Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Is Adams a liar?

Not to kill the buzz on the pre-game.

But! With the recent transfer of Pilkington to Cardiff it came out as he didn''t have an injury even though Adams suggested he had - is this the same with Fer and the QPR transfer. I guess we''ll find out tonight - OTBC.

No, but he''s having to cope with a fanbase that has a certain percentage that has the IQ of the vegetables they grow.

[quote user="AidanC"]Not to kill the buzz on the pre-game.

But! With the recent transfer of Pilkington to Cardiff it came out as he didn''t have an injury even though Adams suggested he had - is this the same with Fer and the QPR transfer. I guess we''ll find out tonight - OTBC.[/quote]I posted this in a different thread that was basically the same i.e. bashing Adams for "lying".....

I personally think Adams has been pretty refreshing in interviews... it

hasn''t been the same evasive/stock answers that most football managers

use (and what Hughton was often bashed for).... his response to the Kris

Commons link was classic - most managers would have said something like

"we are looking at a lot of players" rather than just dismissing it. However, due to this his words are now being twisted into "lies"And

by "lies", I mean people are interpreting what he''s saying in one

specific way and then attributing quotes to that.... it''s snowballing so

people are now saying that he said x when he actually said y.For example, from memory he said:-

Pilks wasn''t ready/fit, but Pilks on Twitter said he was available...

are we to trust Pilks (who has since left) or our manager? I suspect the

reality is both are right since fitness isn''t a black and white

situation... maybe Adams thought he wasn''t doing enough in training and

publicly didn''t want to have a go at Pilks?- He wanted to keep

RvW. I don''t think he ever said he wouldn''t leave. Even if he didn''t

want to keep RvW, he''s not going to say to the press "RvW is cr@p and

are desperate to sell"... if he did that then we wouldn''t exactly be in a

position to negotiate the deal we did with St Etienne. - Fer

was in the squad for today. There''s no evidence that that wasn''t the

case yesterday. The fact he played on Saturday afternoon indicates no

fee was agreed at that point... and it obviously wasn''t agreed when he

was asked the question. Until he''s sold he''s still a Norwich player and

as such should be available. Also maybe him saying Fer was in the squad

pushed QPR into action (the rumours have been going around for weeks...

maybe this was our way of putting pressure on i.e. "if you want him,

make us a proper offer").He''s been accused of lying about all of

the above, but I don''t see lies here... maybe he''s not 100%

transparent, but if he was he would have been putting the club at risk

(i.e. reducing our bargaining power over fees).Personally think

some of our fans are being a bit naive about what a multi million pound

company will say publicly about multi million pound assets.Maybe everyone would be happy if he said nothing in interviews?

NO, he is just being economical with the truth.....just like all of the other Managers of football clubs when faced with similar questions, they have to duck and dive a bit, always been like that.

The problem is, that some on here already have it in for Neil Adams and are looking for ways to have a dig at any opportunity........not yet on the scale of the Hoooghton Outers but not bad considering its just two games in to the season.....I look forward to seeing a picture of him with clowns make up on soon.

Oh, and I am one of many on here who ARE giving Neil Adams a fair chance regardless of who I wanted as Manager...........

Adams has been refreshingly honest. With regard to Fer on Monday he said that he trained and was in the squad for Blackburn but that things can change very quickly in football. A more dishonest answer wouldn''t have included the "but..."

As for Pilks didn''t Adams say he has a niggle and missed training on the Friday? It seems Pilks and Adams'' critics don''t see the need to explain why he missed training on the Friday if he wasn''t injured.

[quote user="AidanC"] With the recent transfer of Pilkington to Cardiff it came out as he didn''t have an injury even though Adams suggested he had -[/quote]

Your thread title questions whether Adams is a liar over the Pilkington injury issue. Well Saturday night in The Nelson David McNally said that Pilkington had six DIFFERENT injuries last season and missed a total of 119 days training so I think I will side with Adams version on that matter.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]not yet on the scale of the Hoooghton Outers but not bad considering its[/quote]

Yeah, they were so delusional...

Is Adams a lier? What a silly question based on being emotionally involved in selling our best players I presume. Fer was always going to leave and 10 million quid isn''t bad. Pilks was way down the pecking order as he wanted out and had become a sick note. We have earned 20 million in sales so far and are still buying. I understand the frustration of those who get angry when we sell but why accuse him of lying?

You could tell the truth to fans / potential buyers / The press / your players.

These could include:

"We need money"

"He''s a pain and we want to get him out"

"He doesn''t want to play at this level"

"He''d love to play for you."

"He is going to get injured if he can''t stay out of McD''s / Ladbrokes / The Nag''s Head"

The truth is sure to get you top dollar / good football contacts / respect from your players / a good press

Indeed Parma. Which is why I feel that Adams, with comments like "but things change quickly in football", was being refreshingly honest.

[quote] user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]You could tell the truth to fans / potential buyers / The press / your players. These could include: "We need money" "He''s a pain and we want to get him out" "He doesn''t want to play at this level" "He''d love to play for you." "He is going to get injured if he can''t stay out of McD''s / Ladbrokes / The Nag''s Head" The truth is sure to get you top dollar / good football contacts / respect from your players / a good press[/quote]

Adams and McNally should be congratulated on their negotiating, this could have easily become one of those deals that get done one the last day of the transfer window but they used tonight''s game as leverage and now they''ve got more time to bring in replacements.

Thanks guys for some sensible responses[Y]I had to re-read some of Adams'' comments and it looks as those that don''t want him as manager are reading too much into things, purely to back up their prejudices.

Oh the delicious irony of Buh calling Dubai Mark a proper fan and top poster. I thought in your tiny mind ex pats who live across the other side of the world, who don''t attend games, and who''s only connection to Norwich City is via streams, the odd televised game, and social media had no right commenting on such issues? Surely his opinion holds no value whatsoever? Or is this only the case when the non attending ex pat has differing views from your own? Oh and by the way Dubai Mark, boy did those ''Hootun outers'' end up looking foolish! How wrong they were....

I think he was just misquoted,

he said something like "Theres been a few niggles" "pilks didnt train" .... just feel there was a full stop missing.. two sentences...

either way: MEH.