Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Blackburn thread

Goals & a win. All those predicting doom and gloom because our players would be upset at Fer leaving shown to be talking total borelocks!! A few look like they are stepping up to the plate. Gooo prep for Saturday and it makes me look forward all the more to getting back next week for the Crawley & Bournemouth.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]History repeating itself. Down 1-0 at home and being played off the park. A lucky penalty gets us back in. We win 3-1. Manager''s job saved. I will save Wiz the trouble:Did beating Blackburn Rovers 3-1 get us relegated?

[/quote][:D]You ain''t going to get 19 pages....

Better 2nd half, finally imposed ourselves and ended up with a very good

win against a decent Blackburn side. But the squad still looks 3 or 4

players short, and unless that''s rectified with ''quality'' reinforcements

before the transfer window shuts i still predict we will fall short of

where we should be aiming.

Need to remember that Hooper, Howson and Olsson weren''t available again. Like to see Cameron Jerome and Carlos Cuellar come in along with a quality ACM from the Fer money.

Anyone can see, we need 11 players and kick this lot out honestly 3-1 against a team that were on a run of form over last 5 months, shocking.Adams out, board out, and fans out, on the street dancing with joy, we are winning games, something we have not seen much in the last 2 years. Just wish Ricky was here to join in :(

Great atmosphere at carrow road! Glimpses of the lambert days! Looked the absolute business and you can feel the negativity melting around the place. Doom mongers, your time is done. Go back to sleep!

Interesting that Waveney has started going with "Even Keel" given that "Keel" is the first half of his real surname.

A few boos coming from the snakepit early doors, but a great atmosphere walking back after the game. Good result, but overall we''re still some way away from playing decent football.

[quote user="Even Keel"]A few boos coming from the snakepit early doors, but a great atmosphere walking back after the game. Good result, but overall we''re still some way away from playing decent football.[/quote]i didn''t know radio norfolk covered walking back from the game [:D]

Unsurprising to see Wes involved in most of our goals so far this season! Great stroke by Bradley, thanks for the vine link

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Hope this works. Bradley Johnson''s winning goal:[url]https://vine.co/v/M3E5WTXTTam[/url]                                [/quote]

Nice quick, sharp passing and shot.

bin filth on this thread ..... until 1-1 and then gone ....................

........... just like their training ground

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ." The squad is now looking

depressingly threadbare and lacking in quality. I expect things to get

even worse when another class act in Hooper leaves and is replaced by

Jerome, an absolute donkey of a player. As it stands i hope people

aren''t expecting this squad with an inexperienced manager at the helm to

seriously mount a genuine promotion push. I think we may be in for a

reality check tonight against a decent Blackburn side.Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ." And just i post Blackburn go one

up. Get ready people, this season is going to be a shambles, mark my

words. "Prem1 Could of been 3-0 already Ron Manager 1-7 anyone?Maccy''s Back  ffs do one neyul 2 shots on target and 4 off

target....thats blackburn not us the home team!!!!!!!!!!!Ron Manager   We are playing fecking awful!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its fine, I marked tony''s words[/quote]given that ''Bin'' Manager was not at the game I wonder how he knew we were playing ''fecking awful'' - in fact we were quite dominantmust have been his usual attempt to put down the clubcuriously he slid away once we had scoredwell well

Not long ago there was talk that Tetty wanted away, well tonight he played his socks off, and saved us on several occasions early on when Blackburn looked like running riot.

Laferty also saved Whittaker on several occasions in the first half.

Did our defence win a header in the first half?

Garrido going off changed things enormously - suddenly someone was winning headers (Bennett) and Whittaker looked more comfortable playing left back.

I think I was dreaming, because I thought I saw Bradders by their right corner flag - and that was before his goal celebration.

We were not the finished article tonight, but recovered from a poor start and deserved the three points.

Great game no doubt.

BJ again very good and Tettey all over the field.

Have worie that we will not see many goals from Lafferty who is too far from the goal this 2 games.

Josh great 10 minutes for him.

Grabban moved all time no doubt key player will be.

Turner rock sollid.

I watch both home games last 3 days and im curiosed why with Watford was so many police outside and inside stadoum and today almost not see any.

Also away block was with wall from glass with watford today was nothing like that...

Did we have some incidents in the past with Watford fans or what!?

Adams summed it up best. In the first 15 minutes we really struggled. Blackburn''s direct attacks fully utilised the height and aerial presence of Rudy Gestede, who was constantly moving towards R.Martin and trying to exploit his lack of height. Adams responded well, telling Tettey to help limit the effect of Gestede''s aerial ability by sweeping up the second ball. This worked throughout the first half, although Norwich looked more comfortable when the extra height of R.Bennett was added to the defence and R.Martin was moved to RB (I also think this change was partially tactically motivated and not fully down to Garrido''s injury).
When Norwich got the ball down on the ground, they were fantastic. Slick, quick, passing was the order of the day and we attacked with plenty of width.Big switches of play were incredibly common and we were clearly trying to stretch Blackburn horizontally and create gaps that our central players could exploit. Norwich are averaging an insanely high number of crosses per game at the minute, indicating just how important the wide areas have become offensively. 
All-in-all, a fantastic response to an early setback that bodes well for the future.

I can see why Grabban banged them in for B''mouth. Bbit casual with both first shots but clinical with the second go. Adams appears to be able to do what Hughton couldn''t. Switch it round a bit. See where we are beibf pressured and see where we can push them.Odd what a ''twilight'' world this forum is. Most of the talk before the game was about who we have got coming in and how well we have done to keep so many of the squad.No pint after, so wondering what folk would be saying about Murphy if he had been a summer signing. Hoolahan looks revitalised and Johnson now looks to be enjoying his game, free from Hughton''s absurd constraints, no doubt.And Ruddy. As said before, he will earn us some many points this season with saves that would most likely be goals otherwise.Yep, another central defender would not go amiss, but tonights ''mix ''n match showed that both the players and the manager can do what is needed .... ie adapt to what is needed.

It''s a myth that Ry Ben is taller than Martin. In fact, they''re actually both the same height, a shade over 6ft.

Martin is capable at centre-half but as people are beginning to notice, he really gets exposed by aerial domination. It isn''t a height issue, he just doesn''t seem to have the right mentality or aggression to get up and win the header against a bigger opponent.

Similarly, he tends to position himself right under the ball whereas a more tenured CH will leave a yard or two for jostling etc, so he often gets displaced.

At the moment it isn''t an awful gripe (after those two games, how could you?) but as already pointed out on the thread, if Blackburn were prepared to exploit it you can bet bigger and better sides will be as well.

Mrs Miggins, voice of the people. So pleased the scummer defeatists were so sorely disappointed last night.

By the way, everyone else can thank me for switching away in superstition 5 mins from the end. Will late winners become the Norwich way once again??

[quote user="Even Keel"]A few boos coming from the snakepit early doors, but a great atmosphere walking back after the game. Good result, but overall we''re still some way away from playing decent football.[/quote]

There were NO boos from the Snakepit you binner tw@t - you really are a loser aren''t you. Feel for you.