Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Our team is being deliberately talent diluted

Our team is being deliberately talent diluted to reduce the wage bill and shore up the bank balance.Be prepared to live at this level for the foreseeable future. Become accustomed to a mid-table Norwich City with a few good results here and there to stoke up the belief of better to come.A sprinkle of sound-bites from the CEO and a few ambiguous rally cries from N.A. and Archant.That''s all folks; N.A. is not being supported until or if he wins his spurs.Another scenario is that our top lady is looking for a restful retirement and wishes to draw off some capital before the announcement - remember Robert Chase.

The sooner we chuck Delia and the rest of the Board out of this club along with the puppet man the better , we have gone from Premiership laughing stock to Championship laughing stock ....and just who is pocketing all these millions because it is not being used to bring in decent footballers is it .

Anyone remember the pre-Lambert era when Norwich City had no valuable players to sell even if we''d wanted to?

Thankfully things have changed!

The recent sales appear to have all been made at market rates, which protects our financial affairs. Fans who think all the money raised should be re-deployed to acquire like-for-like players are deluding themselves. We''re in the Championship now with a completely different set of objectives...

NCFC is like any other company, when your income is considerably diluted you need to cut costs accordingly.

People don''t like to talk of a club as a company but it is an entertainment company.

I for one would prefer the club to sell players who don''t want to be at this club and say keep the academy and community investment the same than stubbornly hold on these players to stink the place out with bad attitude and cut costs elsewhere.

VWW was always going to go, Snodgrass could have stayed but the fee was really good. Pilkington seemed to have burnt his relationship with the club. If Fer and Fer''s agent are causing issues then get rid and concentrate on who wants to be here.

This happens to all clubs our size after relegation.

we''ve been relegated, it happens. I was disappointed that we lost pilks. We need to keep hooper. If hooper goes then i''ll be worried

[quote user="First Wazzock"]As long as there is enough in the kitty to pay McNasty his huge bonus all is well[/quote]A huge bonus would equal promotion so I''d be happy.

all i keep noticing is you posting the same thing and nothing else buh. It maybe true, but do you have to tell people what their doing on every thread this morning, its unnecessary, calm down man.

Paul 101 wrote the following post at 19/08/2014 12:46 PM:

well it is her money so..

Well, no it''s not actually. As a director she is legally responsible for maintaining the best interests of the company''s shareholders of which she is the majority holder along with her husband. The money is the shareholders, all of them.

We are now awash with cash, with sales raising £20m plus, and transfers in costing much less than half of that. (And there are parachute payments of course.)

I hoped that we might sign one or two very good Championship players who could develop into Premiership players when we have promotion - but we have significantly weakened our squad and reduced our prospects.

It is possible with Lafferty and the rest we can become a top half team, especially if Cuellar signs, but I think that we would have to spend a little more to make the play-offs a possibility.

The fact that so many of our players are fetching sizeable fees (and I include the RVW deal and Pilks @ £2m) from Premier League clubs just reminds me of the mess-up that Chris Hughton made of it by getting us nearly relegated and the Board for virtually ensuring that we were by the timing of his dismissal.

Leroy Fer''s departure  hits me in the guts most as it symbolises the fact that we are where we are. We will never know just how much the player and his agent pushed for it so it seems puerile to blame the Club.

I am fairly certain that the Club were not touting him in the market

Adams considers it a loss so presumably McN. did everything possible to hang on in there, short of mortgaging the main stand.    

agree. apparently culler is signing and Cameron Jerome for £1.5m (if it goes through) I think could be a great piece of business. We still need a CB, a LM, and a replacement for Fer.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]agree. apparently culler is signing and Cameron Jerome for £1.5m (if it goes through) I think could be a great piece of business. We still need a CB, a LM, and a replacement for Fer.[/quote]Its terrible business , Jerome has been total crap ever since he left Cardiff , and do we really need an aged defender who will do nothing but sit on the bench , Bennett is better and cannot get a kick .Delia has decided this is our level and wants to be in this division and thats why yes boy got the job in the summer .

It is about balance I agree, just like when we go back up again we will probably be buying players for 6-8 million from clubs that got relegated and their fans will be getting mardy!

Love this continuing belief that we are, somehow, a "laughing stock."

Fans of all other 91 league clubs have more to worry about, speculate over else care much about other than their own clubs affairs, never mind that a club that, with the notable exception of one, they have no interest in and little to no knowledge of.

How is it that on one hand we''re "little old Norwich" but on the other we''re so prominent and important that every other fan of every other club in the land is so emotionally attached to us as to be laughing at our ''plight''!

Interesting reading this comment today from the Stoke City Chairman which differs from the threads heading - 

He said: "We have made offers for players this

year. On Nathan Redmond, we were prepared to pay money. We met Norwich''s asking

price, but the club didn''t want to sell and I don''t have any quarrel with

Norwich for that".

Seems to me we will only sell if we want to, and at the right price.

e said: "We have made

offers for players this year. On Nathan Redmond, we were prepared to pay

money. We met Norwich''s asking price, but the club didn''t want to sell

and I don''t have any quarrel with Norwich for that. Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/stoke-city/potters-chairman-speaks-out-on-spending-1736856.html

and I don''t have any quarrel with Norwich for that. Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/stoke-city/potters-chairman-speaks-out-on-spending-1736856.html

How can a player meet the clubs "asking price" and then the club say he''s not for sale?