Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Is the club really being honest with us fans?

Haven''t posted for a long time, well over a year due to all the grief i got before. however the new me is back more mellow than before in spite of the tough couple of seasons we have had!!I have to ask this question though as since the end of last season so many things the club have said appear to be untrue such as the following:Couldn''t sack Hughton as nobody available yet his replacement was here all alongScoured Europe for our new manager and Adams was the best candidateNo need to sell anybody, yet here we are selling the likes of Snoddy, Pilks, RVW and now FerPilks was injured when he apparently wasn''tAdams telling us that Fer wasn''t going to QPR yet he now appears to be goingJust makes me wonder what the hell is actually going on behind the scenes at our great club, especially when you throw in the shambles of the tour to Italy and all this now being said about Bassong having an injury!!!Anybody else feel we are not being run particularly well at the moment?

You clearly haven''t been looking on here, these things have been done to death: as ever there''s two camps, one that seems to think everything''s gone to pot and one that sees it just as ''stuff that happens''.

In truth, some things probably haven''t gone as well as they could but we shouldn''t forget we have just been relegated - this is clearly going to bring changes. We''ve (so far) lost far fewer players than the other relegated sides, and only one that had any kind of impact last season, but it was inevitable that some would leave. We do seem to have definitely got good prices for those leaving, whatever the moaners think.

Whether there is disharmony at the club or not, it doesn''t do anyone any good to keep peddling lies to the fans. If they want to keep their cards close to their chests then they should do so but they shouldn''t keep bullshitting people.

I don''t believe any of this bollocks about Bassong or Bechio either, they are well out of the manager''s plans.

Ex pats hang on every word in every article and if it doesn''t for their agenda they will make it fit.

Compare what Neil has said to any other manager in the country. Hell, compare it to lambert. Lambert lied all the time and no-one had a prissy girly freak out.

It''s just another stick to beat Adams with. Especially after winning Saturday which gutted a lot of "fans"

We win tonight and they''ll have one foot in the "glad to be proven wrong" camp (loser camp)

Welcome back baldyboy. The one that makes me laugh the most is when they said that they''ve ''scoured europe and neil was the best candidate.'' So basically they''ve had a look at the managers in germany, france, spain etc etc and the best possible candidate for the job was already here in little ol norwich all the time, yeah right. But anyway, he''s here now and i''m hoping he''ll do well obviously. In terms of fer leaving, Adams hasn''t lied, he said that he''s not having a medical on monday.

Which is it it the "glad to be proven wrong camp" or the loser camp? Which camp are you in? How many of these camps can a person be in at one time?

The problem is Korea ,,, that if your opinion doesn''t match that of some posters here ,, rather than discuss ,, they feel it more appropriate to abuse you . Best to ignore this and state your opinion , because a more intelligent poster will respond more than likely .

Yes, I was a little hurt when Adams told us yesterday that Fer was in the squad, and then this morning discover that the player is having a medical.

Adams has always appeared honest, and tried to answer questions, and when he evaded answering you had the impression that he couldn''t speak about a matter.

So I am left with the possibility that he lied or misled, but there is a second possibility, that he was telling the truth but overnight QPR came in with a larger bid, and the club accepted it, whatever Adams wanted.

Did they even consult Adams? Did he know what was going on? I suspect that we shall hear a damage-limitation later. Whatever happens, it seems that money in their hands now was more important than retaining possibly our best player.

Yeah, I''ve got it now Barclay... Anyone who disagrees with Buh is a slack jawed yokel pig farmer who swills on pig feed. If we win tonight, there will no doubt be a post gloating about how quiet the message boards are, as if people really do want to see Norwich lose.

I think some will switch from the crackly radio commentary to sitting in darkness rocking back and forth listening to Coldplay.

Right on schedule here come the chief, blue ribbon winning pig farmer himself.

How''s it going, cletus?

Jas, no I dont think they are but who cares about other clubs? I don''t!! What really gets me is the drivel like Adams was the best candidate across EUROPE and then they should have sacked Hughton sooner but there was no candidate available!!They really do think we are idiots if they want us to believe things like that!!

You are jumping on the "scoured Europe" quote because you and the others that use it have an agenda. An agenda that supercedes your support for the club.

You will make anything Adams or the board says or does fit that agenda. It''s sad, really sad.

Absolute garbage!!! I have no agenda at all, its not using it other than the FACT it WAS said or were you asleep all that day? If anyone has an agenda then it is you as you do not like the fact people have an opinion that is different to yours, all I have done is quote FACTS, but lets not let the truth get in the way of our fantastically run little old Norwich hey?

You say in your OP that Adams said fer was going nowhere

He never said this

You lied then used it to forward your agenda

You might not even realise you are doing it, which is even more worrying.

Really? he said Fer was going nowhere on Saturday in his interview!! And you have reminded me just why I styaed off here for so long as if anybody has a different opinion they are abused!

I am fully behind Adams, i just don''t like the lies that the club are continually spouting about certain things!! I will be there tonight as always cheering the team, will you be there? If so maybe you would like to meet and have a proper discussion?

I don''t know whats wrong with him today baldy, i don''t blame you to be honest if you don''t want to post when there are such angry people and no real moderation on this forum.

Adams never said fer was going nowhere. How about you actually read what he said instead of putting spin on it to forward your agenda.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Absolute garbage!!! I have no agenda at all, its not using it other than the FACT it WAS said or were you asleep all that day?

If anyone has an agenda then it is you as you do not like the fact people have an opinion that is different to yours, all I have done is quote FACTS, but lets not let the truth get in the way of our fantastically run little old Norwich hey?
[/quote]

The only problem is that it isn''t a fact, no-one said that they "scoured Europe", here''s the quote;

Malky Mackay, Gianfranco Zola and Neil Lennon were all rumoured to be in the running for the City vacancy, but Bowkett defended the time taken by the board to decided to appoint Adams.

“The reason we took longer than we wanted to take was because we did a review of the German market, the Italian market, Spanish market, the whole of the British Isles, to find the candidate who stood the best chance of getting us promotion as soon as possible,” Bowkett said.

“And the things we were looking for, as well as experience, is some of the basic things such as coaching skills, leadership, vision hard work, a progressive attitude, hunger for the job and the commitment to do it the Norwich way and Neil easily come top of that in terms of those various attributes.”

Agree Baldy, this summer has been one misleading statement after another and funny how Adams and the board are not in line with a lot of the info tjis summer.

It is very noticable since Adams was appointed after scourung all of europe the board have been very quiet.

I''m not one for being anti our fantastic board but there are some areas which could have neen handled better with regard to the fans.

That said we all knew Fer would probably be out yge door and I''m hoping for a couple decent players in....Jerome for me is a good optiin for the money but Cuellar is not really what is needed. We have enough experience at yhe back we need to find a decent CB who will grow into the team not a journeyman pro here to top up the pension.

[quote user="Indy"]Agree Baldy, this summer has been one misleading statement after another and funny how Adams and the board are not in line with a lot of the info tjis summer. It is very noticable since Adams was appointed after scourung all of europe the board have been very quiet. I''m not one for being anti our fantastic board but there are some areas which could have neen handled better with regard to the fans. That said we all knew Fer would probably be out yge door and I''m hoping for a couple decent players in....Jerome for me is a good optiin for the money but Cuellar is not really what is needed. We have enough experience at yhe back we need to find a decent CB who will grow into the team not a journeyman pro here to top up the pension.[/quote]

No-one ever said that.