Sign in to follow this  
St Georgey

Adams' post match interview about Fer

Word inside the club is that Adams received a dressing down from McNally for saying too much to the media about transfers. Particularly saying he didn''t want to lose certain players and that Fer would be in the squad for the Blackburn game.

For anyone who has seen Sky''s interview with Adams after the game it''s evident that happened. He''s like a frightened rabbit in the headlights, refusing to talk about any ''ins or outs'' as ''its getting busy now''''.

I''m not contesting what he''s saying I just find it interesting that he is so clearly dictated to from above.

Plus it''s a given that Fer is joining QPR. It just seemed ridiculous for him not to comment on it at all.

He was frightened of upsetting McNally.

You could be right but I think it''s a minor problem while we''re getting results on the pitch. He is learning a lot in a short space of time afterall! Hopefully his naivety won''t cost us in close / big matches...

pff, mad at him because he says stuff. Mad at him because he doesn''t say stuff. Man changed the game and won it for us AGAIN today. could care less how he looks on sky sports, he looked pretty good at Carrow road tonight.

Well done Neil Adams.

He''s doing a great job.

Clearly he''s been told to be more media savvy. Guess he''s used to talking too much on Radio Norfolk.

Once more I shall stress that I only posted this as an interesting anecdote, not because I''m criticising Neil. I''m one of a minority on here who was happy when he was appointed.

“I’m not going to speak about any transfers in or out of the club. I only want to talk about the game,” said Adams. “I am learning this side of the game very quickly. You can say one or two things and they flare up and you have an issue on your hands. I know the speculation that is out there but until we have anything concrete in or out I won’t comment.

Johnny that''s not the part they used on Sky. He was much worse composed and less articulate. Again, I''m not criticising him. It''s just evident that he has been told to keep his mouth shut. But when Fer is off having a medical the horse has bolted and he just looked a bit unnecessary.

What he said tonight is what he should have from the start.... .

But who cares he is doing on the oitch where it counts and has yhe team playing good attacking football.

Good on him and they players.