Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

up and coming In's and Out's

So its looking very likely that Fer in on his way to QPR, and reports of Cuellar and Jerome are on there way in, what are peoples thoughts on this?

For me personally, i never thought we would be able to keep hold of Fer once we were relegated, so it comes as no surprise for me that he is on his way out. Replacing him wont be easy this time of the season, one player i would like to see who we missed out on a few years back is Henri Lansbury. when he was here i thought he was class and to think Forest only paid £1m for his was a bargain at the time.

i think Cuellar will be a good addition to the squad and will hopefully improve the defence. Jerome on the other hand seems a waste of money and time to me, his goal scoring rate is pretty poor and with a proven goal scorer at this level in our squad already in Becchio who i feel should be in the first team i dont see the point in bringing jerome to the club.

what are peoples thoughts?

There''s a load of bull being talked about Becchio.

If he was in anything like the form he was in at Leeds then he would be playing week in week out- Fact!

He isn''t, and I am very sure that Adams is not excluding him out of spite. It''s the same at any level of football. If you are putting in the effort, you will get the managers attention.

It''s typical of this forum for certain people to moan about everything. OK Adams wasn''t my first choice either but I will give him every chance to turn things around. We have no divine right to be in the Premiership, it will only come with everyone sticking together.

This forum resembles a kindergarten at times.

I would welcome both Cuellar and Jerome for their experience as much as anything.

becchio didn''t get much of a chance last season and probably hates this club and not showing ''the right attitude'', it''s got nothing to do with form. How is he supposed to have any form when he''s has hardly played

I get the impression that it is more to do with what happens each day at Colney Mrs M. If he is giving no effort/wrong vibes/lack of attention etc in training he should be overlooked. It is no coincidence that NA is treating him the same as CH if the overall attitude is wrong.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]becchio didn''t get much of a chance last season and probably hates this club and not showing ''the right attitude'', it''s got nothing to do with form. How is he supposed to have any form when he''s has hardly played[/quote]Nothing to do with form? By all accounts he was rubbish against the mighty Kings Lynn last month... if a player is struggling to get into the first team for any reason (even if totally unfair), then he needs to be proving himself by playing out of his skin in the reserves... by all accounts Becchio isn''t doing that. He has no right to be automatically picked just because he was half decent a couple of seasons ago.

i didn''t say he should be picked, i said he probably has an attitude problem because he hasn''t been given much of a chance, which is the reason why he couldn''t be bothered playing against kings lynn

Fer leaving for £10m is a fantastic deal for the club. We lose a player who only ever turned it on when he fancied a game. A player who will likely never fulfil his true potential because of this attitude. At this stage of Fer''s career, and with his fantastic ability, he should be signing for a huge club, not QPR.

As for our ins - happyish with both. Happier with Jerome. About time he fulfilled his full potential. Don''t know much about Cueller, but hopefully a decent signing for a year.

if we sign jerome im guessing its because hoopers also joining the out list

lets face it we cant believe a word out of adams mouth about players not leaving

I''ve said it dozens of times on here, but Becchio was regulalry on the bench last two seasons. You don''t get on the bench if you aren''t putting in the effort on the training ground, or you have a poor attitude.For whatever reason he was just never given a fair crack at the whip. Could you blame him now for not caring! Am sure he''d want a fresh start!

I thought the same about Jerome initially as the OP,but i was having a nose on the Cardiff forum (looking for Pilkington fee and opinions) and one of the threads was about Jerome. I forgot he played for them but they seem to in general think we''ve got a bargain at 1.5m for championship level if this materializes.

As for Cuellar, we needed a centre back aswell and this guy is experienced and that can count for alot especially at this level.

Happy with Cuellar, an experienced center back is exactly what we need. Can''t see the point in Jerome, he''s never really impressed me and if we need backup to Grabban/Lafferty/Hooper, I''d much rather see Loza getting a chance to develop. If Fer is going then we need to invest serious money - like the full 8-10m - in a replacement. There''s no question we''ve significantly weakened the squad this season, still a week to fix that but I won''t be happy if we end up without bringing in replacements.