll not stay at QPR long, unless he shows no improvement in consistency over last year.

[quote user="grefstad"]If this deal goes through, on the base of yesterdays presser where Adams said he was going nowhere, it borders on naivity, stupidity, or trolling from Adams.

Supporters will have distrust to everything Adams may come up with at pressers going forward if this goes through 24 hours after last presser.[/quote]

He didn''t say he was going nowhere.

I also don''t think its naive to expect the manager of a football club to know when one of his main players is about to walk out the door

Adams knows what the situation is much better than you do.

Its a total joke, we should keep him, how Adams can have known nothing about it yesterday and today he is having a medical just makes him look stupid or he has not told the truth. I do not expect to be told if the player is leaving but I also do not expect to be told he is a Norwich player in the squad we want him to stay and don''t need to sell. If this is the case why are we selling for such a low amount and it would seem to confirm many peoples thoughts that Adams is simply a puppet for the power behind the throne

Very upset if he goes to QPR, I would just about understand if it was to Spurs or Everton but really QPR! Once again it shows total lack of judgment on the clubs behalf. Don''t be expecting promotion this season I would suggest a mid table finish is what we can hope for with our clubs mentality

OTBC

[quote user="grefstad"]If this deal goes through, on the base of yesterdays presser where Adams said he was going nowhere, it borders on naivity, stupidity, or trolling from Adams.

Supporters will have distrust to everything Adams may come up with at pressers going forward if this goes through 24 hours after last presser.[/quote]

In fairness though I don''t think its Adams fault and if this happens he appears to have been placed in a very difficult situation having to field questions on the subject whilst the "people above his head" have been concluding deals (unless that''s just what he has said to bounce away the questions in which case again its not great because fans will stop believing what he says) .

I think you need to look elsewhere on the "football board" for the the person who will owe us an explanation.

I don''t get this 10m figure people think we should get for him at all. We bought him for less than 5m and he played quite well for a few months in winter but was out injured for quite a while. He scored a headed goal in the world cup in the group stage in a match that didn''t matter. He didn''t really feature for the dutch.

He has a questionable injury record too (failed Everton medical).

Lallanas fee is inflated because he is English and Southampton knew Liverpool had a lot of money available so comparing the 2 is unrealistic.

Why is 7m low when he hasn''t enhanced his game while here and was bought for less?

[quote user="grefstad"]If this deal goes through, on the base of yesterdays presser where Adams said he was going nowhere, it borders on naivity, stupidity, or trolling from Adams. He will have a lot to answer for now. Supporters will have distrust to everything Adams may come up with at pressers going forward if this goes through 24 hours after last presser.[/quote]

Except he didn''t say that, I''d say you''re the one bordering on naivity.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I also don''t think its naive to expect the manager of a football club to know when one of his main players is about to walk out the door

Adams knows what the situation is much better than you do.

[/quote]

Well he said himself on Saturday he did not know what was going on. My OPINION (because rarely will we ever know all the facts about anything) is that this episode has indeed made it look as if he either does not know what is going on or that he is economical with the truth when speaking to fans/the press and neither is ideal.

My main gripe though is the reported fee. I would like an explanation for that if its as low as £7m.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="grefstad"]If this deal goes through, on the base of yesterdays presser where Adams said he was going nowhere, it borders on naivity, stupidity, or trolling from Adams.

In fairness though I don''t think its Adams fault and if this happens he appears to have been placed in a very difficult situation having to field questions on the subject whilst the "people above his head" have been concluding deals (unless that''s just what he has said to bounce away the questions in which case again its not great because fans will stop believing what he says) .

I think you need to look elsewhere on the "football board" for the the person who will owe us an explanation.[/quote]

That is very true however Adams could have simply said I hope to keep him but it depends on a lot of things, we have had offers and are looking at options

I don''t get this 10m figure people think we should get for him at all. We bought him for less than 5m and he played quite well for a few months in winter but was out injured for quite a while. He scored a headed goal in the world cup in the group stage in a match that didn''t matter. He didn''t really feature for the dutch.

He has a questionable injury record too (failed Everton medical).

Lallanas fee is inflated because he is English and Southampton knew Liverpool had a lot of money available so comparing the 2 is unrealistic.

Why is 7m low when he hasn''t enhanced his game while here and was bought for less?