Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

10m for Fer. I'd take that.

Sorry but 10m quid for a player who clearly didn''t want to be here. He''s switched to a low end Prem team in a deal obviously motivated by money. We don''t need these big time charlies. We need a team of players working together. I liked Fer, he was a decent player but 10m quid I''d take, in the same way I''d take 7m for "I run around alot and dive alot Snodgrass".

Some of you need to get a grip, step back and look at it. It''s a decent deal. 10m + a 20% sell on.

10m is easily great value for a player that never really delivered for us last year let''s face it.

Where are people getting 7 Million from? The article clearly states an initial 8 Million fee (Either spread out or all at once) With an additional 2 million based on clauses.

Decent business. He''s a good but over rated player. If I was a lower Prem team I would stop bidding at 6 million

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Where are people getting 7 Million from? The article clearly states an initial 8 Million fee (Either spread out or all at once) With an additional 2 million based on clauses.

Decent business. He''s a good but over rated player. If I was a lower Prem team I would stop bidding at 6 million[/quote] Talksport

If the reports are true, then that is top dollar for a player I think we are remembering was better than he actually really was......if you know what I mean.

Would love him to have stayed, BUT........looking back, not sure he was a game changer for us last season?

Mark, have you forgotten what was asked of him last season?

How could anyone effectively express themselves and attack in such a restrictive system that imposed upon the players last season?

It will take less than half a season before the true worth of Leroy is seen .... and it will be far greater than £10M.

I fail to see how this is "great business".

The extra 2 million is just a maybe, their isn''t any guarantees.

FC Twente have a sell on clause, which you would guess is either 10% or 20%.

If the latter we''ll be receiving an initial £6.4 Million for Fer.

He cost us a reported £4.5 Million, he''s only 24, he''s just completed his first PL season, he''s still got 3 years left to run on his contract, and he''s just competed and scored in his first World Cup. We''re set to make a £1.9 Million profit.

What can £1.9 Million buy you? Half a Steve Morison?

A Championship Leeds got more for Ross McCormack.

A League 1 Huddersfield got more for Jordan Rhodes.

Watford turned down £8 Million for Troy Deeney.

It''s far from "great business". We should''ve told money bags QPR 15 Million take it or leave it!

Would have preferred to keep him, but not at all surprised that he will go back to the Prem. Money is pretty good and more realistic than what some are suggesting.£15 million? He ain''t that good.

Stan, your assumptions are a bit iffy and rather one-eyed - sell on fees are usually on profit, not the fee but are also pretty-much irrelevant in terms of a player''s worth. The fact is that £8m + £2m add ons is a good fee for a guy who did no more than ok in the PL last season, but who clearly wanted to play back at the top level....we all knew he would be off so there''s little point ''crying'' about it.

Absolutely brilliant return, more than doubled our money in 12 months with half of the season he looked completely average.No doubt he would have torn the Championship a new one, but it puts a LOT of cash in the bank.  With the other sales and money we already had, we can easily invest where needed.But lets be realistic here. If we are selling him for 10 million then we won''t buy better for 2 million, but we will add to it and create one hell of a squad depth.Good business, IF we now bring in another central midfielder.

Just posted this on another thread:

Fer leaving for £10m is a fantastic deal for the club. We lose a player who only ever turned it on when he fancied a game. A player who will likely never fulfil his true potential because of this attitude. At this stage of Fer''s career, and with his fantastic ability, he should be signing for a huge club, not QPR.

Well, I''m not happy at all with the fact that he is going or the fee. We are a soft touch. The only consolation is that he''ll be back in the Champs next season !!!

... and if we''re not back in the Prem I will blame McNally and lack of ambition.

How  are we a soft touch? They''ve been after him all pre-season. We''ve held on until we get a decent fee. Would you have preferred to keep a player that doesn''t want to be here? That''s one of the major reasons Pilks went.

sobbc says 8 millionsky says its 7.5 millionarchant say its 10 millionneil adams said hes not leaving

i say, wheres the fkn replacement

so

bbc says 8 million

sky says its 7.5 million

archant say its 10 million

neil adams said hes not leaving

i say, wheres the fkn replacement

Jordy Clasie....Feyenord.

If we were in debt I''d have no problem with it. Perhaps the board are hiding something. We were going bust I suppose.

How so much has changed in just 12 months.Last July we looked like we were making a big step forward, buying players we could only have dreamed of a few years ago.Now those players are all gone or on the way out and we are back to buying players, who with all due respect to them, don''t exactly make you want to rush out to a match.The board must so regret not having got shot of Hughton last Autumn.

as I reported at the weekend the initial sum rejected for Fer was £9m (read back, i was surprised that lower figures were being rumoured as they didn''t make sense knowing for fact what had been offered) so the logical price we got for him is £10m plus. i have heard that Twente had a sell on clause so this would have been taken into account with the price we settled on. good business to get shot of a player who was eyeing a move even early on last season.

Nowhere near enough for a player that could be the difference between promotion and staying in this league for years. It appears all our best players are being sold off so we can "consolidate" in the champion5hit for YEARS to come. (that YEARS was put there for you lappy)

wiz is getting all chummy with his mercenary rangers mates

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?182099-Leroy-Fer/page21

will take 10m you can count his good games on one hand with any luck its a season of injurys and disappointment for qpr again if any team deserves to go down its them

[quote user="Paul101"]ohh rumours that Benfica as trying to scupper the deal[/quote]

Please be true !!!!!