Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pilkington joins Cardiff - official

Am amazed by this, and how the club has kept it so quiet and then announced it on Twitter hoping it might "go quietly"...Shocking.  Did any of you boys see this coming?

We''ll probably be able to let one of our medical team go now too, he surely had his own dedicated person?

One thing I don''t understand is the beeb''s insistence on quoting a fee of 1m when it is officially undisclosed and those ''itk'' our end are saying c2m.

I keep seeing people saying what a massive mistake it was and that when he was fit and in form he was amazing. If we''d have been able to only pay him when he was fit and in form he wouldn''t have cost us hardly anything.

Had the potential to be one of our top players but due to injury disrupting his flow I feel he never quite hit the heights he could do. He seemed to drift in and out of games which appeared indicative of his temperament.

I was very surprised to see that he''d made 82 appearances in three years. The way loads of people talk about him being the physio''s best mate, that''s a relatively good appearance record.

This is a bleedin'' disgrace, Adams said he was going to build the team around Pilks and now McNally and the board have completely pulled the rug from under his feet.

Just like when Etuhu went shocking!

Do those appearance stats include games when he was subbed after 15/20 minutes ?

Yes he''s a class player, but I agree 100% with the comment that if we only paid him when fit, we''d have saved a fortune.

Plus he tends to play well at home, poorly away, even when fit.

All in all he''s a luxury player so with a year left on his contract and as he''s clearly unsettled and has been for a while, it has got to make sense to cash him in for what we can get.

Or maybe "I don''t think this will please the "radio presenter", which is my new name for the manager I claimed would be the next Mike Walker six games ago" was what he meant to type.Or maybe he''s just a schizophrenic troll.

Whether he was peripheral or injured or in Neil Adams'' plans is not the thing that''s bothering me; it''s letting him go for only a million pounds. We bought him from a - as then - League One side for 3 million and he''s then gone on to perform consistently well in the Premiership for three years and score on average five goals a season from midfield. The fact that he''s gone to one of our promotion rivals (at the time of writing) for so little is shocking.Personally I loved Pilks as a player and he was versatile, could pass, score, cross, track back etc.I am not overly chuffed about this.

Pilkington has been woefully undervalued in my opinion. Yes, he''s had injuries but I saw him as a key player this season. On his day, a bold attacker with pace, power and a great shot on him.

Yellow Since 72 has a decent point. Where are the goals coming from?

Hooper and Grabban (last season anyway) both have form at this level, but Lafferty has never been prolific.

Redmond, Bennett, Howson, Hoolahan, Surman, Fer, Tettey, Johnson and O''Neill have hardly banged them in for fun in recent seasons.

Struging to see where the 80 goals are going to come from unless the next 2 weeks are fruitful in the transfer market.

Stat - Totting up his playing time, over the three seasons he has been with us he has averaged just over 20 full games per season.

he started 58 league games in 3 seasons

and 4 cup games

last year he started 10

as for trying to get him to stay he put his house on the market in January and told the tnt driver he expected to leave and his time in Norwich was done so ............

happy to get 2 million for him

Sad to see him go to a rival. Too bad such a talent leave the club. All the injuries is one thing, but there were also signs that he had trouble with his attitude. Was some of his injuries part of the bad/wrong attitude? Especially last season he seemed angry when he was on the field in some of the games.

After som time under Hughton he didn''t succeed and now not in Adams plans for the future. It will be interesting to see how long Solskjær can keep him on his toes.

[quote user="he"]Sad to see him go to a rival. Too bad such a talent leave the club. All the injuries is one thing, but there were also signs that he had trouble with his attitude. Was some of his injuries part of the bad/wrong attitude? Especially last season he seemed angry when he was on the field in some of the games.

After som time under Hughton he didn''t succeed and now not in Adams plans for the future. It will be interesting to see how long Solskjær can keep him on his toes.[/quote]He only seemed to be able to raise his game for big opponents, looking the star player in games against Man Utd, Arsenal et al and then would be a passenger for vital relegation battle games. As with you I was concerned over his attitude as a player and his ability to motivate himself. I''m sure he''ll start off well and full of enthusiasm for Cardiff but I wonder how effective he''ll end up being on those long away trips to Rotherham, Brentford and Blackpool.Still worth more than £1m though when we are a bit light in that area. Surman isn''t the greatest and Redmond and the Murphy twins are still not really fully developed as players. The failure to replace Snodgrass as well suggests that we''re going to be focusing quite heavily on a diamond formation this season.

[quote user="Paul101"]worth more than 1m

since all sources say around 2m[/quote]BBC website states £1m.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28776701

Solskjaer said in a interview it was higher than the £1 mil be branded about & most recent reports have suggested towards £2 mil

pinkun says 2m

or do you trust the source who struggles to even get our players names right

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_confirm_anthony_pilkington_has_joined_cardiff_city_1_3728875

or we could look at everything with the most gloomy outlook and pick holes and slag the club of non stop like most of the posters on here

I really didn''t want to play this card but...

A lot of you are mad Pilkington has gone because you fancied him.

It''s just a fact.

[quote user="Paul101"]or we could look at everything with the most gloomy outlook and pick holes and slag the club of non stop like most of the posters on here[/quote]Alright calm down. I just have a shortcut to the bbc news website on my PC and they stated £1m, so I accepted that as correct. My instant reaction was that was too low for Pilkington. The fact he was sold for £2m would suggest that I was quite right to "pick holes and slag the club" as you call it, as both Norwich City and Cardiff City agreed he was worth twice as much as I originally thought.We probably do need to go out and get one more winger in to cover Surman on the left wing, and to be honest a poorer quality player than Pilks with a better attitude who wants to be here and is less injury prone would likely be more use anyway.