Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pilkington joins Cardiff - official

Paul101 wrote the following post at 16/08/2014 8:49 AM:

or we could look at everything with the most gloomy outlook and pick holes and ** the club of non stop like most of the posters on here

Subject

Well said Paul, "lets use all the misinformation we can to bash our club" seems to be becoming a running theme on here!

We got £2 million cash up front for a player who had six different injuries last season and who missed 119 days training.

Source....David McNally Nelson Hotel bar last night.

But when fit he''s still a match winner on his day.

Having said that I think he''s wanted out for some time now.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]We''ll probably be able to let one of our medical team go now too, he surely had his own dedicated person? One thing I don''t understand is the beeb''s insistence on quoting a fee of 1m when it is officially undisclosed and those ''itk'' our end are saying c2m.[/quote]

On his day when fit Pilks can be a great player but when fit is a key point given how many matches he''s played in his time here.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Yellow Since 72 has a decent point. Where are the goals coming from? Hooper and Grabban (last season anyway) both have form at this level, but Lafferty has never been prolific. Redmond, Bennett, Howson, Hoolahan, Surman, Fer, Tettey, Johnson and O''Neill have hardly banged them in for fun in recent seasons. Struging to see where the 80 goals are going to come from unless the next 2 weeks are fruitful in the transfer market.[/quote]

Well, looks like Johnson, Grabban and Tettey are in the mix already. Plus we had more shots on gola yesterday than the whole of last season. That''s how it felt IMO.

Sky reporting the fee as just under 5 million, good business?

....while Anthony Pilkington should feature for Cardiff after arriving from Norwich for just under £5m...

http://www1.skysports.com/sky-sports-today

14:19 Championship Fixtures

Yeah just heard that although she said £4.7m. Doubt that very much and just goes to show how wrong Sky get their figures wrong.

Pity they can''t get it wrong with my bill !!!!!!

If we actually rec''d close on 5 million that''s very good business. Very injury prone but in my opinion went missing on the pitch in several games. Well done McNally !!!